German Fraulein National Team 2020 & beyond

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by hotjam2, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  2. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    Just tried to watch it on FA player and it’s not showing up.

3. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Klingo3034 repped this.
  4. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I'll be watching the game later, but I guess this will be Germany's heat map for the 90mins versus Spain...
    [​IMG]

Ughhhh, not looking forward to seeing the awful 90 mins of kick and chase, as the team selection for this game just looks like more hot garbage...:unsure:

5. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    Wow that’s unlike Germany!

6. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
  7. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    With Dallmann-Magull-Dabritz, Germany has no muscle in the middle, Hopefully Freigang, Cerci & possibly Linder upfront as right now there’s no speed on the counters

8. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Uh, Spain scores within 30 seconds…and who made the error…Oberdorf

blissett repped this.
  9. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Oberdorf with a great assist!:eek::speechless:

blissett repped this.
  10. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    There hardly anyone in attendance, pretty surprised considering the teams playing. You think there be German and Spanish fans there in England.

11. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Kleineheme & Anyomi in, not what I was hoping for, but at least Oberdorf been moved up to defensive mid

12. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The Calvary has arrived! Cerci & Freigang, but not Spain wasted 5 minutes more of the clock due to the zero pressing Germans

13. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Schüller shocks Batfink!

14. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    MVT is happy!

15. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    at least an tie in an game dominated by Spain. Again must be said; MVT needs two real CB’s! and needs to take chains off the players instead of the ball control mentality she’s got them wrapped up in.

16. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    Watching first half, very uneventful and players look a little slow.

17. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It seems Germany barley touched the ball for 70 something minutes, yet @hotjam2 manages to contrive this into the narrative Germany passes the ball too much...:confused:

Without having seen this match, just using starting teams, and end game stats, I'm going to say your analysis of games will continue to be garbage when it comes to Germany...:rolleyes:

18. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I see Kleinherne comes into this match, making me believe Oberdorf's latest errors at CB forced the morons... sorry national coaches to rectify their dumbest error, and finally place Oberdorf back into the mid-field...?

At this point, I have ZERO respect for MVT as a head coach, but going into a match versus Spain's CM trio of Bonmati - Patri - Alexia, not understanding why starting Oberdorf alongside Däbritz - Magull important, wow!

Oh, and Cerci makes her debut too...:thumbsup: but I'm guessing it's stuck out wide as an ineffectual wide attacker...? I'll find the latest batch of excuses coming from the fraud of a head coach, but if this game looks as bad as the stats makes it seem...:cautious:

19. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Where can I watch the game?

20. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    [​IMG]
    It should be unacceptable thinking a German wnt headed to a Euro finals with no belief they can actually win it. But even worse, I'm seeing post match MVT describing her opponents as the new bench mark in women's football now...:speechless:, completely ignoring how she's probably a big reason why the standards or her own team have fallen so damn low lol.

Anyway... MVT not putting her best possible CM trio against Spain's CM trio, she's basically confirmed herself the genuine fraud I originally imagined lol. Because I think only a truly incompetent coach unable to recognize the heartbeat of Spain's team Bonmati - Patri - Alexia.

I mean Dabritz as a DM, with an overworked Magull, and the often invisible Dallmann supporting. lol... you have to be wearing clown shoes to think this would ever make sense, and yet we've seen this awful approach for multiple disappointing performances; with MVT somehow thinking this the smart approach to use against a much stronger Spain...:confused:

21. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    No excuses about missing players. After the initial 15-20 mins of the 1st half, where Germany aggressively kept trying to retain a high press, allowing them to create a few clear chances. This just regressed into another disappointingly inept tactical display from MVT.

Spain looking so comfortable for most of the match, you saw their FB's become wingers, while Germany's wide forwards forced back into being emergency FB's. It took a full 70 mins before MVT addressed the gapping hole at the heart of her team, and by then this game had already exposed the biggest issues holding this group of players back.

------------------------- Schüller ---------------------------
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    Buhl --- Magull --- Däbritz --- Dallmann --- Brand
    --- Gwinn --- Oberdorf --- Feldkamp ---- Rall -----
    This should never be reasonable long term approach for Germany during a friendly...:speechless:

22. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #772 Batfink, Feb 17, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2022
    Oberdorf's defensive error for Spain's goal shouldn't be a shock either, as anybody watching her early season form looking uncomfortable in a CB role for a struggling Wolfsburg, should understand how limited she is in this role.

But seeing the last 15 mins of Däbritz coming to life, with the rest of the team finally moving out of it's defensive shell, I'd like to believe that was the last time one of Germany's best players forced to sacrifice their own game, for no obvious/clear benefit for the rest of the team.

Oh... whoever watches a game where Spain dominates all the possession, and somehow comes to the conclusion it a direct result of Germany passing the ball too much... :ROFLMAO::confused:, I can't take you seriously.

23. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    here's the English version

24. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I finally watched the first half(only saw the 2nd half, live yesterday). If you go by the English commentators; Germany didn’t look half bad, even congratulated them for hanging in there (as we know, Spain is currently the darling of the snob/elites).
    Personally I hated seeing MVT build sort of an defensive fort of an rectangular, 4-back in support of an 5-straight line upfront with only 10 meters separating the two lines. Unfortunately, with No clear wingers, AM & DM’s(since they were all part of an straight line) it left them tied a bit when Germany did finally manage to retrieve the ball & counter(since there was so much extra ground to cover when on the attack).
    Obviously MVT’s little fort she build was meant to stop the passing lanes of the Spanish players. But by the start of the 2nd half, their coach adjusted their tactics to high balling it over MVT’s fort/2 defensive lines, and thus started an half hour of complete domination by the Spaniards(as MVT refused to change her own tactics.
    I felt also what hurt; MVT must of ordered Buhl, Brand & Schuller NOT to take on/beat the Spanish defenders(all 3 are especially good at this)
    MVT insisted in controlling the ball, instead of clearing/booting the ball out of the danger zones when deep inside her own territory(this led to loosing the ball anyways after a few passss)
    And of course no matter how many mistakes she makes, MVT’s blind insistence of using Oberdorf as an CB, as well as 3 creative mids instead 1-2 more physical ones(like Wolfsburg’s Oberdorf/Lattwein combo)

But it is what it is(I mean MVT is coach, all the whining in the world isn’t going to change that)
    At least it proved that Germany goes very deep(the fresh legs of Freigang , Anyomi & Cerci made an difference) and remember; Spain started with 9 Barca players whereas we were missing Wolfsburg’s/MVT only had an day to get her players used to her methodical tactics whereas Spain aka Barca been together for years!

Batfink; instead of dissecting & insulting everything I say. Why don’t you tell us what your game plan would of been vs Spain(that’s what I really would be interested to know)

25. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    @hotjam2 It's not elitism when fans of the sport show respect, or admiration, for a really good teams proficiently in displaying the most difficult aspects of the sport.

Just listen to how demoralizing it was for the English commentators witnessing their league leading Arsenal team rendered completely ineffective against Barca in the WUCL.

Back then hey thought English football the summit of European women's football, but felt stupid after witnessing a completely different level of quality to what they previously understood as elite; and now as a result have a very different level of respect for Spanish women's football.