Gaza Thread Discussion Part IV

Discussion in 'International News' started by Ismitje, Jan 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigINTERNETTOUGHGUY

Jan 25, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unfortunately, nothing that occurs in this region is simple and everyone wants to go back to that point in history where they can make the best claim. And so the fighting continues...sigh...

2. bigINTERNETTOUGHGUY

Jan 25, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah speaking about that, I demand reparations for Egyptian slavery! ;)

3. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    you should have kept avoiding it, b/c we've been over this like a million times.

This thread should be really all about day-to-day situation in Gaza. I think most people know where most people stand and nothing new will be said for or against the other side, We've gone in circles and history, wars, who started it on more than one occasion.

4. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

5. ZIAD

ZIAD Member

Oct 11, 2004
    Brilliant, this is historic Palestine. It's funny how some people will never accept the truth and start blabbering about 3500 years ago when the jews were a few families. The funny fact is that where were these jews for 3500 years, in Europe?? correct, then they came up with a concept call Zionism which initially was planning to migrate the Jews to Argentina at first, however they decided to mass migrate to Palestine. Anyhow time to move on and stop discrediting each others history and find ways to coexist in pure democracies. As a Palestinian, I hope one day we'll have peace!! I didn't mind a peaceful Jew being my neighbor in America, and I don't think I'll mind a peaceful open minded Jew being my neighbor in Palestine.

6. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    You want to compare what was in 1900's to what was in 3500 B.C.E.........

Which century are you living in?

7. !Bob

!Bob Member

Apr 28, 2005
    UK
  8. bigINTERNETTOUGHGUY

Jan 25, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The 21st, which is actually represented by the last frame of your map. If you'd like to use this as a starting point, be my guest.

9. bigINTERNETTOUGHGUY

Jan 25, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...says the man who seeks to minimize the holocaust...:rolleyes:

10. !Bob

!Bob Member

Apr 28, 2005
    UK
    And here is Alex Thomson interviewing Mark Regrev over last week's disasters:

[youtube]zIQZ1-RFq6A[/youtube]

I hope to see John Snow's interview with Isaac Herzog which aired tonight at 7:00pm on youtube.

11. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    Then why did you talk about 3500 years ago?

12. bigINTERNETTOUGHGUY

Jan 25, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why are you posting maps from the last century if you don't currently live in it?

13. ZIAD

ZIAD Member

Oct 11, 2004
    Ha ha ha.. I know.. I think he's going to go in circles and probably reply with some sarcastic posts.

14. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    Like i said why were you talking about what happened 3500 years ago?

15. bigINTERNETTOUGHGUY

Jan 25, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whatever gave you that idea? ;)

16. ZIAD

ZIAD Member

Oct 11, 2004
    Because your initial argument was to discredit his map because it didn't span to 3500 years ago. Then you completely change you argument and talk about the 21st century map. Now that makes no sense at all.

17. bigINTERNETTOUGHGUY

Jan 25, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you saying it's wrong to post about events that occurred in another century? :confused:

18. bigINTERNETTOUGHGUY

Jan 25, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well then you can answer the question I posed to him.

19. !Bob

!Bob Member

Apr 28, 2005
    UK
    Let's take the statements in turn to see how you managed to come up with the above statement:

1. I make a comment hinting at Gaza being a densely populated area.

2. In a separate thread, I make the argument that the ethnic cleansing of the Jews by the Germans is not the only example of such action in history (unique as someone phrased it) and that in effect and scale there have been many other such disasters. You take that to be me seeking to minimise its effects whereas I for one don't share that sentiment. You seem to run the argument if murder happens 5 times, it somehow makes it more acceptable or make the murder of the person you cared about less important.

3. To try to discredit my post about Israel's use of white phosphorus in populated areas, you try to label me and attack my character.

4. Throw in a rolleyes smilie and wham, you have just managed to post and yet added nothing constructive!

Well, sorry but I am not in the habit of responding to such low tactics. If you wish to respond to my post, please keep it on topic. A) Is Israel using white phosphorus? B) Is that legal? C) Is it moral?

PS please refrain from the following in response to a post/an articulated argument being put forward if you wish to be taken seriously:

1. Well...your mum (a favourite of 7 year olds)
    2. 9/11 (a favourite of Rudy!)
    3. Shut up you anti-semite (a favourite of many on these boards)

20. bigINTERNETTOUGHGUY

Jan 25, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's not accurate and you know it. You said there were worse examples of genocide. I called you on it and you danced around the issue.

Simple.

21. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    I think you would care who your grandpa was in the 1940's than the grandpa you had 3500 years ago. :cool:

22. !Bob

!Bob Member

Apr 28, 2005
    UK
    Did you read the link on ethnic cleansings in history? Where entire minority groups were wiped out/enslaved? Where the Qing dynasty killed a million or so Muslims in one campaign and several milions in another (the numbers are that vague!!)? That nature of the killings by Imperial Japan? Or in the Ming/Qing dynasty seeking to wipe out/"unify" all other minority groups in China? Your sense of self importance has blinded you to any ills that may have fallen on the non-Jews in history!

23. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is essentially the type of poster that !bob is. I wouldn't waste much effort talking with him as he is a staunch anti-Israel poster because that is what the mullahs in Tehran tell him to be and he is not able to think for himself.

24. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes we are all familar with your remarks during the whole holocaust denial threads, however what you are posting here is irrelavant to the situation in Gaza.

However since you want to talk about ethnic cleansing, you don't seem to want to discuss Saddam Hussain's efforts to wipe out the Kurds in Iraq? And that was hardly centuries ago. Or lets look at Darfur and how muslims are killing muslims on a scale that makes Gaza pale in comparison.

Now back to Gaza, I hear about the use of WP rounds, yet aside from the accusations, have they produced any evidence as of yet to verify that they are WP rounds? And there are also counter claims that hamas has been using WP rounds as well. It will be interesting to see what is actually PROVEN and not suspected of being used.

25. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But you're ok with the use of human shields, hamas targeting Israeli civilian sites and schools? And you don't seem to care about the Geneva Convention which specifies use of uniforms for armed combatants, instead choosing to blame Israel. Yet hamas are still clothed, so they do have the means to put a uniform together. They just choose not to and you and your ilk ignore that so you can blame Israel. How very nice of you.