General Transfer Thread II [R]

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by footyfan1, Aug 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I didn't say I wish they would look at the Balkans more "instead" of Poland.

They can keep looking at Poland, I just wish they would look at the Balkans more too.

Shit, I even wish they would look at North America for young players who can be groomed in our youth system.

We need to start signing players from all over the world, not just from one or two areas.

Kagawa was a good start. Let's keep it going.

2. OptimusMK

OptimusMK Member

May 4, 2008
    Skopje,Macedonia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    [​IMG]

3. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

LOL!! Very funny dude!! :D

It was a bit of a shame for us that Valdez didn't score last night.

Maybe he'll blame the vuvuzelas too! ;)

4. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Florian Kringe: Dortmund’s 2.2M Euro Problem

[​IMG]

He has gone from a source of hope for the club to being put on the shelf. Such is the grand fall of 27-year old Florian Kringe. Kringe still has a contract with BVB valid through the end of the 2012 season, but no future under current BVB coach Jürgen Klopp….

Dortmund’s 2.2M Euro Problem! No One Wants To Buy Kringe!!!

The Main Issue:
    The midfielder, who was loaned to Hertha BSC Berlin this past season, is one of BVB’s top salary earners at 2.2M Euros per season. On top of that, he’s been injury-prone recently as he’s suffered two different broken foot injuries in the past eight months. He’s currently in rehabilitation after the second broken foot injury.

If no new club is interested in Kringe, he’s stuck on BVB’s books. And then??

BVB Sport Director Michael Zorc says: “Florian’s situation is not easy. We had a very frank discussion in which we informed him that we want to move forward with younger players like Nuri Sahin and Kevin Grosskreutz. It would be best for “Flo” (Kringe) to find a new challenge.”

Last season, Dortmund and Hertha split Kringe’s salary. If no new club is found, after Kringe’s recovery, BVB has to play Kringe’s entire salary.

Borussia and their 2.2 million Euro problem – a pretty warped situation….

Click here for the original story in German at the “Bild” website.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

My comments: Is it just me or was it not that long ago when people such as Uli Hoeness were calling Kringe “a future Germany international?”

I mean, how did this guy go from being one of the faces of the club to someone who shouldn’t let the door hit him in the ass on his way out so quickly??

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

5. pogrebnyuchenko

Jun 16, 2010
    at home
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    thomas doll ? :D

or unfair to thomas to say that hehe

6. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I should have thought of that myself! LOL!!

7. pogrebnyuchenko

Jun 16, 2010
    at home
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    was it me or did doll seem to want to "purge" BVB of its "youth" talents ... of the past that is .. he got rid of ricken .. that debates for another time .. he got rid of sahin shipped him off ? ... he signalled the beginning of hte end of kruska ? judas :D waved bye bye?

and kringe fell foul of him lost his place and from then on seemed to the beginning of the end for him too ..

but if uli hoeness knows anything its young uns .. but alas this one didnt work out

i do think sahin lost a year of development by being shipped off to holland .. even if it was to be with uncle bert ... i just think he would have got the extra oomph with chances in the bl .. or maybe im babbling and have wandered off topic or at some point in what i said .. wrong in my maths :D

back to kringe ... where will he go .. st pauli ? .. mainz ? ... koeln ? maybe even a nurnberg ? id say frankfurt but they have meier , schwegler, and russ , kohler etc ...

does the youth path and the addition of kagawa also mean the end of feulner ?

8. pogrebnyuchenko

Jun 16, 2010
    at home
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Sunderland plot £8m move for Paraguay World Cup striker

Sunderland are lining up a bid for Paraguay World Cup striker Nelson Haedo Valdez.

The Black Cats have contacted Valdez's German club Borussia Dortmund about the forward.

The Bundesliga outfit want €10million or around £8m for the 26-year-old .

But Sunderland boss Steve Bruce hopes to get the marksman for less despite his impressive display in Paraguay's opening World Cup draw against Italy.

Valdez led Paraguay's attack alongside his Borussia Dortmund club-mate Lucas Barrios against the World Cup holders on Monday.

And Valdez is ahead of both Roque Santa Cruz and Oscar Cardozo in his country's pecking order after six goals in qualifying fired Paraguay to South Africa.

Valdez also played in the 2006 World Cup after moving to Dortmund earlier that summer from Werder Bremen.

At Bremen, Valdez helped the German club to the double in 2003/2004.

He then played and scored in the Champions League the following season.

