German diving team [R]

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by uniteo, Sep 12, 2003.

1. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. ripmstr

ripmstr New Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Orlando Fl
    I found conection quite ironic myself!

3. flanoverseas

flanoverseas New Member

Mar 2, 2002
    Xandria
    When the refs stop rewarding dives, the germans, argentinians, italians, et.al. will stop doing it.

I wait (in vain) for the day when the rules that are already there are enforced. That's when soccer will catch on in mainstream U.S.

4. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    It's like rain on your wedding day....

Sachin

5. Isisbud

Isisbud New Member

Mar 10, 2003
    Encinitas
    Well, the past WC didn't teach the Italians anything. Their little diving game just taught them to kick Asian players out of their league, and accuse FIFA of some heavyduty fixing.

I also remember the Germany-Camaroon WC game, disgraceful German diving in that one too.

6. Zathras

Zathras Member

Jun 16, 2003
    Minneapolis
    Let's not be hypocritical, guys; if the US players could pull it off, we'd be doing it too.

Anyone remember Waldo's attempted dive against T&T in qualifying for 98? Made me laugh out loud.

7. Unorthodox Yank

Feb 27, 2001
    Constant Flux
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    italy didnt lose because they dove.

italy lost becasue their strategy *@#*@#*@#*@#ing sucked.

8. Toolhead

Toolhead Member

Jul 6, 2003
    Williamsport, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Hell US players CAN'T get a LEGIT penalty called in the box, what good will diving do? ;-)

9. CrewToon

CrewToon Member

Jun 13, 1999
    Greenbrier Farm
    When I saw the title of this thread, I thought for a minute that Klinsmann came out of retirement. :D

10. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Agreed. Everytime I see the 90 Final I laugh at Klingsman, my God He should have won an emmy also.

11. AvidSinger

AvidSinger New Member

Sep 6, 2002
    Massachusetts
    I never liked FIFA going after players for "bringing the game into disrepute." Kinda sounds to me like a rule made to avoid having to deal with legitimate complaints.

12. Mateofelipe

Mateofelipe Member+

Mar 10, 2001
    Spokane, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Might be nice if someone would do something about FIFA bringing the game into disrepute.

When I complained about the diving at the World Cup, the Euros told me I didn't understand soccer, so I guess the Scottish don't either. I understand that it was a deliberate and disgustingly effective strategy based on their strength and our weakness on free kicks. They also didn't like that we were outplaying them at times and wanted to castrate our mojo.

The ref shouldn't have bought it. He also shouldn't let Torsten Frings play volleyball in the box. It will be interesting to see how it goes in 2006.

13. JeffS

JeffS New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cameron Park, CA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about Rivaldo's disgraceful, laughable display in WC02? What a complete weenie. :D

As for Klinsmann - the display in the 90 final was ridiculous. However, he cleaned up his diving over the years, particularily when he played for Hotspurs. And give the guy some respect for being and all time great forward.

14. flanoverseas

flanoverseas New Member

Mar 2, 2002
    Xandria
    That's some funny stuff. And it's not a joke.

15. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The second yellow for an obvious dive sure didn't help their cause.

16. Jacen McCullough

Nov 23, 1998
    Maryland
    See that's the thing, I didn't think he actually dove on the 2nd yellow. He had an obvious dive a couple minutes before that, but I was pretty sure at the time that there was decent contact.