Gazza heading home to England

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by JRedknapp11, Jul 31, 2002.

1. JRedknapp11

JRedknapp11 Red Card

Dec 5, 2001
    tsacademy.net
    Here's the link.... looks like it's up in the air...thanks to these horrible rules .... another reason why single entity will slowly kill the MLS off.

It doesn't look all that bad but boy we need to get this thing done,,,,the longer this is stung along the worse we look as a viable footballing community.

http://www.soccertimes.com/mls/2002/jul30.htm

2. Topo

Topo Member

Feb 15, 2001
    Not really. It just stirs the pot of transfer rumors and gains publicity.

But, single entity does damage the league in enough other ways.

3. grumpydcu

grumpydcu Member

Jan 1, 2002
    MD
    Single entity brought MLS into this world and single entity will take it out of this world.

4. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    you have to believe that if DCU and MLS really wanted Gazza they'd figure something out. This is the league that is constantly changing it's transfer and allocation rules, believe me, if they really wanted him there wouldn't be any debate.

5. 79United

79United Member

Apr 10, 2000
    SW DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Think about it, if you lived here in the States and were trying out for a team overseas, wouldn't you want to head home for a few days to pack a few things up before you made the move permanent??? Gazza probably just needed a change of underware. He'll be back and in a DCU kit before too long.

TS.

6. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    One thing I have notice though FWIW is that Sky Sports News every night has an update, and almost without exception those updates make it seem like a done deal. The same could be said for Teamtalk, Football 365, and The Sun. I'm just not sure that all of those outlets could be wrong. One or two maybe, but every major British sporting news site?

Like I said, if it comes down to just needing an allocation, this deal will happen.

Could you imagine how much of a laughing stock MLS and Gazza would be if everyone made this big a deal out of this situation and Gazza ends up not getting picked up?

7. GoDC

GoDC Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Hamilton, VA
    Seeing as we plan on starting McKinley, Williams, and Lazo tonight, he can't get back here soon enough for me.