German Fraulein National Team 2020 & beyond

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by hotjam2, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The 12 months leading to the WC being particularly frustrating, as we'd just witnessed what this team could do with players finally deployed within their best positions, with them also having a modicum of a legitimate gameplan...:rolleyes:

In hindsight, this poor pre and post tournament form more makes sense now, with it finally being revealed how truly disconnected MVT had been with this team.

But seeing media only now begin to realise how genuinely unprepared the wnt was for the WC, it's always weird to think people blind to the fact outside of one month during the Euro's, it's always been pretty underwhelming watching this side play under MVT.

[​IMG]
    Did I miss something lol...? Unbeatable...o_O... when did Denmark become a powerhouse wnt to be feared with langue like this..?

Yes, I know the Jones - MVT era has significantly lowered standards/expectations for Germany's wnt, but I don't think I've ever seen anyone describe the prospect of facing a Danish wnt, with such a sense of foreboding danger lol.

2. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  3. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So far can’t find any You Tube streams. I would of recommended this game be played in the south Germany, but watching Sweden in Switzerland, it’s pouring snow down there too!

4. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  5. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Popp header 1:0!

blissett repped this.
  6. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hegering header 2:0!

blissett repped this.
  7. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hegering suspended for the Wales match.

8. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    HT 2:0. We should score more goals in second half as I don't trust the German defence.:cautious:

9. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Some positives mixed in with a sometimes frustratingly disconnected team performance. Germany have a deserved 2-0 lead at HT, but might be even more dominant today if Hrubesch corrects some of his teams positional errors during the break....:cautious:

10. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The double 6 of Däbritz - Nüsken is confusing me a lot, as it's not working correctly out of possession, with Lohmann a far better CM than Däbritz too. I can't help but feel like this a game where it would have made far more sense to use Lohmann's more physically robust attributes in a double 6 role...:unsure:

So it should be interesting to see how Senß does in a second half this team needs to maintain a high tempo, and a better defensive shape.

11. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Can’t get the feed back for Ger/Den. Right now English fans want to get rid of Wiegman(currently 0-2 down. So maybe she’ll be another possible for the Ger NT?

12. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    Germany really has this weird ability lately of scoring a lot of goals at home in the NL and literally dismantling all their group opponents with 3-0 scorelines or more.

13. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    3-0 FT... and Elisa Senß finally showcasing she's 100% a senior wnt level player...
    [​IMG]

14. Weltmann

Weltmann Member

Sep 9, 2012
    Horst knew.

[​IMG]

Lohmann repped this.
  15. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    Now only a incredible twist and turn of events can prevent Germany from finish first after the last matchday.

blissett and Batfink repped this.
  16. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Germany's 2nd half a more measured/controlled display, that saw Senß produce one of her typical all action CM performances to solidify and eventually help dominate the games mid-field battle.

But I also feel like Lohmann should be absolutely furious with herself today, as she should have been the POTM, but wasted a lot of chances to end this game as a contest, meaning we had to wait on Bühl to show up again and do what others won't/can't.

So Hrubesch might be leaving the wnt facing sexual harassment charges if this another nation lol (see the ass slap he gives Krumbiegel)...:whistling:, but he's once again in a few games managed to demonstrate what a basic level of tactical competence, and some genuine personality, can do for Germany's wnt...:thumbsup:

Weltmann repped this.
  17. Weltmann

Weltmann Member

Sep 9, 2012
    haha....I thought the same.:D

18. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    This didn't age very well. :rolleyes:

Batfink repped this.
  19. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Only watched the first half, but seeing that Däbritz was subbed out after the 1st half, you'll wonder if this could soon be the end for her in the N11 :unsure:

Like, we all know Oberdorf and Lohmann should be midfield starters, and Nüsken is becoming one of my favorite players by the way she carries herself. Obi, Lohmann and Nüsken should be safe starters if they're healthy and fit, imo :rolleyes:

20. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    And wow... Sarai Linder is not gonna stay at Hoffenheim for long, I feel.

