German Fraulein National Team 2020 & beyond

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by hotjam2, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I've come to the conclusion MVT's only intention is to wait for Gwinn's return. It's the only way I can explain her continued resistance to find a legitimate replacement for one of her key defensive players...:cautious:

Based on club form... hell no lol. But it's been clear for some time now, that MVT doesn't select players using club form.

Anyomi's record last season in 17 games saw 4 goals, 2 assists, and now this season so far it's 1 goal, 1 assist, in 10 league games...
    [​IMG]

Endemann also playing as a wide forward, but for a much weaker Essen, managed 7 goals last season, and so far this season has 5 goals, and 1 assist....
    [​IMG]

2. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Great coaching lol. Let's select players for important friendly practice in a WC year, based on where they grew up, or spent periods of time playing football...:rolleyes:

MVT having the temerity to say this a selection based on having watched Mahmutovic showcasing good overall performances for her club lol...
    [​IMG]

3. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I'm also not sure what happened here....:unsure: Did MVT just select Hagel ahead of Marozsan...?

Hey... Krumbiegal being allowed to be part of the national team remains farcical, but it's a farce that somehow saw one of the least deserving players I've seen be part of a German wnt, have her name be the winner Vs USA...
    [​IMG]
    practically guaranteeing her place in many more MVT squads, regardless of how truly mediocre she appears for her club lol.

4. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The fact your even starting to make jokes about MVT's ridiculous need to deploy talented players in poorly suited roles, tells me this is now a 100% known weakness of Germany's wnt...:(

I mean... as a AM/FW Endemann should have been selected ahead of Anyomi; but even if she was, like you I also feel MVT would have only brought her into the squad to train being a RB for the wnt lol,,,:confused:

LOL.... no, we should already know MVT doesn't really like Rall. With this on display with Rall being placed into a wide forward role Vs the USwnt lol; a position she was always doomed to fail within the team MVT selected for that first match.

And if you think Minge's future dictated by her performances Vs the leagues top 4, you should honestly forget about her having any hope of ever being part of the wnt lol. But hey.... MVT couldn't understand why/how Oberdorf a world class CM, so I probably wouldn't place too value of what MVT thinks about Minge right now lol...:rolleyes:

5. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    With Hegering coming back, it's crazy seeing Nüsken still being segregated with the defenders...:confused:

But with Rauch, Simon, and Lührßen, all having strong seasons on the left, it continues to be frustrating seeing none of the leagues best RB's being given any opportunities ahead of persistently mediocre attackers like Anyomi, and now Krumbiegel.

LOL... Küver has as many goals and assists as Anyomi this season, and Küver actually a defender who knows how to defend...:rolleyes:

6. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  7. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    [​IMG]

8. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    [​IMG]
    National coaches, Flick, MVT, Rangnick and Yakin, all speaking at a pro license course, discussing topics such as analysis....
    [​IMG]
    lol... I would love to hear MVT explain how she uses player analysis to construct her wnt squads.

9. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    And it was actually Marozsan who turned down a post injury re-call to the national team to be part of the squad to face Sweden. Meaning MVT intends to bring her back, but this only happening when Marozsan feels she's ready to re-join the team...:unsure:

Personally speaking... I feel like the wnt has a lot of talent for mid-field places, with Marozsan not really in a position to be rejecting too many opportunities to prove her continued value towards a potential WC squad...:cautious:. So it will be interesting to see what happens in future...

10. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  11. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Lol(once again batfink proven wrong about Minge). Does Oberdorf have some medical condition?(she sure takes off a lot)

meanwhile Minge played all 1980 available minutes last year—-so far all available 1080 minutes(12 times 90) so far this season, showing indeed she’s injury proof, sick proof, heck, even Covid proof! It’s the just the kinda dependability I personally would want from an player

12. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    How was I proven wrong with this news...? And why would I/anyone celebrate MVT replacing the worlds best DM, with an unproven CM who plays more like a forward...:unsure:

If your so obsessed with trying to prove me wrong, honestly.... I'm sure this would require Minge actually start for Germany Vs Sweden, and be better than all of MVT's other options, eventually making the world cup squad,,,?

This news of Minge's inclusion, isn't close to any of that chief; so as usual, I don't know what your even talking about, or trying to accomplish...:rolleyes:

13. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It's called an elite player dealing with fatigue... but it's clear you don't understand this, as you instead prefer to view everything through the lens of American women's soccer, allowing you to continue ignoring the physical stress placed on Euro players who (from a young age) deal with long club seasons now, and thanks to COVID an increasingly packed wnt colander.

14. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    [​IMG]
    Lena Oberdorf has been playing major roles non stop for the senior wnt, and first division Bundesliga teams, since the age of 17! A 2019 Oberdorf playing 18 games for Essen, scoring 11 goals, while making 7 appearances for the senior team (4 of those at the WWC).

Do you know what Minge was doing at 17... starting 13 times for her club, scoring once, while helping the u19's qualify for a u-20 WC...:rolleyes: Hmmm, these seem to be VERY DIFFERENT SCENARIO'S!

So yes.... when you've been asked to play among the elite since the age of 17, maybe taking a break every now and again might be really important during a WC year; where currently aged 21, Oberdorf already viewed as the nations best female player, and already in the discussion for the games top 3 female players on the planet...:whistling:

Seriously... if your goofy use of time played the main way we'd assess the quality of players, you do realize Kuznik would be regarded a better player than Hegering, and tasked with the responsibility of leading Germany's defense during the Euro's...:confused:

15. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #2415 hotjam2, Feb 13, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2023
    Batfink; you’ve been predicting or assessment that Minge, Krumbiegel, Anyomi Dallmann weren’t going to be NT we’re wrong (yesterday was double as Krumbiegel scored ‘the goal of the year’ in the Bundesliga)

Your were wrong in claiming Germany wasn’t going to send its best vs the US

You were wrong when you wrote ‘Italy was a better team than Germany

just pointing out when your wrong! lol

as for Oberdorf , right now way too much pressure handed on her. Not just the coaches, but all the laurels placed upon her as the ‘worlds greatest player or at least DM. She’s going to get burned out trying to live up to that hype
    But don’t get me wrong, she’s very exceptional; I like her most when she, very explosively, boots out an accurate long ball from the back. It’s a strong weapon that Germany needs to exploit way more than they usually do(and of course will have to admit that more ‘direct soccer’ has its virtues). I mean Germany won the 1st game vs the US when they stepped out of their comfort zone; played a straight 4-back defense/attacked with a far more athletic side. Lost especially thr 2nd half of the 2nd game by going back to its more possession minded(unfortunately that meant the FB’s & one CB playing out of their positional/defensive stands, which led to easy counters). So based on these two games, will the real MVT please stand up!

Unfortunately the probability that this time BM & WOB might go all the way into the Champions League semis & final, will mean less rest time or less successful/longer training camp(to go along more possibly chance of fatigue & injury among the players from those two clubs).
    And a few other mixed signals coming out of the Bundesliga ; both Brand & Buhl forced out of position & not being allowed to play ‘wide wingers’ by their club coaches for full year might hurt cone back to hurt then them by the WC. I mean you’re loosing here the potential to have the top winger duo in the world,
    That after nearly a year, Cerci & Wieder have yet to made a comeback from ACL is worrisome too, as MVT might have to pick Gwinn on creds alone, but be nowhere near fit.
    And the lack of investment money going into the league is rather shocking(as you would thought massive interest would have come out of the successful Euros).

16. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    No... no... no... I never said they WON'T be in any of MVT's squads... I've only ever said if we're using actual positive contributions to their clubs/wnt, these names don't deserve to be part of MVT's wnt squads anymore. BIG difference, no..?

Krumbeigel still unable to start for her club. Anyomi still having almost ZERO effect for her club. Dallmann continuing to be irrelevant whenever she's facing strong opposition. With me simply highlighting the doubt surrounding the unique factors of where Minge actually effective for her club Vs how MVT's Germany prefer to play.

For a wnt program with a lot of options in offensive positions, a lot of MVT's squad selections continue to appear highly redundant...:whistling:

17. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    And yet Germany DIDN'T use their best team lol... yikes...:confused: The 1st match MVT with access to a lot of CM talent would instead deploy her best forward (Popp) in a inferior CM role, make all kinds of weird subs to remove balance from her team, and still manage to select even worse combinations of defence and mid-field for the 2nd match lol.

I mean, you saw Germany at the Euro's, so stop pretending you saw the same Germany Vs the USwnt, or witnessed the Germany who'll likely take the field come the WC.

18. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Again... for the last time, this is not what I said. I was specifically talking about various weaker wnt programs similar to Italy (they were the main example I used) that had achieved far greater amounts of recent success developing their senior wnt, while having access to inferior professional infrastructures (compared to Germany) for their female players to use.

