Gaspar called back to National Team

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Terd Meuller, Sep 3, 2002.

1. Terd Meuller

Terd Meuller New Member

Connecticut Wolves coach Dan Gaspar has been invited back to the Portugese Team for their upcoming match against England. Gaspar will be in charge of the goalkeepers and especially Baia. Gaspar has been with National programs in previous years when Queiroz was the head coach. I heard that Gaspar was looking to leave the Wolves after their successful season...the club is supposed to be folding and I would think he's looking to catch on somewhere in Europe.

2. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Its about time, this move by Gaspar a little to late he could have been a great help to Antonio Oliveira in the WC. He was basically the first goalkeeper coach for Portugal under Carlos Queiroz, I see some of his methods is the best in the business. I recommend any youngster that plays in the goalkeeper position to join is Soccer Camps for goalies the best in the country.
    Gaspar wouldn't be any strange to Vitor Baia.
    What surprise me is a team like the Metrostars, didn't take a chance on Gaspar talents.

3. Fender playa

Fender playa New Member

Mar 18, 2002
    Vancouver/Canada
    yah.he should help alot..

hell work on ricardo and quim

4. Selecao2002

Selecao2002 New Member

Oct 20, 2000
    MA
    He won't do much for Quim, since he will be in Braga. Remember????

5. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dan Gaspar was assistant coach of the Metros, under Carlos Queiroz in 1996.

They also worked together to formulate Project 2010.

Self promotion - Read my pre-World Cup interview with Dan Gaspar here: http://www.michaelkoch.net/gaspar.htm

Dan had some very interesting things to say about Vitor Baia, Portugal's team (prophetic words) and the progress of Project 2010.

Hopefully neither Dan Gaspar nor the Wolves are going anywhere.

6. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Try again can't get to the article.

7. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Thanks I believe the article was printed before on bigsoccer.com
    Keep theme coming

9. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    I try to send you a nice complement about the article at the end of the article but its not working.
    thanks again

10. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    I was in Portugal for over three weeks I try to starter a conversation about the USA game, but the peoples reaction, didn't want anything to do with it. I guess its the European way they have games almost everynight on Sport TV, so its past and they look towards the future.
    I was piss because three years ago the newspaper A Bola had articles about MLS this time around was nothing, I had to buy the USA Today for triple the price for a one line score.
    I did send a e-mail to A Bola newspaper and the Record they can't keep ignoring the MLS.
    Meanwhile Sport TV televise's a game every other night of the WNBA and I could care less, and nothing about the MLS. I am surprise if the WNBA got a contract with Sport TV the MLS could do the same, because in early summer there is only friendly games, in August the European season starter's, usually France starter first.