She's like a five times better version of Rauch :rolleyes:

21. luka74

luka74 Member

Melbourne CIty, St Pauli, VFL Wolfsburg Frauen, Chelsea WSL
    Australia
    Nov 13, 2017
    Melbourne
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Only saw the first bit of the match and then highlights( was up at 4.30 am AET to watch the Hamburg derby) good to see some cohesion coming back, and for some of the starters today making the most of the opportunities.

22. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    luck of the draw got Germany the easiest Nations League A group. Dunno why UEFA don’t believe in balancing better as it don’t make sense that the two top ranked teams in the world, Spain & Sweden, were in the same group together as well as powerhouses England & Netherlands. France’s group even had another top ten in Norway.
    Taking it that UEFA has its own ranking system, but they’ve already in trouble with this year’s Champions League match ups.

And what was the point of UEFA scheduling all the glamour A group games at the same time yesterday?

With Denmark, don’t think they scouted Germany very welll or maybe thought it was MVT was still coaching? lol. They gambled early on with an high press, but unlike MVT, Horst wouldn’t have none of it & got the ball quickly upfield— nice, long run by Lohmann in the first half, showed how easy it can be to break the high press. The addition of Nuskin & Linder really helping the team, along with Buhl’s Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde behavior(I mean why don’t play this great for Bayern?). The right side movements of Huth/Gwinn was a little slower going upfield….but if ever Kuver & Endemann take over, you’ll see then some speed burning from both sides.
    I know I picked enough of Hegering, but she might just of been mvp of this game—not just for the one goal, but I really do believe the Danes were gunnin for her into making turnovers in the back(especially Vansgard was all over het) but handled pressure admirably.

Got to say though don’t feel that Denmark was that strong of a team. I couldn’t help but looking at an closeup of their mid, Kuhl, caught my eye(I mean she was freaking gorgeous!), but checking her bio, she only got a whole 4 minutes of playing time so far at Arsenal! Guess missing Harder as well as Sava injury didn’t help and previous goal scorer’s like Bruun & Nadim not rostered?
    Anyways didn’t get to watch the 2nd half, just too much going on; England/Holland was a real barn burner(incredible ending) Swiss looking better than now that Grinks is gone!

luka74 repped this.
  23. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    At the time of the draw (May 2023) the pots would have been the same if they would have been based on World Ranking (only exemption: Iceland would have been in Pot 2 instead of Denmark!).

24. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    This is what happens when poor player analysis used to create your wnt...:(.

The fans knowing Dabritz a talented AM/Wide forward, who's talents constantly diminished within a CM role. I think impressive the debut of Senß exposed the long time flaw in the way Dabritz used in MVT's team.

This also depends on the formation Germany's new director of football intends to use in future...:unsure:

I personally believe Germany best suited to utilise a DM pivot...
    ------ Lattwein/Däbritz/Lohmann ------------- Magull/Freigang/Anyomi -----------
    -------------------------------- Oberdorf/Nüsken/Senß -------------------------------------

But I could see the Double 6 become the regular system.....
    ------------------------------- Magull/Freigang/Anyomi -------------------------------
    ---------- Lattwein/Lohmann/Minge -------- Oberdorf/Nüsken/Senß ----------

Either way... be it with Hrubesch, or the next new coach, we need to start seeing Germany's mid-field utilised to it's full potential.

25. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Somehow Linder not deemed good enough to be part of the WC squad, but currently appears every bit as good as I thought she'd be within a senior wnt jersey...:whistling:

However, if Wolfsburg don't try to get her, I doubt she'll be moving to any other 1.Bundesliga teams anytime soon; as Bayern don't even know what to do with their current domestic stars, with Linder already playing a key role within a UWCL level club...:unsure:

Lührßen reading this like...
    [​IMG]