Agent Barry McIntosh, brokering his probable move to England, said: "Valdez would be great in the Premier League and there is lots of interest."

i believed it with hope ~UNTIL i saw the fee..... then i cried into my pillow of despair .. ah well it was nice for the amount of time it took for me to read the headline :)

9. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I don't "blame" Doll for what he did with Ricken, Brenzska and Kruska. Ricken was long done and both Brzenska and Kruska wasn't ever going to get better than they already were.

However, I do "blame" Doll (and Zorc) for the loaning out of Sahin and the BVB demise of Martin Amedick.

Disagree. I believe Kringe was always important to Doll because he was also important to management.

Kringe's BVB demise came under Klopp and with the emergence of Grosskreutz. And it was Kringe's own fault.

Kringe was always overhyped.

I think you're wrong and babbling here as you said. That year at Feyenoord did wonders for Sahin's development and turned out to be better for him than would have been another inconsistent year at BVB.

I believe had Bert van Marwijk (BvM) remained BVB's coach, Sahin would be the kind of international superstar people thought he was going to become.

Sahin is heading toward stardom again, but as a very different type of player.

Between the time Ottmar Hitzfeld left and the time Jürgen Klopp was hired, BVB had one coach who could truly develop talent at the Bundesliga level.

BvM.

I don't believe any other coach, including Klopp, could have taken a limited player such as David Odonkor and turn him into a Germany international.

Odonkor could do one thing before BvM got to him. Run. That was it.

BvM taught him how to add crossing to his speed and the best ways to use his speed.

Taught him so well that a player who can do two things got to go to the World Cup.

I think we're going to wind up stuck with Kringe.

No one is going to buy him while he's still recovering from injury.

I don't know if BVB will want to spend the money to try to buy him out of his contract, which still has two seasons to run.

I believe BVB is probably hoping Kringe just asks to be released from his contract with either a low payment or no payment so he can just move on.

I believe Michael Meier would love to have Kringe at Koln, but isn't going to pay for him.

I don't think so. Feulner was always going to be nothing more than a backup for Kuba and Hajnal.

I believe they signed Kagawa with an eye on him replacing Hajnal I think if Kagawa works out, Hajnal will be the one facing the end.

10. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I think you are too quick to believe and go into despair.

I really doubt there's much fact in this article.

But if this did happen, I can't blame BVB for telling an English club they want 10M Euros for Valdez.

10M Euros is nothing for many English clubs.

However, I doubt this article is correct because if Valdez has a good World Cup for Paraguay, his stock will just rise.

It would make no sense for BVB to put a price on him now.

However, I do believe one thing in the article. I do believe there is Premiership interest in Valdez.

His game would fit that league very well. And I hope BVB will have a real opportunity to cash in on Valdez while keeping Barrios.

11. pogrebnyuchenko

Jun 16, 2010
    at home
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    "mutual termination" as i often use on football manager :) i think best option as said ..

seems klopp has a lil more "power" in terms of choosing who stays and goes .. compared to others who may not have wanted to keep as you said players who were "important to management" but not necessarily to the team as a whole

i just hope it doesnt end up like the lell at bayern off on full time paid leave .. no use to player nor club (first player who came to mind who wasnt wanted)

buuut almost forgot about hajnal :) ive only seen gossip about interest in him from the neighbours home of judas .. assuming he hasnt a future also ?

re valdez .. i guess thank heavens for the epl and people with more money than sense :) i guess he is ... the paraguayan heskey raved as a striker for NOT scoring goals but effort

12. Bundesligafan

Bundesligafan Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    haha i will be more than happy to let him go for 5mio euros. but no1 will say no to more cash haah:) if they are willing to give more we will b more than willing to take

13. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Doll never had a problem with Kringe. I don't know what has you thinking that.

Kringe's problems started with the change to Klopp's way of playing.

BVB won't keep him and let him do nothing. If they can't sell him, they'll loan him out or buy him out.

That "gossip" would seem to be pretty silly to me.

Why would Magath want sorry ass Hajnal when he's already got two better and younger players for that position on his roster in Rakitic and Baumjohann??

Well, nothing has been proven to be true about that report yet. They had no real proof.

14. pogrebnyuchenko

Jun 16, 2010
    at home
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    that comment wasnt kringe/doll related .. klopp "power" so to speak

i meant it in that on team affairs he seems to have stamped more authority on who is in and out .. less of the meddling from outside (board room etc)

there just seems more decisiveness in telling players youre not wanted .. not really in plans etc which is s good thing

15. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    But I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up scoring a shitload at the Premiership, Santa Cruz was doing absolutely nothing at Bayern then he went to the Premiership and became one of the top scorers in the league. :eek:

16. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Not correct. Doll had just as much input as did van Marwijk.

van Marwijk was solely responsible for our picking up Ebi Smolarek. He was also responsible for Matthew Amoah and Cedric van der Gun, but we also have to remember that he had no money to spend.

