News: General 2014-2015 Ligue 1 Discussion

Discussion in 'France' started by StarrMatthieu, May 18, 2014.

1. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    2 loses in a row now. Monaco-Rennes today is an important match. OM will be hoping Monaco stumbles.

2. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Lyon needs to beat ASSE midfleld than its game over for the greens! counterattack is needed to score vs Lyon should be an amazing match ! st Etienne midfield is horror show ! they have a good defense and an good attack
    Lyon is alot more well round of a club ,worst case for Lyon is a draw 2-2 or 1-1
    best case for Lyon is 4-0 ...

3. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    The game is starting off strong already.

4. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    well when you dominate the match and then get a stupid red card thats exactly what what happens. only ourselves to blame though. Lacazette was off his game but in the end the 2-2 was the fair result.

5. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    regrets éternels.

6. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Squillaci is out for the rest of the season. It will be really tough for Bastia to hang on the last few games without him. I don't think they will be able to.

I feel bad for him.

7. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Marseille lose again 3-5 to Lorient. Old friend Jordan Ayew haunts them. Monaco playing Lens this weekend in a must win.

8. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    That's three games in a row now for Marseille, Monaco should really secure CL ball soon.

9. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    At least they were champions of autumn. :laugh:

No but really, as much as I hate to say this and feed into their victim mentality, I don't think they would be in this position if they hadn't been repeatedly screwed over the past few months. They might have still dropped down a spot or two, but now they just look completely lost.

10. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Should have kept Lucas Mendes and played and started Doria. 2 big mistakes.

11. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    http://news.maxifoot.fr/info-216677_150426/football.php

I dont see this as lack of ambition I see it as being realistic. Going right into the Europa League group stages is better than playing 2 Champions League qualifying rds for this club. If fans dont like that mentality then too bad because thats what happens when you have a club that has limits to it means.

12. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Caïazzo veut franchir un palier

Very skeptical. French teams sell players to balance the budget so I'm supposed to believe all of a sudden St. Etienne will stop doing that? Yeah right. They arent in a big enough metro area to increase revenues substantially. They are a club living off their past. Not to mention a brand new stadium would have brought in more revenues than a remolded one. I mean its nice to see a French team wanting to dream bigger but in this case I aint buying it. Top 3 ? PSG, OL, OM, ASM, are the top 4 and I bet Bordeaux will be ahead of the Greens as well.

13. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Thauvin being left out of the squad vs Metz. What a horrible signing this was paying that much money for a kid who's head isn't on straight. Must have been an Anigo signing.

14. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  15. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I dont think what he said is that bad. He just wants to win the title.

16. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    St. Etienne losing to Bastia hurt their top 3 chances. Monaco playing Toulouse today. Need to win to go 5 pts ahead of Marseille.

17. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  18. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Id love to watch Lille-Lens just to see the big crowd and atmosphere but I probably wont have the time to.

19. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Sorry, I dont really speak French so I probably misunderstood what he said. Now that I think of it, to get points taken away because of another clubs financial troubles is pretty stupid.

20. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Les Monegasques 4-1 Les Violets. Mission accomplished. :thumbsup: Germain came on in the 89th min. and scored lol.

21. Pandore

Pandore Member+

Jun 24, 2014
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    No problem, I didn't know you didn't speak French.

Congratulations on the important victory! :)

22. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Nice tribute even if you hate Bastia. The little girl holding the banner was cute.

Pandore repped this.
  23. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Yeah so basically I got interested in French football because I got Fox Sports World in the early 2000's and they had Ligue 1 matches on there so I watched it every week. I quickly tried to learn about the history of French football and I liked that they were the underdogs and underachievers. That's what drew me to it. I guess that changed in 1998 World Cup but I wasnt watching soccer then.

StarrMatthieu and Pandore repped this.
  24. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Someone needs to pick up Carlos Eduardo from Nice. He's having a good season and no way Nice can sign him permanently so hopefully another French team can pick him up

25. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Nice would be insane not to sign keep him
    looks like a Lyon Bordeaux deal if anything....