The time frame I would make this comparison, also the point more poor DFB's leadership had finally begun to negatively effect the ability of their female players to perform at a high standard. And to pretend Germany's wnt wasn't blatantly underachieving in relation to the depth of talent available to their coaches, is absolutely disingenuous considering the publics/media's reaction of general apathy for the increasingly underwhelming performances of their wnt.

19. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Being wrong is me saying Gwinn shouldn't be converted into a RB. Saying Rauch not good enough to be a strong international LB. Questioning the potential of Waßmuth to be relevant at the highest levels of the game. Or more recently thinking Germany likely to struggle with their Euro's group stage...:oops:

But trust me when I say this... I ALWAYS WANT TO SEE GERMANY WIN! So I'm perfectly happy to be wrong if it means these players, or the coaches, able to perform beyond the limitations I might have incorrectly placed on them

20. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yes... but why then are you constantly throwing doubts on her decisions to skip/avoid matches...?

The way she's continuing to evolve her overall game, you might not like how she plays as a DM Pivot for Germany at the WC lol; currently showing more control, and a greater amount of patience, Oberdorf's aggressive all action Euro's performance was mainly based on pure instinct, meaning she'll likely be even more composed/effective at the WC, and in the process appear a different (better) player...:cautious:

21. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    You know this never happened...
    [​IMG]

LOL, again...
    [​IMG]

22. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Excuse me... it's a problem if Germany has successful UWCL clubs now...:unsure:

Like other Bayern players, Magull, Lohmann, Bühl etc... are still going to be strong players. They just happen to be part of a club now, that's hired a highly suspect coach that want's to make them play like Barcelona...:cautious:

But I also feel like your missing a lot of the positive development Brand is gaining at Wolfsburg, and will probably only understand what I mean when she plays for Germany, where teams 100% less likely to shut down the central spaces she prefers to move into.

23. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    What do Cerci, or Wieder's recoveries from ACL's have to do with this..? Neither Cerci, or Wieder, actually part of the wnt anyway... Gwinn the main concern right now, mainly due to MVT not actively testing other more credible candidates for the teams RB depth.

Think... Brand, Bühl, Brand, Huth, Waßmuth, Däbritz, all known strong candidates for the wide forward roles, highlighting how much Wieder would have needed to be in insane form to get a WC place ahead of those names. With there being greater doubt on Cerci making the WC squad ahead of Popp - Schüller - Freigang; especially while playing for Köln this season lol.

I have no idea what the DFB's poor leadership (over decades) of running the league has to do with the present wnt...:confused: Honestly, you should worry about your own wnt, when teenagers who've proven absolutely nothing are being handed $1 million contracts....:whistling:

24. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Batfink; we’re never going to see eye to eye; sometimes it feels that you want Germany to win, but must adhere to a certain style/tactic. I see more that if Germany wants to win, it’s got to get out of its comfort zone a bit, That’s what I felt they did in both their Spain & US wins(definitely bunkered a bit vs Spain/run n gun a little with the US via faster yet less technical players ala Krumbiegel.
    You felt that despite loosing to England they actually won the Euro finals by playing technically superior soccer, so they should stick to that. I’m saying; nope, they lost the Euros & need to change if they want to win the WC(and yet they did so in their Spain & US wins)
    ———
    As it is; Germany could very well be ranked #1 after the FIFA break as they should win vs Sweden, who’s league is hibernating this time of the year(all though most their better NT’s are playing abroad these days). Meantime US playing tough competition this time in the SBC it their opponents(Brazil, Canada Japan) bring their best players, and only 5 points ahead of Germany in FIFA rankings
    ——-
    right now not sure who I would predict who’s going to win n the WC. I would have gone with England, but all of a sudden they’re reports that Fran Kirby is out with a continuous knee problem(unlike Mead, don’t think she’s replaceable). Probably mor of an peek who’s doing better after this break

25. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Which is followed by you then repeating this kind of nonsense again... "I see more that if Germany wants to win, it’s got to get out of its comfort zone a bit"...:confused: Seriously, a "comfort zone"...:laugh:, you just want to see Germany being another useless imitation of the USwnt lol.

Not only would Germany recently showcase one of the most difficult/impressive styles of football during the Euro's, they'd also do this with the youngest team in the tournament lol. So where's this comfort zone they supposedly live inside..?