German Fraulein National Team 2020 & beyond

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by hotjam2, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #4576 Batfink, Mar 2, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2024
    Bad game... seriously...:ROFLMAO: Thinks Dallmann a consistently strong wnt player, but claims Lohmann's performance Vs Netherlands bad...
    [​IMG]

If you'd pay attention to what these players generally do within various systems of play, it was very clear Vs Netherlands Nüsken actually positioned further forward in support of Popp, than what Lohmann would ever really be within Germany's first half 4-3-3.

Meaning no.. Lohmann wasn't supposed to be the teams dedicated CAM Vs Netherlands, in a team performance which for it's positives, was still repeating many of the same errors we'd just seen play out very badly...:confused:

The desire/need to keep changing the entire system for the second half of matches, really not the best sign of where this teams identity is set right now. With this even more confusing for a program who's been regularly creating strong CAM's for years too.

At club level Popp remaining a very strong facilitator of creating chances for others, but not close to the quality of elite modern CAM's like Asllani, Hermoso, Lavelle etc... for the system Germany blatantly wants to use, it makes zero sense why we don't see names like Magull, Anyomi, Däbritz, as Fudalla, Kowalski, and Sehitler, also showing there's more young potential depth for this role in near future too.

2. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    Ok but I wouldn't say that they obliterated the Netherlands. Outplayed maybe but obliterating implies a blowout type of scoreline.

3. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    This was Germany's last/Olympic Gold medal winning team...
    Däbritz ----- Popp --- Mittag ----- Leupolz
    ----------- Marozsan -- Behringer -----------
    Kemme -- Krahn ----- Bartusiak -- Maier
    --------------------- Schult -----------------------

This a potential 2024 Olympic team...
    Bühl ----- Popp ------ Schüller ----- Brand
    ----------- Oberdorf ------ Nüsken -----------
    Linder -- Hegering ----- Hendrich -- Gwinn
    --------------------- Frohms ----------------------

2024 looking like the better team to me... but why the hell are we still looking at Germany potentially using the exact same Neid era tactics lol....:confused:

4. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    the first half(2-0) was looking like an blowout, then with it;s lead, Spain decided to stay back & cruise a bit for the first 15 minutes or so in the 2nd half. Most will probably say an mistake since it's often harder to defend an two goal lead than an one. So the Dutch dominated possession a bit at the start of the 2nd half only for Spain to take it back after that. Here were stats for the full game with Spain still winning possession & passes, but their pulverizing 1st half suggests they would of double'd all those stats,
    spain vs netherlands - Google Search
    what I like about Spain is they went at first very direct via Paralleulo taking like an half an dozen shots, this led to the Dutch triple teaming her at times, but then left the rest of her team mates more open & taking over the game. I like too that an player I've been hyping like forever named del Castillo, is now firmly cemented as an starter, whereas under Vilda was usually just an sub. If Spain had an weakness though, it be veteran CB, Parades, who's often caught off guard, or too much upfront to defend against opponents quick counters

5. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    give creds that previous to 2016 Germany dominated the youth scene with 1,2, 1 finishers at the last three u20 WC’s. Of course the world’s gotten more competitive since then.
    I didn’t get to watch many of the 2016 Olympic games, but did remember Marozsan at her prime & very effective in the gold medal match. Goessling was just a sub, but that’s cuz Behringer was surprisingly effective in this tourney. Sweden just tended to bunker, so it made so easy for the FB’s to move up in support of the attack. The two CB’s, Krahn & Bartuziak, worked well together, able to get effective off-sides against Sweden’s runners(well mainly Jakobsson) even though most observers would say you need an 4-back(than 2) to make the offside trap more efficient.
    I hope Horst brings back whoever conditioned the 2022 Euro squad, because it contributed to large part to the eventual success. The DBF training facilities looked very modern compared to last year where the ‘temporarily insane’ MVT took them to Australia’s remote, bush country!(guess trying to get that ‘Rocky’ feeling instead, lol)

Olympics format often feels like Russian roulette. You got make sure to peak R the right time—can look terrible at group play(3rd place can still get you into the playoff round). So be interesting what Horst conjures up for this

6. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Meet many friends from Bundesliga:
    Germany
    Austria
    Iceland
    Poland

blissett repped this.
  7. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Horst Hrubesch's coaching positions since 2000.... MNT (Co-Trainer)
    2000-02' - DFB Men's u18
    2001-02' - DFB Men's u20
    2002-03' - DFB Men's u19
    2006-07' - DFB Men's u18
    2007-08' - DFB Men's u19
    2008-09' - DFB Men's u20
    2008-09' - DFB Men's u21 (Interim)
    2009-10' - DFB Men's u19
    2010-11' - DFB Men's u18
    2011-12' - DFB Men's u19
    2012-13' - DFB Men's u18
    2014 - DFN Men's u18 (Interim)
    2013-16' - DFB Men's u21
    2016 - DFB Men's Olympics
    2018 - DFB WNT (Interim)
    2021 - Hamburger SV (Interim)
    2023 - DFB WNT (Interim)

The DFB highly unlikely to replace Hrubesch with someone with a similar level of experience lol..:rolleyes:; but damn... after Hrubesch, there's surely no way anyone accepts decisions like a novice Jones, or a mediocre MVT, to ever be realistic options to take charge of Germany's senior wnt...:cautious:

8. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    How many teams from an A group get to qualify for the Euros?

the England-France-Sweden group is insane Did Uefs bother with rankings? I mean got current ranked #3, 4, 5 in the same group

9. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Top two teams from League A qualify directly. Third and fourth placed teams have to win two play-off rounds.

Play-offs
    The play-offs determine the final seven teams that qualify for the final tournament and are played over two rounds.

In the first round, the eight teams finishing third and fourth in League A will be seeded, and drawn into ties against the five group winners and three best-ranked runners-up in League C. The eight winners progress to the second round.

In addition the group winners, runners-up and third-placed teams in League B (except Switzerland) will participate in the first round (i.e. the twelve best-ranked League B teams). The six higher-ranked of those teams will be seeded and drawn into ties against the six lower-ranked teams. The six winners progress to the next round.

Switzerland, competing in League B, are guaranteed a spot in the final tournament as hosts, and therefore will not participate in the play-offs. If Switzerland finish as group winners, runners-up, or in third place, then the best-ranked fourth-placed team (i.e. the team ranked 13th in League B) will qualify for the first round.

In the second round, the teams from both paths come together and will be drawn into seven ties. The winners of the first round ties involving the seven highest-ranked League A teams according to the 2024–25 European Qualifiers overall ranking will be seeded, and drawn against the seven remaining winners from the first round.

The seven winners of these ties progress to the final tournament in Switzerland 2025.

Both rounds of the play-offs are played according to the knockout system, with each team playing its opponent twice, once at home and once away. The team that scores more goals on aggregate is the winner. If the aggregate score is level, extra time is played (the away goals rule is not applied). If the score remains level after extra time, a penalty shoot-out is used to decide the winner.

In both rounds, the seeded teams will play the second leg of their ties at home.

Pots were based on Nations League 2023/24 where England finished second and Sweden third in group stage.

hotjam2 and blissett repped this.
  10. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I'd say UEFA got better...:whistling: and Germany's leadership got worse...:rolleyes:

It was her best game of the tournament. Marozsan mainly used as the DM here, next to a box to box Behringer who'd end up as the teams player of the tournament. It would see Marozsan's offensive talents never allowed to truly shine under Neid.

But if there's one defining element of Marozsan's time within the senior wnt, it was always knowing once in a while we'd eventually see her produce a high quality performance; with the Olympic final being one of those moments.

That Olympic teams was generally really bad lol... producing their best performances beating an annoying Canada after having already lost to them during the group stages, and then of course the final.

