Genoa [R]

Discussion in 'Italy: Northern Clubs' started by soccer krazy, Jan 22, 2007.

1. mattteo

mattteo Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Re: The Official Genoa Thread

There are conflicting reports on our alleged signing of young Greek defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos (from AEK Athens, his fee is about 4 million €)....I'd really like him to come as he's apparently very promising and already has a lot of experience despite his age....but nothing is official yet....though Greek media say the deal is done and Greek supporters on youtube are cursing at their president and complimenting Genoa on the low fee we paid.

We're also very close to Dario Dainelli.

Yesterday we got an Argentinian midfileder (Domingo) on loan form River Plate, not sure if he's any good and why he was bought.

2. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Based on the roster now, how do you guys think Genoa will line up?

3. mattteo

mattteo Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Rubinho
    Potenza-Biava-Criscito
    Mesto-Milanetto-Juric-Modesto
    Gasbarroni-Figueroa-Palladino

4. genoacfc.ca

genoacfc.ca New Member

Jul 25, 2008

There are two important points I read

• one is the over known issue where Genoa is still looking for a central defender (Dainelli might be out as Fiorentina is reluctant on giving him up as Burdissio [Fiorentina's target] is not leaving Inter now) and Domizzi is even more off as Rez Preziosi slammed Napoli for the high price tag.
    • Other is I read somewhere that Gasperini said if we want to point for UEFA we need at least a couple of important players at the levels of Cassano
    Besides this, Genoa seems to be going to plan except the fact that they are short in defence especialli with Bocchetti and Criscito (not to mention Vanden Borre) with the Olympic team away in China for a month.

5. mattteo

mattteo Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Genoa won 1-0 vs. AEK Athens today, Di Gennaro scored the winner.

6. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

did you watch matteo?

any ratings? in particular for di gennaro?

7. mattteo

mattteo Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Di Gennaro played very well, he's impressing many people with his talent.

In other news, we officially bought Greek defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos.

8. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  9. genoacfc.ca

genoacfc.ca New Member

Jul 25, 2008

Is there any video to watch highlights or even the whole game?

10. mattteo

mattteo Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

I don't know...if you're in Genoa they're showing a re-run on Telenord right now and probably will show another one in the next few days.

In other news....Genoa announced today the signing of defender Matteo Ferrari.

Our defense finally looks set for the start of the season.

EDIT: found the highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x-q7MTca8c

[youtube]3x-q7MTca8c[/youtube]

11. Eusebio13

Eusebio13 New Member

Jun 17, 2008
    London, UK
  12. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Any word on if Genoa are still going after Bianchi

13. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  14. genoacfc.ca

genoacfc.ca New Member

Jul 25, 2008

It's very well known after Figureoa's poor fit that Genoa is on the search of a forward to complete it's roaster. At this time the first choice seems falling on Graziano Pellé, forward currently for Az Alkmaar's (funny enough, Genoa will playe against AZ tonight). Thee Dutch club want to sell the player permanently an not for less than 5 million Euros. Alternatives? Pellissier, Pazzini and Bianchi. However on the latter one Torino seems strongly on it.

15. genoacfc.ca

genoacfc.ca New Member

Jul 25, 2008
  16. genoacfc.ca

genoacfc.ca New Member

Jul 25, 2008
  17. mattteo

mattteo Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

It was a good game (although some players didn't perform well...Potenza in primis) but a bit ruined by the unnecessary (it was a friendly after all) red card shown to the AZ player in the first half.

18. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

I never liked Potenza. I always felt he was too clumsy and lacked lots of concentration.

19. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Not bad. It looks like Olivera had a strong game. I wonder about Figueroa though. From the little i saw of him last year he impressed me, but for a team like Genoa on the up and up, i don't think he's the answer. Bianchi in a Genoa shirt would be scary. If they would sign him, i have to wager that Genoa are in good contention for 5th place. As for Pelle, a lot of people on this board seem to dislike him. I think he has potential. For a big man, he has vision, which is rare for a guy his size and position. If he can polish his finishing, he can become an important player

20. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  21. genoacfc.ca

genoacfc.ca New Member

Jul 25, 2008

08-20-2008
    Di Vaio goes to Bologna

Preziosi: I wish Di Vaio a well deserved good luck. We might get one more player to replace him or perhaps a player for another role.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Colombian NT LB is supose to be going to Genoa and the teams have agreed on terms all that is left is for the colombian to go to italy for medical and agree on a wage to sign....

have u guys heard anything about this? and do you need a LB ?

He was bought by some italian investors after very good games in qualifiers(We are unbeaten) and after our friendly with Ecuador last weekend this info was announced.

23. genoacfc.ca

genoacfc.ca New Member

Jul 25, 2008

First of all I am really upset as I was not able to find any LIVE Streaming for the match! [​IMG]

Can anyone post a link for highlights?

Second of all Here's a small article that I will probably will put on my site tomorrow!! [​IMG]

Genoa-Mantova 3-1: Grifone flyes with Olivera

Genoa has already switched to the fourth gear, and with two scores by Olivera and a eurogoal from outside the box by the sub Milanetto inaugurates it's season with an imponent 3 -1 on Mantova, who found their only score at the end of the game on a free kick.

A 3-4-3 Genoa dear to Gasperini, with so many new names: Biava and Ferrari in defence, Mesto and Modesto in the middle, Olivera and Gasbarroni in front. On the bench Figueroa and Milanetto that is disqualified for the first game in Serie A at Catania. Genoa is shinging of it's own light already, the only shade was by Mesto, still far from his best conditions.

Genoa Cfc (3- 4-3): Rubinho 6, Biava 6, Ferrari 6, Criscito 6, Mesto 5 (70 Milanetto 6), Rossi 6.5, Juric 6, Modesto 6, Sculli 5.5 (75 Palladino N/A), Olivera 7.5 (80 Figueroa N/A), Gasbarroni 6.5.
    Coach: Gasperini 6.5

Mantova: Handanovic 5.5; Cristante 5, Notari 5, Franchini 5 (84 Grauso N/A); Tarana 6 (61 Cuneaz 5.5), Spinale 5.5, Passoni 5.5, Balestri 5.5; Locatelli 5, Corona 6, Caridi 6.5 (69 Marchesetti 6).
    Coach: Brucato 5.5

Referee: Mazzoleni 6

Scores: 19 and 45 Olivera (G), 76 Milanetto (G), 90 Passoni (M).
    Yellow Cards: Franchini (M), Juric (G).

Notes: 10,000 spectators.

Highlights: http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=P2chJ2mY8is

24. mattteo

mattteo Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

We do need a good sub at left back but nobody on Genoese newspapers or TVs ever mentioned Vèlez....we'll see.

In other news....Lucho Figueroa is probably gonna be sold since Gasperini doesn't trust him and we'll buy a new striker...tonight's rumors point to Giampaolo Pazzini.

Obviously everyone here secretly hopes for a shock Diego Milito comeback, but Pazzini wouldn't be bad at all.

25. HuntKop

HuntKop Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 15, 2002
    Sulla mia Vespa
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy