German Fraulein National Team 2020 & beyond

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by hotjam2, Feb 26, 2020.

1. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #1051 hotjam2, May 31, 2022
    Last edited: May 31, 2022
    both Asseyi & Gauvin were starters when France beat Germany last year(so thinking that should be bern an big deal for them). Their coach only picked 5 each from Lyon & PSG(as compared to current MVT picks of 8 each from Bayern & WOB, 4 from HOF) so more spread out selection from their side

2. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Final selection will be after the camp from 12th to 18th June.

3. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    [​IMG]

4. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Indirectly, this might be the single best analogy to describe MVT's time with the wnt. As you can always see she's there, but watching the team play your never really sure if anybody understands what she's saying lol...:unsure:

5. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Every national team (men & women) with depth will do this, which is why it's called a "provisional" squad, as it's specifically meant to be a short trail period that will be changed later.

This really isn't hard lol.... I selected MVT's 23 weeks ago, and besides injury to Marozsan, nothing changed now. So without more injury, expect to see Tufekovic, Kleinherne, Anyomi, Hagel, and Dallmann, all departing the 28 player provisional squad.

6. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #1056 Batfink, May 31, 2022
    Last edited: May 31, 2022
    I asked if you've seen France play, not if you've seen Germany lose lol. So it seems I was correct, and your not acquainted with the French player pool, as comparing France to MVT's Germany makes ZERO sense, when you understand how poor Germany have been facing rivals within FIFA's top ten.

These two wnt's clearly aren't in the same stages of development, and even if French fans have issues, they will probably still have VERY different expectations in their wnt's quality of coaching/leadership.

7. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yes.. I would personally prefer to see Kleinherne ahead of both Feldkamp and Doorsoun too. But looking back at MVT's patterns, I struggle to believe she'll select a genuine CB over two players she continues to favor despite their even bigger flaws as defenders.

And when I see MVT continue to talk about these Euro's being athletically challenging, I know this probably means MVT knows her limitations, and will revert to another 4-5-1 1v1 bunker and counter approach, where she feels more comfortable competing tactically with rivals.

Seeing someone like Dallmann an absolute luxury player for an approach that's going to be all about physicality, hard running, and 1v1 play. In that scenario, the all action styles of Lohmann, and Nüsken, beat Dallmann every single time.

8. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Wow...:ROFLMAO: MTV's expectations for her team are "We'll be hard to beat". MVT's goals for this tournament "is to get very far"....:confused:
    [​IMG]

Germany's expectations went from playing exciting winning football, to simply aiming to be hard to beat. And their goals went from winning tournaments, to taking one game at a time lol.

If I didn't know better, I'd genuinely read this interview with MVT, and still believe she was head coach for Switzerland's wnt, not Germany...:speechless:.

9. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    In the end, this will always be a game of results; and so far, MVT has been allowed to get away with a lot of really poor results. So after 5 years, if MVT's only plan with Germany during her 2nd tournament is to be hard to beat, the DFB will surely have to intervene for the future prosperity of the wnt program...:unsure:

I'm sure fans and media would have fully understood if this team was meant to be a stepping tone/rebuilding project towards better times, rather then the end product. But it feels like there's absolutely ZERO plan beyond the next match...:confused:

More pointless rhetoric about the world being better, with absolutely no sign of reflection as to why Germany the only wnt unable to evolve/keep up with the rest of the pack. I'm genuinely lost on why the DFB would be so comfortable just sitting back watching all this happen, with something so simple to fix..?

10. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    looking at group foe's Denmark/team roster; they showed a lot of promise about an year & half ago when they got the better of Italy in theor two game set for Euro qualifiers, but after that they've fallen off a bit with 3-0 losses to both Spain & Sweden since. Looking at their roster
    Denmark News & Results | Goal.com
    seem like Nadim's missing, but anybody else? most of their top players converged to England's WSL lately & have had apparently an hard time there, or at least keeping up their goal scoring tally's.;
    the up & coming Bruun had a strong first half of the season with Lyon, but had yet to score when she switched over to Man U earlier this year
    Denmark - S. Bruun - Profile with news, career statistics and history - Women Soccerway
    the veteran Troeisgaard looking good last year Rosengard, but hasn't hit the net either at Redding
    Denmark - S. Troelsgaard - Profile with news, career statistics and history - Women Soccerway
    most surprising of all is how Harder has fallen from 27 goals at Wolfsburg to just 6 goals this season at Chelsea
    Denmark - P. Harder - Profile with news, career statistics and history - Women Soccerway

they might have an good defense with an backline of Lundort(Juve) vets Boye & Veje or Sorenesen at CB and Svava at right FB, but we got to remember that Svava was an flop at WOB, So it feels like gives an window of opportunity to win this provided MVT gets her offence going
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if Germany does only manage the predicted 2nd place finish, then we can only hope that either Austria or Norway pull the upset over England in their group, so then the 2nd place English would be stuck having to go against Spain in the quarters(you never know but miracles can happen!). Here;s so far would be Austria's roster
    Austria News & Results | Goal.com
    what would be their starting roster vs England,? I'll go with this
    .......................................Billa
    Nascheweng...................Dunst............Feiresinger
    ..........................Zarazil..........Putingam
    Hanshaw,,,,Schnadebeck.....Wenninger,,,,. Wieroither
    ...................................GK/Zinsberger

