Germany to Host the UEFA Euro 2024

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Ger90, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think Flick is a goner tbh

2. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Possible Bierhoff successor: why Khedira, Hitzlsperger and Ballack support Matthias Sammer
    Who will succeed Oliver Bierhoff at the DFB? This question is currently occupying the whole of football Germany, and numerous names have already been mentioned. Ex-national players Sami Khedira, Thomas Hitzlsperger and Michael Ballack have now clearly spoken out in favor of Matthias Sammer - with good reason.

Former German internationals Sami Khedira and Thomas Hitzlsperger have spoken out in favor of Matthias Sammer as the successor to DFB director Oliver Bierhoff. "I don't know anyone who was as good a player, coach, official or TV expert as he was," said Hitzlsperger on Tuesday on ARD about the former DFB sports director, adding: "I think Matthias Sammer is the one best cast." Khedira joined his former teammate: "I appreciate Matthias because he's already proven it," said the 2014 world champion, Sammer was "a wonderful developer".

Michael Ballack also considers Sammer to be a good successor to Bierhoff: "Of course, he's proven it," said the 46-year-old when asked about this on Magenta TV. And further: "He also proves that with his content-related formulations, there is a foundation there." Ballack added: "It is important that you can inspire people." The former captain of the DFB-Elf also spoke out in favor of distributing Bierhoff's tasks: "The job is exhausting, there is an awful lot to do. I don't think it should be spread over just one shoulder."

According to Ballack, national coach Hansi Flick should not have much say in the successor decision. "We are in a phase where we are now, I think, rearranging things, discussing things throughout the DFB, not just in terms of personnel," Ballack said on Magenta TV on Tuesday, adding: "The orientation is also important and therefore also conclusive the people who are installed, who then make these decisions about who will also be the coach in the future. And I don't think it should be the other way around, that a coach has a say in who is in charge of this post now." From Ballack's point of view, Flick does not yet have the standing at the DFB "to be allowed to have a say in decisions. Because he has been the national coach for too short a time. He has now been eliminated … The result does not speak for him now. Nevertheless, that does not mean that it is for or against should give him a decision."

Khedira and Hitzlsperger dodge
    Khedria also explained that the DFB needed structural changes, "football competence" was the most important thing for him. Only when content-related topics have been clarified should it be about people. When asked if he could imagine a job at the DFB himself, Khedira replied: "No, my name is completely irrelevant." Hitzlsperger, when asked about his own ambitions, responded evasively: "I don't have to say anything about it."
    https://www.sportbuzzer.de/artikel/...matthias-sammer-ballack-khedira-hitzlsperger/

saj7866 repped this.
  3. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Sammer decision well liked
    Matthias Sammer enjoys an excellent reputation in football Germany. However, he will apparently not make his expertise available to the DFB, at least in the form of the successor to Oliver Bierhoff.

After Bierhoff's resignation from the DFB, which took place surprisingly quickly, a successor is being sought, and the name Lothar Matthäus is mentioned more and more.

Matthias Sammer will not succeed Oliver Bierhoff at the DFB for the time being.
    According to SID information, the 55-year-old is not available for a managerial position. This is also reported by kicker, which, however, brings up the 1996 European champion as a possible adviser to the troubled association.

Bierhoff had announced his departure from the DFB after 18 years on Monday evening after another World Cup disaster. His contract originally ran until 2024. Sammer, whom Sportschau sees as the favorite to succeed Bierhoff, was already DFB sports director between 2006 and 2012.

After the German national team lost the preliminary round in Qatar, Sammer spoke out in favor of a strong sports director. He himself has made enough mistakes in his life, but the mistake of abolishing this position, you have to come up with the idea first, said Sammer, who brought the name Lothar Matthäus into play in this context.

Sammer has been an advisor to Bundesliga club Borussia Dortmund since 2018 and in this function is an important contact for BVB Managing Director Hans-Joachim Watzke. The DFB Vice-President decides on the Bierhoff successor.
    https://www.sport1.de/news/fussball...ntscheidung-bei-matthias-sammer-wohl-gefallen

saj7866 repped this.
  4. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    if Flick bails gonna be 100% end of an era
    -Klinsmann coach, Low Assistant
    -Low coach, Flick assistant
    -Flick coach

any new coach would mean we are done with that Klinsmann era legacy aka 2004-2022.

means new coach, new idea/visions etc.

BVBFNM and saj7866 repped this.
  5. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Everything must go.

Ger90 repped this.
  6. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  7. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    for me there is not many candidate for Senior NT job as coach. I don't trust any of current YNT coaches and not much out there.

this is main reason why Flick is likely to keep his job but might still resign if he's not happy with Bierhoff successor.

Tuchel is only high profile coach that is free at the moment. I'm neither pro or anti-Tuchel too.

BVBFNM and saj7866 repped this.
  8. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    seeing Spain crash out in R16 and who play like us, possesion style with stupid ass false 9s and any CF=sub.

needs to be wake up call from dfb to stop with false 9 BS. It doesn't work, never has stop with this shit. Also stop with Spanish copy paste attempts. Like lol, Spain had a Golden Generation fro, 08-12 it wasn't some consistanty revolution type its like every country in world having a Golden Generation, nothing more.

I do see a lot of youth CF potential for future of NT can't say same about Spain though. So if they continue to struggle in future wouldn't be surprising. We are also producing a lot of interesting AM/W too as well.

our main outfield issue gonna be RB, but we don't need a world class or Elite RB either.

BVBFNM, saj7866 and poorvi repped this.
  9. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #309 Ger90, Dec 6, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2022
    Nelson Weiper, 17, ST, Mainz 05
    We start this list off with yet another player from the class of 2005. Nelson Weiper is basically your classic number 9. The striker is really tall at 6’3”, very strong, can hold up play, find spaces in the penalty area and score goals. However, Weiper blends this skillset with more technical ability than one might expect of a stereotypical number 9, with a great first touch, dribbling abilities and some really decent link up play.

Weiper is part of a rather talented Mainz youth team and has done well to rise through the ranks, bagging 14 goals in 14 starts for the U-17s and a barely believable 9 goals in 4 starts for the U-19s in the 2021-22 season. And this season, he’s already made his debut for the senior side. Weiper seems well on his way to making progress. Germany generally does not produce many players like Weiper so Germany will hope he develops well.

Noel Aseko Nkili, 17, DM, Bayern Munich
    Again, born in 2005. Noel Aseko Nkili has been making waves in the youth ranks for years as a tough and brilliant defensive midfielder. This is a rare commodity at such a young age, as defensive midfielders tend to require the positioning and discipline that one can only gain with maturity and experience. Yet Nkili is an exception to the rule, already possessing a lot of maturity, staying calm under pressure and acting as a real leader at times. His footballing qualities are, of course, also superb, as his tenacity in the tackle, defensive acumen and tidiness on the ball leave an onlooker very impressed.

He was by far the biggest star of Hertha Berlin’s academy for years, but the clout of the biggest club in Germany won Nkili over and he transferred to Bayern with just one year left on his contract in June of 2022. This is a massive coup for Bayern and the club’s youth recruitment, so the hope will be that Nkili will be able to develop consistently for the Bavarians. As with Weiper, Germany does not produce too many defensive midfielders so there will be a lot of fingers crossed for Nkili’s development.

Eyüp Aydin, 18, DM, Bayern Munich

This is perhaps a controversial pick, as Eyüp Aydin does not have nearly the same reputation as the likes of Nkili. Furthermore, he has been left out of Germany U-17 and U-19 teams consistently for years, so Aydin has made himself available for Turkey, who have immediately taken him into consideration for the U-21s. So why is Aydin on this list? Among other reasons, because the midfielder is an incredible distributor of the ball. Of all the players on the list, he is the most secure on the ball, with phenomenal vision, awareness and ability to think five steps ahead of the opposition to make sure the ball arrives at a teammates’ foot. His left foot is magic, capable of amazing short, mid or long range passes and he is a real leader, consistently giving orders in the middle of the pitch. What distinguishes him from Nkili is that Aydin’s off the ball game is worse and the latter does not have the speed to compensate for these issues, but that part of his game has noticeably improved in recent times.

