Garber's reply to my email

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by yalpstel, Dec 15, 2005.

1. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    And if Don Garber didn't approve the move then AEG just closes up shop and MLS is down a club.

2. dakotajoe

dakotajoe Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Medford, OR
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don Garber had zero veto power over the move. The league I/O's voted the approval.

3. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Yes I know, was specifically responding to previous poster in the most simplistic manner possible. Don Garber meaning MLS I/Os

4. Red Raider

Red Raider New Member

Feb 4, 2000
    Garber laid it out quite clearly; a PPV to build a stadium and local ownership. I believe that while most Quakes fans want these two criteria as well, the real work is to not just talk about it on BigSoccer but to take discreet concrete steps to make that happen.

Clearly, the key is the publicly financed stadium, financed as much as possible from taxes and/or fees levied on the users. MLS has made it abundantly clear that this is a non negotiable perequisite. Soccer fans must simply accept that they need to create the conditions for approval of that requirement. Once that is done, local ownership can be selected based upon their contribution, not the other way around.

We must accept the challenge of building bridges to the media, to the political establishment, and within the community itself. Expressions of hatred for MLS and for Garber as expessed herein may be understandable but in the long term, they are unproductive.

5. Fulham Fan

Fulham Fan New Member

Apr 26, 2004
    Bay Area
    SSV did. Those who complain about MLS et al., are curious as to who else did. A timeline would be nice.

6. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    FYI: Chivas USA makes the return of SJE all the more likely. A guaranteed 10K fans in the 2 games means a guaranteed $500K minimum.

Then you add the factor that it's a targeted demographic easier to sell to corporate sponsors, then you add Interliga, friendlies amongst Mexican clubs and/or SJE... And you've got the recipe for a highly successful enterprise.

Chivas USA is BIG part of the reason why SJE will be coming back.

2nd highest attendance in the league. An entire metropolis that treats soccer like a major league sport. Newspaper writers w/ improving soccer writing skills.

Yeah. RSL is a resounding success.

7. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

People need to repeat this to themselves until it sinks in.

(p.s. SnakeEyes, I realize you understand this.)

8. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Since it's i/o's we can see how many votes AEG gets.

9. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    You're basically reading what you want to read and only that with which you want to read.