From what I've been told by pretty good sources, Doll was the major factor in BVB getting Mats Hummels and did have a large say in the acquisition of Mladen Petric.

It was knucklehead Zorc who wanted Petric to be a playmaking central midfielder.

I think Klopp has done better with his input because he's more competent in talent eval than Doll was, although Doll was not bad.

I think van Marwijk was just as good as Klopp, if not better at talent eval. I do believe van Marwijk is much better at talent development.

But again, the major difference is that van Marwijk had no money to work with.

I still marvel at how he got us into the top 7 two seasons in a row with two unhappy Czechs and a bunch of nobodies.

What you have to remember is that the common denominator here is Michael Zorc.

Zorc still has major input and he's the one whose ability to evaluate talent I have doubts about.

But he has improved. He has gotten better. It would be unfair for me not to mention that.

17. pogrebnyuchenko

Jun 16, 2010
    at home
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    fair points :)
    Zorc .... good player ... nice man ... scout ? .....

so is he IT in terms of BVB scouting system ?

to me old players in positions like that arent always the best solutions to being sporting directors.. ok they will know the club well but its the outisde world and pools of talents that knowledge is needed of

id love to see BVB explore eastern europe ..bosnia .. serbia .. etc the word escapes me

find a dzeko , or pjanic type player even an ibisevic(has he ever been in zorc sights pre hoppenheim?) ... for not the biggest country they have a decent ish pool of talent
    theres another bosnian who escapes me whos worth a look now .. anywho

that part of the world is an untapped talent pool

small part of the world but worth a look

or maybe ive rambled again and am wrong :D .. can i blame the vuvuzela? ;)

18. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Zorc is a very nice man. He isn't "it" in terms of our scouting system, but he is the boss and therefore is the one who sets their priorities.

As I said in a previous message, Zorc has gotten better over the years.

And at least here in Germany, it is my experience that the best sport directors/general managers are usually former players.

I used to say of both Doll and Sammer that they would make better executives than coaches. Sammer is proving that with the DFB.

I think the team that eventually gives Thomas Doll a sport director job will have made a great move.

Do you mean "The Balkans?"

You were not wrong at all. I said not long ago that I wish BVB would check out the Balkans more.

However, I think what might be deterring BVB is that everyone knows about that region and players there don't come "cheaply" anymore.

19. SuperJville

SuperJville Member

May 7, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Dzeko left his club in Bosnia when he was 19 for 50,000 euros.. And the clubs in Bosnia are in such terrible financial shape that the best players can easily be bought with 300,000 euros. It's just a matter of scouting and picking up a few youngsters that you find promising. I would get 4-5 of the best players under the age of 20, all together they wouldn't cost more than 1m, ... loan them somewhere, wait a few years, and even if only one turns out to be pretty good, it's a good investment.

20. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

And Dzeko is one of the reasons even some of the lower clubs know they can get paid for their talents.

It's not like shopping at the Wal-Mart down there.

I didn't say all of them were too expensive, but things have changed in even just the past two years.

21. pogrebnyuchenko

Jun 16, 2010
    at home
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia

i like it that things have changed ... for the lower clubs .. getting a fair price for their talents ..

its only fair .. but with the more known talents .. a club like bvb can all too easily be gazumped by abu dhabi and the likes .. BUT in that case it can sometimes come down to the player and his character .. ie like lewandowski ... in wanting to come to a club .. choosing it and first team football over a big payday in england or spain

in that case sometimes the right player can be got for the right price providing you actually look for him :)

ibricic!!! and yup the balkans :) that was the one on my mind before there were rumors a while back i dont know where they are now .. and as far as i know hes still fairly good and hasnt set the world alight in the way to attract the big spenders

speaking of other rumors ....is the only reason were always linked with obraniak is is polishness? or is there or was there any truth ever to him coming?

and on a transfer theme .. why has no one ever come in for weidenfeller? ... ive hardly ever read a bayern trying to snap him up or interest from abroad (arsenal a few yrs ago aside?)

hes one of the most consistent keepers around .... yet no interest .. warum ?

22. pogrebnyuchenko

Jun 16, 2010
    at home
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    on a random note i love reading the transfer thread on the bayern side :) its like playing football manager or fantasy football .. just think of an expensive player and link him :D

23. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Go inside....:cool:

[​IMG]

24. Arlo

Arlo Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Serbia had a dissappointed run in WC, i dont think that the value of Subotic will rise

25. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, I think it might. He had a good match the one time they won.

Against Germany.