I personally don't care for the slow poke, but don't know any of their other srikers. Naschewing looks like she could be an awesome attacker, but don't care for her defense(FB at HOF). Hopefully Dunst can handle CAM*she seems very versitile) and at least an veteran back line

11. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    MVT using a 3 player MF of Oberdorf - Magull - Popp, couldn't dominate Serbia's two player CM duo of an Avaldsnes based Pavlovic, and a Valerenga based Stefanovic...:speechless:; but you say Germany are going to be much better Vs Denmark's 3-4-3, all because a few Danish girls aren't scoring in the WSL..
    .[​IMG]

12. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I shouldn't need to remind about this subject, but international football has very little cross over with the club game. So even if I also never thought Svava a strong FB option, playing as a wing back within Denmark's 3-4-3 might actually see her look significantly better...:unsure:

Plus knowing how truly tactically inept MVT remains, I'm not dismissing any opponent Germany face anymore lol.

13. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    [​IMG]
    Again... why are you speculating on potential opponents for Germany in the knock out rounds...? Did you not see what MVT said about her goals for this tournament...?

Seriously, stop looking 3 games ahead for Germany right now, and only make predictions for the NEXT match this team will be playing. I know it's super negative, but literally the ONLY target these coaches have right now.

14. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of most European wnt's looking like mediocre versions of the USwnt right now... so if I'm speaking honestly here, with Germany looking so terrible... I can't really feign anymore interest in caring about any other participants outside of Germany's group stage lol.

I have absolutely ZERO interest in following other wnt's at these Euro's, probably knowing whoever succeeds/wins, are no longer a true concern/obstacle for any USwnt's attempts reaching another WC final.

It might of happened sooner than I thought, but right now I feel female club football for women might have finally become the far more interesting side of the game to follow...:cautious:

15. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    GER will be be playing Denmark first, so scouting your opponent should be an very, very important aspect.

club soccer has been to be proven very predictable with only a few clubs stepping up & putting money into their woso programs. And even though attendance has significantly improved, most CL games didn’t sell out(including the final)
    As comparison
    not only the Dutch were able to sell out all their games last Euros but England’s already claimed an sell out on all 3 group games at Wembley as well as the semis & finals of the upcoming Euros

It’s hard to predict what’s going to happen at Euros; last time out nobody would of predicted Holland Denmark & Austria be in the semis. So way more anticipation & unpredictability for the Euros, instead of the same old Lyon winning the CL title 5 out of last 6 times.

the Euros might be even more exciting than the World Cup, which if you haven’t noticed, hasn’t been won by an Euro NT since 2007!

16. Austriawien73

Austriawien73 New Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    May 3, 2022
    My 5 Players who don't make the 23 squad.
    Tufekovic
    Feldkamp
    Hagel
    Anyomi
    Dallmann

Tufekovic is clear that the others are better ams more experienced.
    Feldkamp is for me only CB Nr.5 when Hegering is fit and in the DM you have more choices who are stronger.
    Hagel and Dallmann in the attacking midfield are oy strong here.
    Freigang plays that strongly in Frankfurt and can also play the 9 in an emergency. Physically stronger too. Just Lohmann and Lattwein can play the 6.8 or even on the 10.
    I personally don't find Anyomi that strong, especially al a Winger.
    But all that is my opinion, of course.

Batfink repped this.
  17. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I agree with your thoughts... but I still don't believe MVT can see the critical flaws in her approach towards defense, or the construction of her mid-field.

I like Feldkamp as a CM, but regardless of how inferior she appears as a CB for Hoffenheim, she continues to receive selections for the national team ahead of a host of defenders who've all been significantly stronger individually this season...:confused:

So I still don't understand the methods used in the wnt's player analysis, as it continues to ignore various defensive options around the league. Meaning as long as it continues to identify Oberdorf, Lattwein, Feldkamp as credible CB choices, I can't see how Kleinherne selected in MVT's Euro's final 23...:unsure:

18. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I think Hagel's season produced a significantly more impressive campaign than Dallmann...:coffee:, but like you... I don't see either player serving any role within MVT's team when she's merely content on see it be become difficult to beat.

