German attendance boom

Discussion in 'Germany' started by lond2345, Nov 2, 2003.

1. aloisius

aloisius Member

Jul 5, 2003
    Croatia
    And after all the stadiums are finished, it will be even more. What will be the end capacity for the stadiums that are still being built(Hannover,Frankfurt, Koln…)?

2. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    not bad at all :)

3. jonny

jonny New Member

Sep 17, 2002
    Mexico
    Great!

Holly crap 81,000 , OMG!

4. PileD

PileD New Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Ruhrgebiet
    Luedenscheid is top

that's true but Munich has not an att over 60.000+
    The F.C. Schalke 04 has only over 60.000+ (61,154)
    and is second behind Luedenscheid-West.

5. soccerfreak #1

soccerfreak #1 New Member

Oct 6, 2003
    Cologne
    Re: Luedenscheid is top

FC Soeldner 05 is not only behind, but far, far, far behind BVB, and that not only when comes to attendance.

6. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    munich had 5 matches sold out (63.000) and against kaiserlautern they had 58.000. that's an average of 62.167.

jonam

7. Mattbro

Mattbro Member+

Sep 21, 2001
    Oh my God, Gladbach's stadium is going to have 54k! That's a big place - will they be able to fill it?

8. soccerfreak #1

Oct 6, 2003
    Cologne
    Of course. There current stadium is lousy but they are abled to fill it, so I think it would be no problem for them to achieve an attendance of 40k+.

9. Mattbro

Mattbro Member+

Sep 21, 2001
    Yes, but the Bökelberg currently has a capacity of I think only 35 k. That would be a jump of 20 k, and Gladbach has not been very successful over the past decade or so. Do they still have the fanbase to fill that place up regularly. I have my doubts.

By the way, I actually like the Bökelberg. Yes, it's very run-down, but it's still a great place to watch soccer - the place just oozes history.

10. soccerfreak #1

Oct 6, 2003
    Cologne
    BMG has a lot of fans, not only in their local-town.
    They definitly have the fan-potential for such a stadium, just like Koeln.

11. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    Attendance statistics German Bundesliga season 2003/04:

http://www.schwatzgelb.com/fanservi...ndances0304.htm

(There is a diagram available at the bottom of the site. I don't know whether it works with other browsers than Iexplorer)

At the moment Germany's Bundesliga has the highest average attendance in the world regarding football (soccer). It is 36.558 but till 2006 some new stadiums will be completed and maybe an average of 40.000+ isn't out of reach. Also depends on which teams relegate and promote.

Germany's stadiums for World Cup 2006:

http://www.schwatzgelb.com/fanservice/stadiums.htm

12. Aussibayer

Aussibayer Member

Dec 17, 2003
    Bay23 Aussie Stadium
    Well, because it was built early. And has a standing terrace that fits 26000 people.

To check out pictures of not only the German grounds but the fans and the various choreographies they come up with go to <http://www.stadionwelt.de>. It is in German, but you should be able to navigate your way around OK.

I've never been to the Westfalenstadion, but have watched a match at the Volksparkstadion in Hamburg. It would have to be one of the best grounds I've been to in the world. Sure it is smaller than the San Siro. But for facilities right up there, that's for sure!

Bayer Leverkusen have a small ground because they simply have no fans. They are a club made successful due to nothing more than the money pumped into it by the Bayer pharmaceutical company, who then writes off this investment on its taxes. For example at the DFB Cup final in 2002 Neverkusen could only sell 6000 tickets! Apart from the Ultras behind the left of screen end, Leverkusen is full of sorry looking corporates who comments on the match were as to the quality of the roast duck they at at their VIP dinner.

To go to Muenchen's new ground, go to <http://www.allianz-arena.de>. I'll be flying over for the first match there in 2005.

cheers from Australia

JF

13. aloisius

aloisius Member

Jul 5, 2003
    Croatia
    I hope this won't provoke another “are Leverkusen a real football club” debates. Had enough of those for some time.

