German Fraulein National Team 2020 & beyond

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by hotjam2, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #201 Lohmann, Apr 30, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
  2. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

I randomly saw this, and remembered all the whining I did on this very subject inside this forum lol.

Seriously... I feel like you change Joachim Löw to Silvia Neid, ignore the part highlighting the men's issues with declining numbers of elite domestic talents being produced within the nations premier league division; this video captures most of my sentiment on the decline of the German wnt program.

Klingo3034 repped this.
  3. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #203 Batfink, May 1, 2021
    Last edited: May 1, 2021
    It's interesting to see the rather positive reactions to some of the recent performances of Martina Voss-Tecklenburg's amateurish run side though. But from when I left BS, to randomly deciding to check what's been happening right now, I still don't see the successful tournament end goal of any of this.

So... unfortunately still retaining valid assertions the DFB needlessly allowing the wnt to continue being a incomprehensible mess of wasted potential, it's far better finally seeing individual attacking talents like Jule Brand make her senior debut, looking like the next Garefrekas; even having a strong if not amazing league level CM like Nüsken, do more in her two matches, than anything witnessed from Marozsan's last 5....:cautious:

Should a few key factors fall into place (like recognizing Magull the true leader of the senior wnt), come the Euro's this wnt program definitely retains the talent to actually accomplish something besides resounding failure.

Klingo3034 repped this.
  4. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I saw that one too! Will comment on your post when I have time. Welcome back :thumbsup:

5. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    It's really you @Batfink? Are you back? :)

I want to see the old avatar or I won't believe it. :D

You're back here to stay, I hope.

Lohmann repped this.
  6. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Germany's pool of midfielders is incredible though. Question is, would they ditch the likes of Marozsan and Däbritz for Oberdorf, Magull, Lohmann, Leupolz, etc...? Däbritz and Marozsan have a higher standing, but I truly believe the likes of Oberdorf, Magull, Leupolz should be the preferred midfielders as of now

I really like Däbritz, she's a great player, but she does feel kinda overrated when it comes to the NT and PSG - I keep an eye on her every game, and she's not that great - meaning, her performances doesn't justify MVT to drop Magull or Leupolz for her... :thumbsdown:

Germany have really great midfielders and goalkeepers. That's how things are right now... :unsure:

7. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Germany games:
    18.09.21 GER-BUL
    21.09.21 GER-SRB
    21.10.21 ISR-GER
    26.10.21 GER-ISR
    26.11.21 GER-TUR
    30.11.21 POR-GER
    09.04.22 GER-POR
    12.04.22 SER-GER
    03.09.22 TUR-GER
    06.09.22 BUL-GER

8. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #208 Lohmann, May 10, 2021
    Last edited: May 10, 2021
  9. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
  10. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yes.

11. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    If you have smart TV maybe you can watch it.

12. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I can also watch it on a stream but it`s bad for women`s football in Germany when such games are only shown as stream and not on TV. Men`s EURO starts one day later so that also the other friendly that is planned for 15th June (opponent not known yet) will likely not be shown on TV.

blissett repped this.
  13. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Playing France next is scary; Germany’s putting their #2 ranking on the line vs #3, so a loss will put them most likely on an downward spiral.

Now the good news on MVT; more than any other main NT coach, she given chance the an hellua amount of players(aprox 40 players since the WC) in trying to find new talent/or an perfect fit & in the age of covid where all the major youth tournaments been cancelled, I feel that’s a good thing

the downside; trying to find the chemistry in its 11 starters when you’ve been using so many. This was so evident vs Netherlands; watching a replay of that game, the defense was more challenged than perhaps all previous games combined for an entire year

there’s no doubt that right now Germany has the beginnings of an new golden age of players as no other European countries has this many up & coming youth stars. But, shockingly not a single CB among them. And this why MVT has had to turn so many of her midfield recruits into CB’s(Oberdorf, Lattwein, Feldcamp). And then, we got to put up with MVT habit of experimenting, even against top opposition like the Dutch. where she turned two club CB’s(Doursoon & Kleineheme) into FB’s & two club DM’s into CB’s). And who can’t forget, after the brilliant debut of Julie Brand at left wing, turning her into an FB the very next game.

having an absorbent amount of quality central mids could be an actual deterrent as who to use(especially against top opponents), vs the Dutch, MVT decided to go with its vets; Popp at AM, Marozsan & Dabritz at DM. Well we all seen what a disaster that proved to be with this underwhelming trio; even Groenen scored, even though she hasn’t in over two years for her Man U club. lol

Versus France, she can go 3 deep at central mid; A) the Dutch disaster trio or B) Lohmann at AM, Oberdorf & Leupolz at DM or even C) Dallmann at AM, Nuskin & Lattwein at DM

while MTV mind is made up at lone striker(either start Freigang or Shuller, as she’s dropped Popp to mid) & at right wing(Huth or Wassmuth)
    She now has giving playing time to 4 at left wing; Buhl, Brand, Krumbiegel, Anyomi.

So basically this underscores why we might see an French loss; right now MVT hasn’t figured out who to use yet vs for example the Dutch NT, who keep using almost the same starting 11 in most their games

best is to keep on experimenting vs the ridiculous easy squads in WC qualifiers group & only play top NT’s after hopefully MVT knows what she wants

Klingo3034 repped this.
  14. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  15. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    blissett repped this.
  16. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It`s Chile and it`s shown on TV

Lechus7 and blissett repped this.
  17. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yes....agreed. With the talent available to the wnt coaches, there's absolutely zero excuses witnessing senior teams comprised of unbalanced mid-field combinations.

