Gaucci blames Perugia's poor form on league conspiracy [R]

Discussion in 'Italy: Clubs' started by SueB, Nov 3, 2003.

1. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Gaucci blames Perugia's poor form on league conspiracy

Haven't seen an English article about this yet, but it sounds like Perugia's eccentric owner is blaming Perugia's slow start in the league on the those who want to "repay" him for his legal actions over the summer which resulted in Catania's reinstatement into Serie B. I saw that he appeared in Domenica Sportiva, but I didn't watch it yet - I'm assuming that's where he made the comment.

"E' una vendetta contro di me ... "

2. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He could be right, and he'd still be crazy.

3. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Gaucci's latest comments after Perugia remained winless today, giving up 2 goals in injury time to Lazio. (Perugia played a man down for the last 20 minutes, just after they had tied it at 1-1).

“It is undoubtedly a conspiracy to get Perugia into Serie B, but they will not succeed. We have had enough of referees who are blatantly pushed to favour certain teams, and I note that once again Juventus were gifted a goal that should have been disallowed. This match was effectively fixed by a referee who is either startlingly incompetent or intentionally damaging to our side.”

4. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Having 3 guys sent off is pretty ugly. Were any of the goals pk's?

5. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    No PKs. Haven't seen the full highlights yet to understand what went on. He's right about one thing - that first goal for Juve should've been disallowed as their quick free was taken well away from the spot of the foul.

6. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well Gauuci is wacko, but I wouldn't put it past the league to have it in for his boys.

7. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    love this line from gaucci, he is a riot. But in truth he doesn't help his team with his conspiracy theories...the bookings appear legit.

I've only seen highlights and read stories also, it seems the match got out of hand but Corradi's goal to go up 2-1 was brilliant, certainly not aided by the official....

8. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Gaucci has some sort of dependency problem :D