14. Mattbro

Mattbro Member+

Sep 21, 2001
    B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T. I was at the 2002 DFB Cup final, and there were way more than 6,000 Leverkusen fans there. Probably a quarter to a third of the stadium, which is impressive considering the game was against Schalke. Nice try, though. Maybe next time you make up stuff there will be no one around to call you on it. There are some great photos at www.svbayer04.de. You have to search a little for them: "Fanszene -> Fotos -> Saison 2001-2002 -> halfway down the right hand side - > DFB Pokal Schalke 04".

Besides, no Bayern fan has the right to criticize other teams for lack of fan support. All you have is glory hunters.

15. PileD

PileD New Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Ruhrgebiet
    Yes, yes and yes.

I saw the match, we travelled with the Lev fans and they with us, it was a nice day.
    Nore only Schalke win, it was nice day and a great game too.

We drink beer and wine together, and celebrate, a big t-hanx-s to Lev. was a nice time.

And for B. Munich, get your ***** on I`ll hope +++++++ they ++++ fot their+++++++

16. PileD

PileD New Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Ruhrgebiet
    His wife deleted this for a bithday video.

That's all.

Grr. grr.

17. Aussibayer

Aussibayer Member

Dec 17, 2003
    Bay23 Aussie Stadium

I got this info from Gregor Weinreich, head of FCB supporters conglomerate Club Nr 12. So I'm assuming he'd know what would be going on.

I admit that especially at DFB Cup matches the crowds FCB get are next to pathetic. As somebody said Munich is Germany most well-off city. People can go to the alps for the weekend or even to Italy in 3 hours. So football competes against that. What else is there to do in the Ruhr on a cold Saturday afternoon than watch football? (Glad I don't have to live there, its bloody awful.)

Don't forget too that FCB are not just Munich's team but Bavaria's. Fans come in supporters buses from as far away as Switzerland, German speaking Italy, Belgium, Austria and even Holland.

Still I'm hoping the Schlauchboot will dramatically change the FCB fan culture to the better, just as the Arena auf Schalke and AOL Arena/Volkspark have done to S04 and HSV.

At the moment sadly too many people stand in the Suedkuerve expecting FCB to win. When they don't they whistle and jeer. Sadly people seem only to get really pumped when Luedenscheid Schlacke or Verein fuer Behinderten turn up. And of course the gala occasions like when Manure and Real Madrid turn up.

Still the choreographies Club Nr 12 make are up there with the best in Europe. Go to <http://www.clubnr12.de> for more details.

JF, sweating my head off in Oz

18. PileD

PileD New Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Ruhrgebiet
    Don't missunderstood, in my comments before too, but I wish B.Munich have a full stadium, and a good fan noise there. Cause the last Cup games I saw on tv (vs. Schalke and vs. Hamburg) was boring (Hamburg) and worst (Schalke).
    That games will trash the Cup.

19. Aussibayer

Aussibayer Member

Dec 17, 2003
    Bay23 Aussie Stadium
    Is that URL still working? I couldn't get it up.

JF

20. Mattbro

Mattbro Member+

Sep 21, 2001
    Um, does that mean something different where you come from?

21. PileD

PileD New Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Ruhrgebiet
    Re: Re: Luedenscheid is top

The Soeldner troop is called D...... 09, cause the problems to get the soeldners back to the team are great, or Amoroso e.g. came back cause they like the team?

22. soccerfreak #1

Oct 6, 2003
    Cologne
    Re: Re: Re: Luedenscheid is top

At least we have some players from Dortmund in our squad.......

23. Aussibayer

Aussibayer Member

Dec 17, 2003
    Bay23 Aussie Stadium
    Ein wiener Witzbold

Mate, don't give up your day job if that's the best you can do.

Geh, lass di heimgeigen, du windverdrahter Kletzenseppel!

JF