Aydin has been a part of Bayern’s youth academy since he was 12, but his contract is up in 2023 and there have been no signs of an extension yet. If he goes, the hope will be that he can find a place where he can play with the first team right away.

Laurin Ulrich, 17, CM/AM, VFB Stuttgart
    Laurin Ulrich is another youngster that exudes so much confidence and possesses so much trickery. He defines the term “problem solver” like few others, capable of bypassing opponents with a quick step to either, a few quick touches or a clever flick on. Ulrich is generally seen as a central midfielder but has played in various positions, including on the flanks and further up the pitch, due to his intelligence and versatility.

The 17 year old has quickly established himself in various German youth teams, becoming one of the most important players in possession and generally the guy people look to give the ball to. His progress in Stuttgart’s academy has been less about establishing himself and more about soaring through the ranks, going from the U-17s in 20/21 as a 15 year old to making his debut for the senior side just before the World Cup 2 years later. Ulrich looks set to push his way into Stuttgart’s first team plans very soon.

Tom Bischof, 17, CM, TSG Hoffenheim
    A list of Germany’s greatest young talents would not be complete without Tom Bischof in it. This is not quite the case of saving the best for last, but this kid is truly one of the best. His left foot is truly fantastic, able to laser guide the ball to wherever Bischof desires it to go. His positioning off the ball is superb both offensively and defensively and he leads by example. At 5’8” he is very rather short for a footballer, but his other qualities more than make up for this flaw.

Bayern fans may remember that he snubbed the club last summer, deciding to instead sign a new deal with TSG Hoffenheim in the hope of getting first team action. So far, Bischof has appeared twice in the DFB Pokal and once in the Bundesliga, the latter appearance ironically against the Bavarian giants themselves. Were they flaunting him or something? However, this is very good for Bischof’s development and as Hoffenheim slowly bed the rising star into their side, his growth will only accelerate.

Final thoughts
    There you have it, the list of 10 of the current most promising German youngsters. There are plenty more that could have made the list. For example, other 2005 talents such as Alexandre Azevedo or Samuele Di Benedetto, more established youngsters such as Malick Thiaw, Jonathan Burkhardt and Felix Nmecha, other striking talents such as Keke Topp and dual internationals such as Gabriel Vidović.

The goal of this article was to show that the future of Germany remains bright despite the second consecutive exit in the World Cup group stages and I hope I have been able to prove that or at least offer hope. Germany’s talent pool will not dry up for a long, long time.
    https://www.bavarianfootballworks.c...-eyup-aydin-laurin-ulrich-tom-bischof-azevedo

saj7866 repped this.
  10. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    LOL at all 05s he mentioned
    not on list Wanner due to being famous name as he mentioned in 1st article.

then Bucnhmann, Ibrahimovic, Raebiger, Bischof, Ulrich, Aseko, Weiper

that's 70% of his list.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
    he did added Azevedo and di Benedetto as others just outside 10, LOL.

Also Weiper is NOT classical CF but complete CF type. People need to stop thinking being big/physical and good with head=classical CF.

and Aydin 100% should NOT be on list. I don't see him anywhere near one of best German talents. Vidovic forget it wont play for Germany anwyays.

saj7866 repped this.
  11. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You know I've not seen much of Wanner but obviously hes a massive talent. Give us some insight on him, his potential ceiling, and other eye-catching talents who could be the real deals and different makers.

Ger90 repped this.
  12. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    All this talent and much more. Is it matter of time before we rule?

Ger90 repped this.
  13. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I have my reservations on Tuchel. No doubt a elite coach, but he does fall out with players very quickly. Remember this is the guy who destroyed werners confidence at chelsea and then let him hang to dry. Also he messed Havertz about alot.

