German Fraulein National Team 2020 & beyond

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by hotjam2, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #1801 Batfink, Aug 13, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2022
    I decided to take a look at the U-20's starting 11.... Corely remains on the bench again, but Mattner starts...
    [​IMG]

A UWCL scorer, who played 14 games in the league for a 5th place Hoffenheim last season. Why the hell is Corely even in Costa Rica, if the coach thinks a 2nd division MSV Duisburg playing Vobian is somehow a better CAM lol...:confused:

2. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    0-0 HT... I'm not watching, but just looking at the stats, I can tell this probably won't end well lol.

Win, lose, draw, this has to be the absolute worst German u-20 side...:cautious:

3. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Decided to give the 2nd half a short viewing... and Sternad comes in for Wamser... but still no Corely lol.

Keles might be the most mediocre forward I've seen represent Germany at this age group...:speechless:. Some of the u17/19 girls looked stronger and technically better lol.

4. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Again, the quality of football on display from both teams is SO LOW...:confused:

56 mins, Corely and Machtens about to be introduced for Vobain and Gräwe... and Germany score from a Fröhlich header from a corner.

1-0 Germany... but this team looks so bad lol.

5. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Sternad wins a PK and Weidauer makes it 2-0.

6. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    Was this team the same team that played in U19 Euros recently?

7. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    LOL.... one long ball, Elmazi goes through 1on1, plays a poor pass across goal for Corley, who just about reaches it before the GK to make it 3-0

8. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Mattner-Trembleau and Fröhlich played for the u19's, while this is the first tournament this year for everyone else.

Klingo3034 repped this.
  9. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    Wow first tournament? No U17 experience?

10. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I wasn't paying close attention to this match, but trying to see it through the bad takes of hotjam2...;), much like the confusion MVT's team not fit enough, I think I understand why someone could look at this and mistake Germany's bad play for poor athleticism.

This teams passing, touch, and movement, really really poor. It creating physical duels that wouldn't need to exist if they could simply move the ball more efficiently.

It's very similar to watching a MVT side prior the Euro's...:coffee:

11. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Most of these girls are part of the 2019 u17 Euro winning side. Like all UEFA's reps in this WC, these players didn't actually qualify for this event; instead Germany's 2019 u19 Euro top three finish would allow the 2019 u17 generation to be here...:confused:

12. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    Lol!

13. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    Did the COVID impact that prevent the U19 of Euro19 that prevented them from playing U20 WC earlier? Pretty much threw everything off.

14. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Disorganized is the word best used to describe this u20 side. New Zealand were allowed to have more of the ball than Colombia, but were technically too incompetent to make a careless in possession Germany pay for all of their errors.

In Germany's first two matches, Peter has started the most mediocre attack possible, for a side that seems to have no chemistry. Simple passes end up being nowhere near their intended target, while players will take 5 or 6 touches to accomplish what they could in 2 or 3.

You have someone like Weidauer playing 20 games for Potsdam in the league last season, scoring 6 goals, but looks absolutely lost/bemused with her CM role...:confused:. That's how bad this team is lol

15. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Pandemic stopped UEFA qualification for this WC, so UEFA sent the top 3 from 2019's u19 Euro, where non of these players would compete, having instead been part of in the 2019 u17 competition.

Klingo3034 repped this.
  16. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    @Klingo3034 what's strange though, is Germany's coach would lead the u19's not long before this WC, featuring players in that side, clearly better than some of the options she'd include in her u20 squad...:confused:

I didn't expect Germany to win this tournament, but it feels like the decision was made to construct a stronger group of u19's, in view of future UEFA euro WC qualification...:cautious:

Klingo3034 repped this.
  17. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    Maybe should have sent the recent winners of U17 Euros that Germany won.

18. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I don't know what the quality of this tournament beyond Germany's group looks like, but I've been super underwhelmed with the two matches I've seen involving Germany...:unsure:, and honestly wouldn't want the u17's anywhere near this event lol.

Klingo3034 repped this.
  19. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    here's highlights vs New Zealand.
    and my impressions on only highlights
    got it
    get it
    good
    got to say, I'm very impressed as Peter got the team to loosen up with an variety of attacks; long shot's, medium shots, short shots, 1v1 attacks, dribble drives, give n go's, deliberate as well as 'direct', cross kicks to the center, but not continues like MVT's & Stroot. playbook.
    New Zealand not the best of opponents to comapre to , but with Colombia/Mexico's tie, Germany can still salvage group 1st place. Impressed especially with Vobian, she had the heart to at least attempt to score several times.. Speck nearly let in an goal by mishandling the ball, but overall, coach Babett Peter, here's looking at you kid!

20. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    :confused:

21. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    [​IMG]

22. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    [​IMG]

23. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    [​IMG]

24. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    [​IMG]

25. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Regardless of how poor I believe this years team to be..:cautious: Germany's win over New Zealand saw then become the first nation to reach 50 games played at the FIFA U20 WWC...:thumbsup:

This highlighting the impressive level of consistency in the DFB's national talent production, and probably also highlight the senior wnt's level of waste too; it's crazy to think it would be Germany possessing this accomplishment, considering how difficult it is qualifying from within a confederation as competitive as UEFA.