Freigang, Lohmann, Lattwein, Nüsken, Oberdorf, Däbritz, all possessing a more physically robust set of options for a coach who clearly wants players capable of being effective in multiple roles within her team.

Even having the absence of Marozsan now, it just provides Popp a guaranteed roster place in MF, in the process adding more difficulty in identifying how Dallmann remain part of the final 23...:cautious:

19. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    From trying to change/remove important figures within the leadership of the wnt program, to now suddenly being a open and vocal advocate of MVT's abilities to lead Germany's women to Euro's success... Oliver Bierhoff's most recent comments couldn't read anymore 'company man'...:giggle::thumbsdown:

Everyone currently doing media while navigating around ever acknowledging numerous horrible performances, or the ugly results Vs the worlds top 10, when a few years ago they were same people preparing an insurrection of the wnt leadership, post the complete brain fart decision to hand a complete novice Steffi Jones the head coaching role.

If these people as leaders aren't willing to be honest about their wnt now... it's only going to create even more apathy for the wnt's next 4 year cycle towards abject mediocrity. I mean.. hearing them constantly say the world's improved, without ever looking at why their wnt the only top 10 side to feel the effects of this so negatively...:confused:

20. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It's clear various minds within the DFB have removed themselves from having any say on what the wnt leadership do. Meaning regardless of the teams performance at these Euro's, MVT's position completely safe.

Again... with a stronger group of players, I can't believe how much this feels even worse than it was with Jones headed to a Euro's...:cautious:.

21. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Bühl/Brand ---------------- Freigang/Schüller ---------------- Huth/Waßmuth
    ----------------------------------- Magull/Popp ----------------------------------
    ------------ Oberdorf/Nüsken ----------------- Lohmann/Däbritz/Lattwein ------------
    Rauch -------- Hendrich/Hegering ------ Feldkamp/Kleinherne -------- Rall/Gwinn
    ----------------------------- Frohms/Schult/Berger -----------------------------------
    Just looking at this speculative 23 squad objectively... I don't see a group of players here, who's best hope resides within merely being hard to beat...:confused: How can they even begin to be hard to beat, when they don't even have a system yet...?

Strong GK's, solid FB's, but a still questionable central defense. A highly talented grouping of CM/CAM talent, with attackers lacking any globally recognized match winning credibility, but still containing the potential to damage opponents if not respected.

If their not good enough to win now, I still don't understand why this Euro's tournament isn't being used as the preparation for the WC. As a strong showing for a young group of players here, could be the launch platform towards future success; however... I don't see anything, anywhere, featuring players or coaches mentioning this...:unsure:

22. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    hope it's a okay/or at least off thread, but here's the full replay of the Denmark vs Austria friendly, important to watch Denmark as they will be Germany's first match up at Euros/Austria, not only due to their vast amount of Bundi players but if they can change the outcome of group A(who's 1-2 finishers will face Germany's group in the playoffs). Austrians missing some of their big names like Billa, Putingan, Feirsinger). Denmark using the Holmgard twins(Turbine Potsdam) as CB's in their 3 CB defense

Batfink and Lohmann repped this.
  23. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yes... I've known for some time how Denmark like to use a 3-4-3, and it's what concerns me most about them being the opening match for Germany, where MVT's tactical ineptitude will once again be on full display...:(

If MVT can't find a way for her team to be something more than simply hard to beat, they will struggle a lot against every opponent they face during the group stage.

So I hope... genuinely hope, the senior players are brave/articulate enough to speak out and help show MVT the clear issues their having within a system which couldn't contain mighty Serbia...:cautious:

24. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #1074 Batfink, Jun 13, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2022
    Oh, whatever happens... I hope the established players can reiterate over and over again to MVT, why she really shouldn't be using Oberdorf in a CB role. Not when she'll be forced to look horribly out of place again, having forwards like Moller, Harder, Brunn, running at her all day..o_O

So I know Popp has been made the captain, with Däbritz all but certain to play a CM role too... but for the sake of this team, on the back of this seasons form, it HAS to finally see Oberdorf used within the wnt's mid-field.

If Germany can somehow regain a positive/wining identity for the Euro's, I feel a CM playing Oberdorf will be key.

25. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Denmark has an very strong 2nd half, but looked suspect able to AUS high press as they were trying to get through the predictable, straight up, route in the first, meaning MVT could have something if she don’t waist away those precious first minutes in an pass-to-produce-chemistry game she seemingly does & concentrate on swarming their defense with a lot of pressure. More depth on the bench should be able to handle what looks like an already well conditioned Danish squad. Strong performance from their 18 year old mid, Buhl, makes me think she’ll be signed by WOB by next week! lol.
    Austria seemed a tad slow to be an contender. Denmark will face Brazil in an friendly before it’s Euro match with Germany