The standout individual performers in that team also being Kemme, Behringer, Däbritz. You can still watch the final on YT, and it's very noticeable how similar some of the negative coaching elements of today's wnt, evident in Germany's 2016 Olympic team...:speechless:

I always felt Krahn super underrated, consistently being at the heart of guiding Germany towards wining major competitions, while playing next to various suspect quality CB partners...:cautious:

11. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Fitness was defiantly a important factor of their Euro's run, with Germany's stats in high intensity running some of the highest ever seen within any level of women's football. (It completely destroyed the numbers produced by UWCL teams that year...:speechless:)

But the other factor of the Euro side success, was a very clear well defined cohesive team shape. Where the team as a group could both counter press, and transition into attack incredibly effectively. (This later revealed to have nothing to do with MVT's instructions lol..:rolleyes:)

And it's why I'm so vocal about the coaches bringing back the role of a dedicated CAM, as you watch the team over the summer of 2022, and you notice very quickly how much more efficient everything looks with Magull next to the main forward linking the mid-field and attack...:coffee:

This was literally Germany in 2016 lol. HORRIBLE group stage, then gradual improvement in the knock out rounds to eventually win Gold.

12. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    LOL.... Germany's next Euro qualification basically a long running family reunion...:confused:

Germany seemingly locked into having to face Iceland during the qualification process for every major competition..:rolleyes:, and now this group stage will see Germany having to face two nations with the 1st and 3rd highest amounts of 1.Frauen Bundesliga representation lol.

Poland also recently beating Switzerland, showing how they continue to improve, possessing a genuinely world class forward with Pajor too. With Austria regardless of how much hotjam2 dislikes them, still having a strong record within recent qualification for major tournaments.

I have a feeling it should be noted both encounters Vs Austria and Poland, will likely be played within the atmosphere of frantic local derby day games, so we'll see how Germany handle this, as recent times we haven't seen them deal with the demands of being the favourites very well...:cautious:

blissett repped this.
  13. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    EURO'S.... it's called the EURO'S lol...;)

The Nations League is used for ranking proposes, what was the top 4 placed teams again...:whistling: And the rankings go from 1st to 16th place to generate League A.

14. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    This a very decent group, no excuse not to finish first. They could have gotten a group with England and Sweden instead.

blissett repped this.
  15. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Sounds like what I had said after the World Cup draw.:oops:

blissett repped this.
  16. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    And you were right to think that but this is different.

17. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    05.04.24 Austria(A)
    09.04.24 Iceland(H)
    31.05.24 Poland(H)
    04.06.24 Poland(A)
    12.07.24 Iceland(A)
    16.07.24 Austria(H)

blissett repped this.
  18. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    When will the venue for the April game against Iceland be announced? I'm thinking of going again if it's not too far from where I live in Germany.

19. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    BIHfan repped this.
  20. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #4595 Lohmann, Mar 8, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2024
    Christian Wück (World Cup winner with male U17) new coach after Olympic Games!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Wück
    https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Wück

Maren Meinert assistant coach

blissett and Germanyfan1993 repped this.
  21. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    So.....Christian Wück is the wnt's new head coach....
    [​IMG]

Ladies and gentlemen, I think the German wnt might just be back in business...:coffee:

22. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I honestly never even considered Wück a realistic option for the wnt head coach position lol, but somehow the DFB with no money have found a way to convince what many would see as their most promising coach, to take over leadership of their women's side, in the process becoming the first full time male head coach of the wnt since 1996...:speechless:

While not everyone pleased with the perceived lower profile of Wück, I think if you've seen his u17 Euro/WC winning teams play, it makes sense why this genuinely such a positively refreshing end result for the wnt's future.

A coach who established winning teams around fast dynamic football, where FB's will join the attack, focusing everything around a dedicated CAM...:geek: This is it... as long as the wnt program leadership stay out of his way, Wück will have access to all the tools to re-establish the wnt as genuine problem again.

Oh, and this happening with Hrubesch finally getting to complete the task he started in 2018, taking the wnt to a tournament finals, before he hands it over to the next coach. Leaving me asking... could the many years of stupidity within the DFB, finally beginning to heal lol...:rolleyes:

luka74 repped this.
  23. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I couldn't understand translation if Wuck taking over now or after the Olympics? I really began to like Horst as coach

24. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

25. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020