General PSA about pre-2017 support.

Discussion in 'Terminus Legion' started by CAllen91, Jul 24, 2014.

1. CAllen91

CAllen91 Member

Atlanta United
    Oct 23, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not sure if thats the right thread title or not but hear me out on this. I got my TL membership kits (got the girlfriend one too) today in the mail and tweeted out about getting it and that I can't wait for 2017 to come around and got retweeted by TL. Thats all fine and dandy and a happy story.

But then some guy replied to me saying "Don't wait dude, Silverbacks play saturday!"

Now homeboy could just be really excited and passionate and trying to spread the word which I hope this is the case. I would LOVE to go to the Silverback's Sat night but living in Valdosta makes that a problem. I love soccer but not enough to drive 6 hours round trip for a 2 hour NASL match. When I move back to Atl next year I plan on going to Silverback games but its just not feasible right now. What I'm trying to say is that I hope that the guys in TL going to Silverback games right now aren't going to think better of themselves than the rest of the group that only starts coming in 2017.

2. ATL_Bayern_Fan

Apr 29, 2013
    Atlanta
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Been to 2 silverbacks game so far. I certainly don't think I am better than anyone who hasnt attended yet. And I hope people who attended more games than me don't think they are better supporters.

I have been really encouraged by Terminus Legion leadership and how they are handling themselves. Support without getting into dick measuring contest like other supporter groups do. I hear other supporter groups acting like faux-hooligans, kicking people out of their group for not attending, or excluding general public from getting away tickets. It looks like TL doesn't deal with that foolishness. Long may that continue.

Resurgens repped this.
  3. RutgerATL

RutgerATL Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Decatur, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's be clear that when you mean other supporters groups you mean those kids in section 101. Not us old guys in 109.

Resurgens repped this.
  4. Bisquick_in_da_MGM

Jul 26, 2013
    Club:
    Atlanta
    I don't think the TL guys are going to care come 2017. I'm sure there are some in TL who go to Silverbacks and at going to old friends by 2017. I've read that the Ultras are the dicks. The Ultras think we are all plastic fans.

5. Resurgens

Resurgens Member

Sep 6, 2013
    Athens, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't worry man, TL is all about supporting soccer in ATL and building relationships around that support. I've been to 5 games this season and as far as I've seen they are very inclusive with everyone who comes.

6. ATLNewsDog01

ATLNewsDog01 Member

Oct 14, 2007
    Winder, GA
    I've personally been quite impressed so far at all three games I've been at. I spent I think five years writing articles about the team, so if it was a group trying to act like people only care based on attendance I would figure that out quickly. Doesn't seem that way at all. It seems like a group of people who want to bring in a lot of others who like soccer and want to make some noise.

I plan on coming this weekend because I survived physics at UGA and may not see the light of day again until November! I have to drive about an hour myself, so I understand people who have travel issues. If people travel to any games from Valdosta, DAMN. RIGHT ON. That's awesome.

I really hope the group can one day rival some of the stuff I see in Seattle. That city is the gold standard of US soccer. When you've got a game on with 5.1 sound and hear "SEAAAAAAATTLE ... SOOOOOOOUNDERS" over and over, it's chilling. I'm just glad to do my little part as I can now. Maybe I'll luck out after school is over and get a nearby job so I can actually use those MLS tickets I reserved.

Resurgens repped this.
  7. Bisquick_in_da_MGM

Jul 26, 2013
    Club:
    Atlanta
    TL has said that they are going to start chapters in other cities. Who's excited about it and when will we get more info ?!

Resurgens repped this.
  8. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm living in Commerce but working in Anderson, SC... I won't have any free time for awhile but would be glad to try and link up with either a Athens or Anderson cohort