German Fraulein National Team 2020 & beyond

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by hotjam2, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ireland has to beat Germany or hope that Ukraine doesn`t win against pointless Montenegro. Despite the need to win I expect a very defensive Irish team. In their 0:3 lost game against Germany they had shown nothing which would made me concerned about this match.

Freigang had a good performance against Greece but I hope we will see her next year against stronger opposition so that we can judge her when she plays against world class defenders.

hotjam2 repped this.
  2. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    cept for that horror ladden CB combo, really cool lineup, now lets hope Ireland don't park the bus & play some real soccer(ps anybody now an direct streamed link?)
    128721510_3624274220966746_5727165431928618582_o.jpg

Lohmann repped this.
  3. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    In Germany the game is shown by Sport 1 but they say that their livestream can only be watched in Germany, Austria or Switzerland.

4. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So my trusty soccerway got Sydney Lohmann as an FB. Personally think she’ll play further up & form 3 CB’s in the back, either Hendrich & Leupolz be in the middle to keep an eye on Hegering & Oberdorf

5. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Huth’s drive gets the PK/Magull scores with it GER 1-0

6. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    YEAH Wassmuth scores her 1st goal for NT! 2-0

7. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hegering can’t defend—what else is new! Gives up an PK. Germany 2-1 at halftime

looks like my hola(which gets me past the geo block) wised up & demanding money to continue. So hence, I’ll have to catch the 2nd half on replay

8. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    Is Ireland finished?

9. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yes. Ireland lost 1:3 and Ukraine is in the play-off after a 2:1 against Montenegro.

Klingo3034 repped this.
  10. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    full game replay,I'll need to watch 2nd half still to give full review

Lohmann repped this.
  11. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Didn't bother to watch the 2nd half all the way through. Decent game but still somewhat of a mess...

I know you don't like Hegering, but I find her phenomenal in many ways lol. Best CB Germany's had. And the penalty Ireland got wasn't even a penalty lol

12. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The last 3 NT coaches prior to MVT never picked Hegering, she was all ready 28 years old when she got her 1st cap in MVT’s debut. The intro info her was that she was a close friend of MVT

go replay the events prior to the PK, she made two mistakes; the Irish #14 gets it long balled to her, Hegering tried to tackle but falls. Thankfully the balls going to the far side which gives Hegering enough time to get up & race over to the runner that the #14 is cross kicking too, but inevitably fouls.
    Later in the 85th minute, an Irish lass in close quarters gets around Hegering with an cross kick that finds its mark(but the shot is mlssed). Either way, close quarters or open space, Hegering proved she can’t defend.
    Shame that Germany’s got to give up an goal vs a team that’s not ranked in the top 30. So as you mentioned, maybe she is NT’s current #1 CB, but I can’t see Germany winning another major tournament unless they resolve their defensive issues.

13. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    hotjam2 repped this.
  14. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    19 year old German NT youth player Ivana Fuso has decided to switch over & play for the Brazil senior NT. I remember her as a pretty good mid in the 2018 u17 WC, but haven’t seen her play since as she’s just an benchwarmer on Man U’s current squad.
    So probably would of been tough to make the German NT, but at her age their would of been boundless room to grow....

15. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    Think that was a good idea? It’s the German team and better chance of winning than Brazilian.

16. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    DFB has extended the contract with MVT until 2023.

17. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I haven't seen enough of her to determine if she's an solid prospect for the German NT(right now they go very very deep). She's been selected on Brazil's SBC squad, only if she gets playing time will she be offically capped & ineligible for the German senior squad(my understanding of the rules).
    Brazil's(where she was born) is an good choice; their a shoo in to make the Olympics everytime around(whereas GE's failed to qualify 2 of the 3 last times). They'll probably play in more games/tourneys(as now there's talk about even scraping the WC qualifiers for Europe due to Covid). Brazil doesn't go deep(they still start their 43 year old, Formiga)
    why didn't they wait till after the upcoming Dutch & Belgium's games? This way it of given her an more incentive to win them/win them bigly

Klingo3034 repped this.
  18. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Klingo3034 and hotjam2 repped this.
  19. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
  20. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #120 hotjam2, Feb 9, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
    it’s hard enough to just get 3 teams together due to the complications of covid, just take a look at the German team;

due to travel restrictions from coming from England; Leupolz, Berger & Leo Maier can’t make the squad. It’s ok for Marozsan & Dabritz to make it from northern French clubs, but Germany’s got an travel ban from southern France as Petermann(Montpellier) didn’t make the squad.

Holland doesn’t have the same restrictions as Germany does as apparently their English based super players; Miedema, Roord & van de Donk are going the make it vs the Germans, though played in Venlo, Netherlands

PS and now I’ve just read that Norway will probably cancel their Tournament of France appearance(take it due to their own restrictive travel rules)

21. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Maximiliane Rall replaces Paulina Krumbiegel.

22. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Oberdorf in the defense... just why? Germany's selection, men and women, are just a one way mess these days :unsure:

23. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    time to check out the game of Germany's opponent's in the 3 nations tournement

Klingo3034 and Lohmann repped this.
  24. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Lina Magull with a muscular injury not available for the games against Belgium and Netherlands.

25. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #125 hotjam2, Feb 20, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
    so with both Magull & Leupolz out, who’s going to fill the open mid spot? Lohmann, Oberdorf, Dallmann or bring back Popp so we can have an more natural fwd at the #9?(maybe Schuller or Freigang)

Dutch/Belgium was a run n gun game, resulting with Belgium’s defense getting shot full of holes, loosing 6-1.

Now will MVT try to run up the score as well?(so to go into the Dutch game with an goal difference lead). I really doubt it; she’ll prefer experimenting with new players. Plus her tactics of sort of determined, build up instead of quick/direct soccer, will probably not get the goal tally desired(since her style uses up a lot of the clock). But then, you never know since Belgium’s defense liked pretty shitty. Got the feeling too that Belgium will just park the bus after their disaster with the Dutch