Gameday RB Arena Travel/Parking/Food/Drink/Hangout Thread

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Woodrow, Mar 1, 2010.

1. joehooligan0303

joehooligan0303 Member+

Dec 16, 2001
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like I have found childcare so my wife and I will probably be making this trip. Sounds like you guys may be hosting ole' JoeHooligan this summer! Don't run me over or mug me, please ;)

msilverstein47 repped this.
  2. joehooligan0303

joehooligan0303 Member+

Dec 16, 2001
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks again for all your info. My wife and I were at the game on Sunday. We had a great time and used a lot of the info you gave me to navigate around Newark, Harrison and NYC.
    The game was great and the stadium is unbelievable.

kokoplus10 repped this.
  3. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    glad to hear it Joe...hope that you and the Mrs. can come back again this way real soon!!!

joehooligan0303 repped this.
  4. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great!

5. trevor_daniles

Aug 19, 2007
    I'm going to the game on the Wednesday coming up in a couple of weeks. Where is a good place to drink before and after the games? Where do the supporters hang out?

6. RedBullFootball

Apr 7, 2008
    Concessions at RBA are just about as sad as you can imagine. Hate to seem harsh, BUT they seem to hire the mentally challenged that cant seem to expedite the most simple of orders. Always confusion over how to ring up order on RB Card. Like 5 minutes to service a guy ordering 2 beers.

Fingers crossed that whom ever is in charge gets canned. Pathetic job over all.

MasterShake29 repped this.
  7. iced1776

iced1776 Member+

Dec 4, 2009
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Delaware North does concessions for both Metlife and RBA, are there literally no other competitors in the northeast?

8. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who does them for Prudential Center? The options there put RBA to shame.

With the area outside RBA finally being built up, would it make any sense to build a restaurant on the ground level at RBA which would double as an entrance to the stadium on game days? The idea being that on game days, the kitchen could also perhaps serve some of the concession booths as well, and offer perhaps some better options because it's coming from a full-time restaurant.

Josh Biringer repped this.
  9. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.seeingredny.com/2014/07/episode-177-rbny-1-1-sj-rbny-head-of.html

Give this episode of seeing red a listen and make sure to contact Marc de Grandpre when something at the Arena goes bad (they give a contact email for him at the end of the podcast).

I've seen a few small changes that are working already. One in particular being that they are now selling tallboy cans of beer and rather than have the staff pour the beers you're allowed to take the cans to your seat. Saves time. Saves headaches. Saves potential beer due to a bad pour!

11. RedBullFootball

Apr 7, 2008
    I listened to that one BUT somehow forgot it was de Grandpre.

Like the 'tall boy' idea, but I could have sworn they were still pouring therm into cups. Missed them releasing the cans. Good idea.

No real need to message the guy. Walk around at half time and its pretty obvious that it's a horror show and obvious how to fix it (or at least make it better). I cant imagine the thousands theses guys lose each game with people saying , 'I am not waiting on these dopes'. I say it almost every match. Waiting, missing part of second half for the luxury of paying 12 bucks for a beer? Ehhh.

I dont like being mean, but the incompetance of the people working there is amazing low. Until that and a few other things change, de Granpre should be considered lucky to have a job. He'd be canned from mine by now.

12. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well he just took over (re-took over) the job so I think he's got some time to turn it around before he's axed.

13. RedBullFootball

Apr 7, 2008
    Gotcha, sure...

Showing improvement should be pretty easy.

kokoplus10 repped this.
  14. RedBullFootball

Apr 7, 2008
    You were right, Koko. I had a 312 Goose Island wheat right out of the tall boy can. Also got some waters at another stand and the service seemed improved. Lots of people helping to get stuff for the cashier.
    deGrandpre on his game

kokoplus10 repped this.
  15. Dyvel

Dyvel Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    The dog end of a day gone by
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Bello's has the best grub.

kokoplus10 repped this.
  16. beadletd

beadletd New Member

Oct 6, 2014
    London
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I agree with Dyvel, Bellos is definitley worth visiting before or after the game! (or sometimes without a game)

kokoplus10 repped this.
  17. Josh Biringer

Josh Biringer New Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Concessions at Prudential Center are handled by Legends Hospitality.

http://devils.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=723448

18. alianza4life!

alianza4life! Member+

Feb 21, 2008
    hackensack,nj
    hey guys question i want to get a redbull jersey since im going to todays game and i plan to attend a couple more games this season, however i do not feel like wasting 80 dollars. do they sell fakes outside or around the stadium i know they have that in south american leagues but idk about mls

19. Woodrow

Woodrow Member+

Dec 7, 2001
    Brick City
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    They don't. The whole area is pretty cleared out of anything but what the Red Bulls want to be there. But you might want to check some of the shops along Ferry St. in the Ironbound or on Harrison Ave. in Harrison. I know for sure there are several shops on Ferry that sell soccer paraphernalia. Whether you can find a cheaper jersey is an open question.

alianza4life! repped this.
  20. alianza4life!

alianza4life! Member+

Feb 21, 2008
    hackensack,nj
    i remembered i attended the FAS game last year which was for concachampions, against the redbulls.

and outside the stadium there was a bunch of salvadorians selling native salvadorin foods water sodas etc this is why i asked

21. Woodrow

Woodrow Member+

Dec 7, 2001
    Brick City
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Yeah, that was a friendly and MLS is a different animal. Replica jerseys like that are more common with internationals. I can't remember ever seeing a vendor like that for an MLS match. Maybe someday they'll be hawking their goods on Frank Rodgers Blvd., but for the time being there's really nothing available close by. I'd also assume the Red Bulls management would be fairly aggressive protecting their turf right around the Arena. But as I said, there may be opportunities close by in the Ironbound, if you're up for doing a little hunting along Ferry St.

22. idriveavw

idriveavw BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 15, 2008
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    if you know a season ticket holder, they get a discount in the bullshop. it's not going to be knock-off-jersey cheap, but it'll save you some coin.

23. alianza4life!

alianza4life! Member+

Feb 21, 2008
    hackensack,nj
  24. Woodrow

Woodrow Member+

Dec 7, 2001
    Brick City
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
  25. markxinger

markxinger Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Gahanna, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I want to weigh in with my travel experience. We came from Columbus for the game 10/3. We stayed at the Element Hotel in Harrison which I would highly recommend for traveling fans. Nice accommodations at what appears to be the going rate. And it is within walking distance to the stadium, and just steps from the train to NYC.
    We also ate at Bello's the day of the game. We were treated with maximum hospitality by Big Jake, his son and friends. (They did advise against going upstairs.) Good food and a great beer selection as stated. We did not know until Jake told that this was the site of the viral NYCFC rumble back a few weeks ago.

Dan Kohner, miggly, kokoplus10 and 2 others repped this.