BVBFNM and Ger90 repped this.
  14. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    LOL I forgot what Tuchel did with Werner+Havertz. In that case maybe better to not have him as coach.

BVBFNM repped this.
  15. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Wanner is seen as talented as Musiala. Some describe him as Havertz's running/body mixed with Musiala's flair. Nagelsmann played him at LB vs Plizen completly out of position in CL and almost bagged 2 assists in that match. Of course will never be a LB but more AM/W.

as for 2nd request, I'm not the type who likes doing that as I feel like players need to fully breakthrough pros and impress 1st. So it really is a more of a wait and see. At end of day its how you perform at top level that gets you Senior NT call ups.

saj7866 repped this.
  16. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    that will take time, the "Golden Generation 2005" mind you a lot more than just the 10 mentioned aren't gonna be ready for Euro 2024. Some might breakthrough for WC26 but Euro 2028 MIN might be more realistic for majority though.

I'm actually in that would be curious if likes of Wanner, Bischof, Ulrich can make Euro 24 or not. Will really depend on them breakingthrough XI and full breakthrough at that. I don't buy Wanner gonna do that next season as its Bayern. With Gundogan likely retiring, I wouldn't mind seeing Bischof make the squad but of course needs to fully breakthrough Hoff and impress.

but yeah its more realistic for 2026 WC MIN.

its not just 2005 born but plenty of interesting/promising players in that 2002-onwards. And this is without fully maximizing Germany's potentail dev wise too.

so yeah if we were to win any tourneys might take some time.

saj7866 repped this.
  17. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Just take this for a look at.

2005 Core Players (Unfinished List)
    -GK=Seimen
    -LB=Azevedo
    -CB=Buchmann, Fritschi
    -M=Bischof, Ulrich, Raebiger, Aseko, di Benedetto
    -AM/W=Wanner, Ibrahimovic, Krattenmacher
    -CF=Weiper, Pejcinovic

compare the 2009 U21+Kroos/Muller
    -GK=Neuer
    -LB=RB=NONE
    -CB=Hummels, Boateng, Howedes
    -M=Kroos, Khedira
    -AM/W=Ozil, Muller

Things to take into account
    -05 core is much more than that. So many 05s who are close to 1st team. That core will only increase in future too. I purposefully just stick with current core. Its not full potential. Some get ignored by dfb but making great progress too. A lot more in every position minus RB. Some think the long absentee from injury Becker is super talented and also a LB, others are returning from long term injuries too. Clubs like Stuttgart, Hertha, Bayern etc all have 05 cores too. GKs is a lot more than just Seimen too as Podlech, Goller etc are all seen as super talented. Confirmed by most that Seimen is one of most talented GKs in Germany too.
    -Compare 05 Alone Solo age group vs 2009 crop that was 86-90 picking best players, LOL
    -05 is clearly ahead in numerous positions too. So far the real edge for 09 U21+2 is CB but there are more 05 CBs than this its more wait and see. And Italy poached a 05 CB that Bremen think is one of more promising around Europe too.
    -The potential for 05s is clearly there and given the 10 year gap between current 95 to 05. Its likely a lot here are gonna be future of NT and then surround them by players from 00-04+06-onwards and could be mighty interestng to see if they can win a trophy or not.

saj7866 repped this.
  18. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    My biggest worry right now is that Germany currently don't have a proper no-nonsense DM, a destroyer who can nullify any incoming attacks before they reach the backline. The closest we saw this year is Sebastian Rode but he's way too old to be taken into consideration.

