General boots question/review thread [6] - all questions/reviews pictures on any boot brand here pls

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by appleCORR7, Oct 6, 2013.

1. jackrmee

jackrmee Member

Oct 9, 2012
    Swansea, UK
    Club:
    Swansea City AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    I’m thinking maybe I could write “FAKE” all over them with permanent marker and then send them back
    Not sure if I’d get into trouble for that, or if it would stop me getting my refund.

2. newone88

newone88 Member

May 2, 2006
    San Francisco
    Usually Indonesia or China.
    Ebay should do something about it and just write something in the feedback that you received fake shoes. I see many really good copies these days and usually they have the same box as well.

jackrmee repped this.
  3. jackrmee

jackrmee Member

Oct 9, 2012
    Swansea, UK
    Club:
    Swansea City AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    I’ve been sold a few copies over the years. None as good as this though.

What I don’t understand though, if they can make the boots so well and to such good standard, why the hell don’t they put the correct art number and country of manufacture? No one would ever know then, until they fall apart.

4. michael975

michael975 New Member

Juventus
    Brazil
    Jan 19, 2020
    EU
    Hey thanks for posting this! Helps quite a bit. :)

I've read more your posts as well. Very interesting blog you have there. :):):)

derbyyank13 repped this.
  5. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Hey! Sorry I took so long to respond. Thanks for the support!!

6. jackrmee

jackrmee Member

Oct 9, 2012
    Swansea, UK
    Club:
    Swansea City AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    Hi guys,

Just wondering what is the best glue to stick boots back together when the leather/upper lifts from the sole plate?

Also any tips or techniques for fixing this issue?

Cheers

derbyyank13 repped this.
  7. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Hmmm maybe Gorilla Glue?

8. timbrayton732

timbrayton732 New Member

Liverpool FC
    England
    May 11, 2018
    Hello guys. Does anybody use heel grips if you fee that your boots a little bit later? I mean such grips as here https://womenmotorist.com/best-heel-grips-for-shoes-too-big/. Or it is better to buy new ones? What can you recommend? I feel that one of my boots is like al little big bigger and I am afraid that I can get an injury.

9. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    Anyone every owned Puma Kings? (I'm talking the oldschool version not any of the recent modern updates).

I'm just wondering about sizing? Is it best to go true to size? Or half a size down?

thanks!

10. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    ps - also, are the white stripes on the side leather or synthetic?

I've always assumed they were leather but I've seen one old review say they were synthetic.

I'm talking about the Puma King Top DI here.

11. cadmonkey12

cadmonkey12 Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #1161 cadmonkey12, Oct 20, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
    I went true to size...I have had both the standard and Made In Italy Puma King Top DI. The standards seemed to fit slightly tighter than the M.I.I. I'm not sure if the form stripes are synthetic or maybe a highly processed leather (they have a leather grain finish). The form stripe material is a little sturdier than the upper material and not quite as flexible, but it's not bothersome after they are broken in.

gusgorman repped this.
  12. gusgorman

gusgorman Member

May 14, 2013
    Bristol, UK
    Great thanks! I was thinking of trying the M.I.I but can't find anywhere in the UK or EU that still has them. My local store has the standard though.

13. Michael Natale

Michael Natale New Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Dec 22, 2020
    [​IMG] Hey guys! I bought these Nike Mercurial Vapor III right after Italy won the World Cup in 2006. I’ve never worn them and was wondering if anybody could give me a value on them. I know they are rare as only 250 of them were made. Appreciate any insight on these, thanks!

derbyyank13 repped this.
  14. derbyyank13

derbyyank13 Member+

Nov 8, 2008
    Niigata, Japan
    Club:
    Derby County FC
    Depending on the size you could make quite a lot off of them. At least $400 but probably more.

15. Michael Natale

Michael Natale New Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Dec 22, 2020
    I was trying to find any listings on ebay but wasn’t able to find anything currently selling. They are a size US 12

derbyyank13 repped this.
  16. brozy

brozy New Member

Dec 27, 2008
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
  17. arsenalista10

arsenalista10 New Member

Arsenal
    Czech Republic
    Jan 5, 2021
    Hi guys,

I am looking for plain white boots, best case without laces and hi top/sock/ankle fit. kind of like the nemeziz in black but all white and only white. ive had a lot of boots throughout my playing career but i miss the plain white ones and can not really find any models. i hope you can help!

edit: no blue lines, grey shades, red logo, just white on white in white and white! :)

all the best, robin

18. Batigoal_92

Batigoal_92 New Member

Arsenal
    Brazil
    Apr 5, 2018
    Hi guys, I live in a tropical country where it rains often, Singapore. I was wondering if it's logical to have a pair of Soft Ground boots in my arsenal for rainy days. The natural fields when battered by rain is pretty soft and muddy at times (people who lives in Singapore or neighbouring countries will know) but I'm not sure if they are soft enough to be using SG studs as I have asked a few mates of mine and they thought SG boots are absolutely not required. Thanks!

19. jihado86

jihado86 Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid

There's Umbro Speciali Pro 98 and Umbro Speciali Eternal Pro.

There's also Diadora Brasil 'Made in Italy', all white except for a little Italy flag.