German Fraulein National Team 2020 & beyond

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by hotjam2, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The players don't seem very sympathetic to the nature of her sick leave...:cautious:

And honestly... I don't think she should present the DFB any favours right now, by stepping down from her position as head coach.

The DFB stupid enough to extend her contract, and they should pay the money the owe her for the next two years.

2. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    So what's your solution or proposal?

The players don't seem very sympathetic to MVT, period.

3. Weltmann

Weltmann Member

Sep 9, 2012
    And the funny part is, the DFB does it each and every time.

Extending Neid`s 2013 running contract right before the home WC in 2011 for 3 years until 2016 Olympics, wasn`t really necessary, but Germany was riding high and everyone thought it will last forever. At least she did win the following Euros and Olympics.
    [​IMG]

But the most crazy contract extension for me, will always be Steffi Jones. After that miserable 2017 Euros, the DFB thought it was a great idea to give her a new contract until the 2019 WC. You know....she needed more time to develop the team.:ROFLMAO: 6 months later she was fired and Horst had to save the day.

I don`t blame anyone who takes the DFB to the cleaners. :whistling:
    [​IMG]

blissett and Batfink repped this.
  4. Weltmann

Weltmann Member

Sep 9, 2012
    German NT do know how to win.:p
    The U17 beat England in a friendly.

5. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    Neid had some success but then a disastrous World Cup in 2015 by German standards. 4th place finish, losing to a rather weak England team in the 3rd place game and getting bossed around by the United States in the semi-final.

6. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    My proposal... lets see...
    [​IMG]
    OK... I'd instantly call Ulrike Ballweg, Silvia Neid, Doris Fitschen, to tell them if they chose, they can still remain parts of the DFB... but their failed decade having any say over the future of the wnt now and forever OVER!

From that point, I'd finally move forward with the plan of appointing a new face to oversee the entire wnt program as a liaison between the DFB's new sports director, the players, and the wnt's coaches.

Then take a reality check, and understand the Olympic cycle a potential lost cause, meaning I'd recruit another interim head coach to provide the team some form of stability, while the search for a new full time head coach (and new coaching staff) hopefully announced to join the team early 2024.

7. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    @BIHfan I'd also make amendments to the future practice of advancing female coaches towards being able to lead the senior wnt. Where the current system has completely failed in this regard, seeing any female coach with quality forced to leave in the search of better career opportunities...:confused:

It's been VERY clear for a long time, the best decision ever made by the all women focused leadership, was fighting for the laws that now allow teenage girls to play within boys teams for much longer than normal witnessed across Europe.

But outside of this one major unforeseen positive, I think it's fair to say the program largely been a complete failure when it comes to the leadership making good decisions that benefit the senior wnt producing winning football.

Which is surprising no..? When you think how open and friendly natured this group of players present themselves to be with the media...:cautious:

8. BIHfan

BIHfan Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 13, 2020
    And you can do that all by not tarnishing the progressive female reputation of the DFB?

9. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I also see they lost the first game with England's u17 3-0 lol...:giggle:

10. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hey... you didn't ask me what should the PLAYERS do... you wanted to know what would I PERSONALLY do.. no?

My approach not coming from the perspective of a player on the wnt, who'll still have to continue working with people on the field, and off the field, to make this team successful.

My approach comes from the perspective of random entity that's unlikely to exist within the current DFB structure, wielding power unlikely to go unchecked within the political natured hallways of the DFB lol.

blissett and BIHfan repped this.
  11. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    @BIHfan if your a German wnt player, your not going to successfully protest anything on the grounds your not receiving a high enough standard of coaching, when you the face of a program based around it being progressively female in all it's leadership roles....:unsure:

Yes, asking for the removal of MVT pretty straight forward, but we all know (including the players) this mess also something way beyond the removal of MVT, or her coaching staff.

They'd be protesting the idea a progressive football federation being a complete failure where it matters most; results lol. Yeah... not something these players need to be doing right now...:rolleyes:

BIHfan repped this.
  12. Weltmann

Weltmann Member

Sep 9, 2012
    Let`s hope that it`s not Popp`s last game today:cautious:

Kickoff: 18:15

Batfink repped this.
  13. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    WIN!... I think quality of performance is the least important factor right now. Just for themselves, this group of players need to win today, and hope the damn DFB do their part, providing them something better than this ridiculous limbo existence...:unsure:

Weltmann repped this.
  14. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  15. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    @Lohmann
    so far for 2023 the record is 3-4-2. If it stands, would this be Germany’s first loosing year?

16. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    No, 1984 3W 1D 4L and 1985 4L:eek:

Weltmann and hotjam2 repped this.
  17. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Can’t watch the match, but at least Iceland don’t got Jonsdottir in the lineup

18. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    She is injured.

19. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Bühl distance shot 1:0!

20. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Penalty Germany!

21. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Gwinn 2:0!

blissett repped this.
  22. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    HT 2:0 11:0 shots. Without Jonsdottir Iceland is not dangerous at all.

blissett repped this.
  23. Weltmann

Weltmann Member

Sep 9, 2012
    Lohmann repped this.
  24. Weltmann

Weltmann Member

Sep 9, 2012
    I love that Kathrin Lehmann called out the DFB President Neuendorf. She is also more fun than the female Bela Rethy:D

25. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Schüller for Lohmann:eek::eek::eek::speechless: I hope we can save at least a draw.:cautious:

Weltmann and blissett repped this.