Let's see if Nkili lives up to the role.

saj7866 and Ger90 repped this.
  19. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    current best hope for this is likes of
    Dorsch, Janelt, Geiger, Khedira for that.

here's a scouting analysis on Janelt from last season, Jan 2022
    https://breakingthelines.com/player-analysis/player-analysis-vitaly-janelt/

as for Aseko, a lot think he's one of most promising DMs in Europe too. Just this season, Bayern U19 dominated Barcelona U19 like 1st 25 min then Barcelona started to dominate had comeback lead, Bayern's M was overrun and it was the subbing of Aseko that stabilized Bayern who dominate once he got subbed on for last 20 min and they got the equalizer. His issue last season and this season is more injury wise. He missed U17 Euro where we lost to PKs to France to injury.

saj7866 and BVBFNM repped this.
  20. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This shows issue after issue for Germany in 2 back to back WC. The team is never a team, mixed in with behind scenes issues+bias=disaster

although not sure I buy it. Havertz was poor vs Japan but got pissed?? He's always shows he's poor CF and better off playing a CF. ter Stegen is pissed when its been obvious from day 1 that Neuer is #1.

but if this is accurate, makes me think Flick won't last. Flick was always a bias coach even at Bayern but doing same with players of other clubs doesn't work that well.

most thought having a Bayern block is a good thing, guess not. We really need Dortmund and others to build blocks too.

The national team was divided into two camps - the 'Bayern block' and 'the rest'. Hansi Flick was accused of bias towards the Bayern players due to his special relationship with them, that caused a split within the team. Flick couldn't win the whole team over

The problems started before the Japan game. The discussion around the One Love armband on the eve of the game was led by Neuer & Goretzka who insisted that a gesture of protest must be done. Other players didn't want to take part in any political statements

During the Japan game, many couldn't understand Flick's decision to sub Goretzka on for Gündogan, which ultimately led to a loss of control and balance. Internally, it was criticized as a 'harmony substitution' to keep Goretzka happy. Gündogan was furious

Players like ter Stegen and Havertz were frustrated to sit on the bench. ter Stegen, especially, is growing frustrated that he's not getting his chance despite his performances at Barcelona - which will only get worse after Neuer's decision to continue and Flick's reliance on him

Niklas Süle, who was also part of Hansi Flick's Bayern, was given chance after chance despite his poor performance in the first game - while Nico Schlotterbeck was dropped & Matthias Ginter wasn't given any chances

This accusation of bias towards Bayern players could become a problem for Flick in the future and create camps/lobbies within the team despite calls to be united and act as a unit

21. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I’m interested in seeing what happens to Havertz going forward. Let’s not forget that he was considered a generational talent just a few years ago, like Musiala and Wirtz are now… :unsure:

saj7866, Ger90 and BVBFNM repped this.
  22. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Löw had a Bayern bias as well, but this didn't seem to affect overall team performance.

The Bayern bias has been there since the 1970s, and the 1954 World Cup winning team stands out as the only one where Bayern wasn't the predominant club (It was Kaiserslautern).

Could it be that Bayern's influence on the NT is finally starting to hinder the NT itself?

saj7866 and Ger90 repped this.
  23. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    his stats in NT show that he is a difference maker for us. Forget club he does well for NT when he doesn't play CF but off a CF.

that is more important than any tag a player has.

12 goals and 11 assists in 33 matches with 24 XIs is pretty good.
    Germany was shit in Euro 2020=2 goals
    Germany was shit in WC22=2 goals in 2 games

so yeah he's done well considering fact. And these are his 1st NT tourneys too.

according to reports Musiala wants to improve his finishing

saj7866 repped this.
  24. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I feel like Low's Bayern bias was helped that players were in peak form. Whereas with Flick he plays Bayern players but not doing as well. Neuer is basically finished but he insists on him. Muller is finished but continues to push for him. Muller is getting a lot worse then under Low era. etc Was better at Euro 2020 than now. Thats issue,

its hindering team in that we aren't playig the best possible XI but Flick's Bayern bias.

its why uproar then isn't as big as now.

25. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    whats interesting about this is
    -if you add slighlty younger Gotze/Schurrle for 09 U21+Muller/Kroos
    -if you add slightly older Wirtz/Musiala to 05s

you end up with interesting mirroring.

its why I feel like could be fun to see what happens. If 05s live up to potential legit could be huge.