Review: German Players Performance Thread 2014/15

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Epitome990, Jul 19, 2014.

1. marcellsas

marcellsas Member

Oct 13, 2014
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    And Alexander Meier, Daniel Caligiuri

2. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I really like Daniel Ginczek in the last 6 weeks, playing like a "Messiah" for Stuttgart.

Daniel Caligiuri is solid but upside is limited. Much prefer Herrmann than him

We have more than enough options at the wing, and if i m Loew i wont even bring in Podolski or Schuerrle

Mueller, Reus, Bellarabi and Herrmann are my 4 options, apparently Goetze can play some LW/RW too. And Volland will be ahead of Schuerrle and Poldi in the pecking order

3. Icke

Icke Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Kölle, Germany
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Miro Klose, please come back:pStill the best german striker with 36

4. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Call him up!!

5. marcellsas

marcellsas Member

Oct 13, 2014
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Is Herrmann is right or left winger?, or versatile?
    Under Loew, maybe only injury can do that

6. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Just get Toby Werner. He is carrying the whole Augsburg team this year, only reason they still in Europa league contention. Maybe Sascha Molders for striker off the bench. He is X-factor!

7. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Nils Petersen >>> :whistling:;)

8. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Gundogan better start practicing his English hoofball drills if he wants to adapt at Man U next season. Damn are they painful to watch.

bayern15 repped this.
  9. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    This years Ginczek reminds me of last seasons Lasogga.

Lasogga had more goals last season; but Ginczek scored more important goals that late in the season

Fairly allround game and quite underrated, who is better between the two?

Looks like Hoffenheim and Gladbach want Ginczek

10. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Can Lasogga make his way to the Nt again? I still rate him because i know what sort of damage he can cause to our opponents, but his scoring rate has gone down sharply this season

11. marcellsas

marcellsas Member

Oct 13, 2014
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Next season will be a tough test for both of them, road to Euro 2016, compete with Mario Gomez, Mark Uth, Kevin Volland, Max Kruse

12. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Uth is not a competitor, he's playing in Ditch League n is very inconsistent

Volland is a winger

Maybe u can add Alex Meier to that list, and of course Selke

13. Huckeye

Huckeye Member+

St Pauli
    May 31, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hes never played before correct? Only invited to camp and pulled out due to injury? He will need to have a really good 15/16 season.

14. marcellsas

marcellsas Member

Oct 13, 2014
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Volland isn't a pure winger, and i think, Volland still has better performance and better chance, friendly vs Spain proved that
    Meier is not young anymore, don't think Loew will like him
    Selke will play on Bundesliga2 next season

15. Icke

Icke Member

Mar 15, 2009
    Kölle, Germany
    Club:
    FC Köln
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Don't know why goals late in the season should be more important, you still get one or three points for it. And Lasogga saved the HSV in the relegation games. Ginczek was injured half of the season, had to get rhythm. Like him a lot more than Lasogga, because he seems to be a tall striker you can play with upfront, although he of course also not has the technical abilities and mobility of Miro Klose, who is still easily the best german striker at 36:)

16. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Lasogga impressed most of us last season tho

But all of our targetman are very injury prone

17. shap_half

shap_half Member+

Oct 17, 2010
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Did he impress you this season?

18. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Mark Uth continues to raise his value. Stepping up for consecutive big games and being a very important presence for Heerenveen in the Eredivisie Europa League playoffs. In the second leg of the semi-finals last weekend, he scored a brace to clinch the series victory over Feyenoord. And today in the opening match of the finals, he provided another goal and assist against Vitesse. In a recent interview, Uth says that he's extra motivated being close to finalizing negotiations with Hoffenheim for next season.

http://www.vi.nl/nieuws/uth-zal-extra-gemotiveerd-zijn-bij-hoffenheim.htm

19. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Eredivisie playoffs concluded today, with Uth bagging another brace. However, Heerenveen weren't able to hold on in the final frame as Vitesse come back and win the Europa league 3rd qualification round spot. Uth does finish as top scorer with 5 goals throughout the combined 4 game series against Feyenoord and Vitesse. Overall, he has has 20 goals and 12 assists in all competitions this season. Following the match, it was announced that Uth will indeed be moving to Hoffenheim after reaching agreement for a new 3-year contract.

20. icebreaker

icebreaker Member+

Mar 22, 2011
    Club:
    FC Nürnberg
    Good. Will be interesting to see Uth in a more challenging set-up.

21. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Ginczek, Uth and Lasogga... Three 91' born strikers finally start to blossom

Feels like strikers are generally getting their chance at 22/23, a bit later than other positions

22. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    I can think of 4 other '91s who were great this season. Eden Hazard won the Player of the Year award while Francis Coquelin made his breakthrough at Arsenal. Also, Lacazette was fantastic for Lyon. Ditto Griezmann. There are probably more.

23/24 is the age players really start to blossom. Regarding the strikers topic, Arsene Wenger recently stated that Theo Walcott should stay at the club and will play as striker because from 26 to 32 is the ''golden age'' for strikers. Yes, strikers mature later than players in other positions. I've told you this before. You seem worried ( understatement) when strikers aren't given a chance at 18/19. You need to have more patience.

I'd like to see Ginczek replace Kruse at Gladbach. Could be a good move.
    Lasogga as a replacement for the ageing Kiessling ? What do you say ? Or maybe replacing the Italian flop Immobile at Dortmund ? I'm not sure they will succeed at those top 6 Bundesliga clubs but I guess we'll never know until they are given the chance. They are certainly at the right age to make it.

23. Huckeye

Huckeye Member+

St Pauli
    May 31, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Lassoga to Bayer would be a good move should HSV go down. I hope they dont, I dont like Hamburg being a feeder club to Leverkusen.

24. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
  25. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Özil is the only player in the world I can watch a full video like that of. Just great.

timh19 repped this.