The inability to create a balanced mid-feild (DM-CM-CAM) trio, shouldn't be a factor for a program able to select between Oberdorf, Leupolz, Lattwein, Magull, Marozsan, Dallmann, Lohmann, Popp, Nüsken, Feldkamp.

In my opinion Däbritz is a wide forward... always has been. Lacking the expansive passing you'd expect/demand in a true CM player, her best assets (dribbling and shooting) all show their highest effectiveness from wide areas of the field.

But being a talented player, she's often used in CM by coaches also aware of her other talents; this being a tenacious defensive work ethic, allowing her to surprisingly win possession of the ball in many 1v1 duels.

However... when your looking for a CM to control match tempo, destroy opposing attacks, or move the ball to forwards with precision and speed, Germany has various options all better than her in those very roles.

Klingo3034 repped this.
  18. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    This isn't good though lol... it's actually a sign of poor planning, leading to continuous wasted youth development.

Win or lose, Germany at youth level always produce strong defensive records, featuring strong mid-field performers, and contrary to belief even impressive forwards/wide forwards.

Yet here we are... still discussing why the Germany senior wnt can't find good defenders, can't produce a clear mid-field strategy, or lack goal threats in wide and central attacking roles.

Yes.... the fact Netherlands with a FAR smaller talent pool, and FAR less resources, can find a highly effective style of play, set around a small but consistent core of 15 players, should highlight just how incompetent the German system has been run for a decade.

You can go through a host of top 10-15 WNT's who I would argue run far more efficiently than the bloated waste of resource provided to the German wnt program.

I mean... I've seen wnt's comprised of either slow, undersized, or technically average defenders, combine together as a strong defense. And some of these all from a SINGLE core of a successful junior team cycle.

But Germany can't find FOUR strong defenders... having access to previous junior UEFA/FIFA tournament winning fringe options like Hechler, Fellhauer, Kleinherne, Wedemeyer, Elsig, Wolter, Wirtz, Linder, Stegemann, Pawollek...?

Even new tall athletic FB option's like Küver, Rall, have arrived, and your not sure of their worth to MVT's confused process. It's honestly ridiculous....

19. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #219 Batfink, May 14, 2021
    Last edited: May 14, 2021
    I feel like Schüller got better service from her team at Essen, than she's ever received within the WNT, or Bayern...:unsure:. But between her and Freigang, I also believe she's still the more all round talented player if potentially provided the type of service that will win tournaments now.

But when it comes to wide forwards, I find it baffling to see Krumbiegel's name anywhere near the senior wnt. This knowing she's never been the star or first choice at junior international levels, and is currently 3rd choice behind Brand and Waßmuth at club level too.

Everything I've seen also says Anyomi's a far superior wide forward option compared to Krumbiegel, making it hard to understand what MVT's hoping to achieve here; especially seeing Wamser looking better than Krumbiegel at a weaker Essen, 100% expecting another young wide talent like Gwinn likely to return at some point prior to the Euro's.

20. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    lol.. yes... it's the same Batfink. Back to whine some more about the disappointment that is the DFB...;)

blissett repped this.
  21. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
  22. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
  23. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #223 hotjam2, May 16, 2021
    Last edited: May 16, 2021
    Freigang has the more impressive stats though; 7 goals in 347 minutes of playing time/for an 50 minutes ave per goal as compared to Schuller with post WC of only 4 goals in 513 minutes for 127 per goal. Popp got 4 post WC goals as well in 668 mins, but been taken off the central striker position since late last year. Plus the speedier Freigang tends to apply a lot more pressure on opposing defenders(this too could be why Krumbiegel is in there too)
    Looking at past MVT matches she prefers to use natural wingers for outside mids, that’s why we’ll probably wouldn’t see Dabritz, Magull, Dallmann, Leupolz playing at the wings again, instead right now her currents faves been Buhl(left side) & Huth but after the poor showing vs Holland & Belgium, she might be looking a bit more swifter players

With the Euros been more balanced & stronger than ever (as they produced 7 of the 8 last WC quarter finalists), she also sees a sense of urgency that Germany
    needs to produce a superstar in the caliber of Miedema or Harder. That’s why she’s promoting the likes of Jule Brand & Krumbiegel who both still are more of a work-in-progress, but the potential is still there, as well as more prospects with plenty of very easy WC qualifiers group games to experiment with

24. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It needs to be said; Melanie Leupolz had an stunningly horrible game at yesterday’s CL final; basically responsible for 2 of Barca’s 4 goals.
    Lieke Martens on the other hand was on fire, burning the Chelsea defense time & time again. This did remind of Lieke’s like wise performance a few months back vs Belgium & GER.
    The odd thing with her is she was very unexceptional vs the United States, actually scarred to take on American defenders 1v1. So again, can’t emphasize enough the importance of having defenders that can actually defend. This is why I’m still dumbfounded on MVT in turning Oberdorf into an CB, as well as her best buddy Hegering into one(another one looks more impressive in offense)and
    then the odd decision to turn Jule Brand into an right FB after such an phenom debut at left wing(this is where the 18 year old plays club soccer).
    MVT doesn’t seem to have no battle plan at defense as compared to Neid for example who got her CB’s to trap Swedes into committing several off sides in last Olympics final
    ————————-
    Usual starting GK Frohms seem to be on the injury list/dunno how serious it is

Klingo3034 repped this.
  25. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Frohms has a torn ligament in her left arm.