Game Worn Jerseys

Discussion in 'Collectors' started by tytomkiel, Sep 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tytomkiel

tytomkiel Red Card

Feb 12, 2002
    San Diego, Ca
    I was wondering if anyone has any game worn MLS or US jerseys they'd like to sell or trade
    Thanks
    Ty

2. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
    I got plenty - but not looking to sell. What do you have in return for trade. I have a Jaime Moreno Unity Games jersey that I might be willing to broker.

3. tytomkiel

tytomkiel Red Card

Feb 12, 2002
    San Diego, Ca
    well although you stated you didnt want to sell any of your other game used jerseys, maybe you could still post a list...anyway i really am not a huge fan of Moreno, but if you have Quaranta then were talking

4. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
    My lits of jerseys:

Framed and not going anywhere:
    Giggs
    Harkes
    Olsen
    Pope US jersey

Others that I have:
    McKinley
    Convey
    Rimando
    Etch
    Albright
    Ziadie
    Moreno (x2)
    Reyes
    Adin Brown (William & Mary keepers jersey)
    Ramos - NY
    Chung - NY
    Donovan - SJ

All DC unless otherwise indicated

5. Grady08

Grady08 Member

Aug 30, 2001
    Doug,

How did you get these jerseys? I have a DC United jersey with the team from '98 and a US Nats jersey with auto's on it, but the game ones I imagine would be hard to come by. Any help on how to acquire some for personal collections and not money making schemes? I would imagine the players or teams are most concerned about that aspect of it....

Thanks....

6. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
    A few I got right from the player after the game - others I have purchased. DC auctions off the MOTM's jersey after each home game. Also, the team has one in stadium auction a year where you can buy the player's jersey from that game.

The Giggs was shear luck. My aunt's husband fell ill with cancer and the company he worked for was based in England and had locations all over the US. They sent him a signed Dan Marino jersey, a team signed England rugby jersey, and a Giggs game worn jersey from a match with picture and letter from ManU - really neat. Of course, neither my aunt or her husband were soccer fans and just threw it in a box. He passed away and my mom was helping clean some stuff out and found it. She knew I liked ManU and came home and told me about some really tiny ManU jersey she found. From the way they layed it in the box the signature bled into the other number.

7. Grady08

Grady08 Member

Aug 30, 2001
    Thnaks Doug...I know that when I interned at United, I got Clint Peay's jersey (after he had been cut) and got the whole team to autograph it, even Bruce and Dava Sarachan, but that's the only one...does DC announce when they have thi ssale or is it sort of word of mouth? Know of any other clubs that do this? Great Giggs story, although losing a relative is an unfortunate way to come across something like that...

Peace

8. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
    DC is usually kind of spur of the moment type of thing. I think they are having one either this weekend or the last game vs. Dallas.

Colorado has some good stuff (where I got AB college jersey) and hardly anyone knows about their auctions. However, they are hit or miss when they put stuff up, I just check every once in a while. http://www.coloradorapids.com/auction/auction.asp

The Metros are good about auctioning stuff as well. I just got Jason Kreis's jersey from the NASL reunion game with all the Cosmos, Burn, and Metros signing it -

http://cgi6.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISA...ed=0&sort=2&since=-1&include=0&page=1&rows=25

9. tytomkiel

tytomkiel Red Card

Feb 12, 2002
    San Diego, Ca
    Nice job Doug you are quite the DC man...
    Any way I have
    Game worn:
    Donovan (USA vs Brazil)
    Quill (NASL 01)
    Lisi (NASL 02)
    N. Garica (USATraining jersey)

Replicas:
    Lisi (USA White 02)
    Gbandi (USA White 02)
    Martino (USA Blue 02)
    Davis (USA Red 00)
    Maisonneuve (USA Red 98)
    Donovan (SJ)
    Beasley (Fire)

I know some of the USA jerseys are weird but just some of my favorite players and friends

Doug what year is the Convey jersey

10. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
    Convey is a 2000 - his first year in the league. Also rare in that it is a #30 which he only wore for that first year than he changed to #15

11. Sven-from-holland

Sven-from-holland New Member

Aug 5, 2006
    Hi all,

I don't have any MLS or US match worn shirts.

On the other hand,I do have a lot of European match worn shirts.

If anyone has any vintage MLS or US match worn jerseys related
    to Dutch players in the 70's or 80's

And wants to swap them against european ones let me know

If you like game worn football/soccer shirts or want to see my
    collection on my blog(see svens collection) visit:

http://www.footballshirt.blogspot.com

My shirts are not for sale

All the best,Sven

12. robertdiez10

robertdiez10 New Member

Jan 20, 2007
  13. dkrboys

dkrboys New Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Simi Valley, CA
    I don't really have any to trade, but are you interested in selling the v.Nistlerooy?

14. ernie morrison

ernie morrison New Member

Feb 4, 2007
    First time, I have a Pele jersey that he wore against England in 1976. It is
    a game worn jersey given to me in appreciation for helping him and his wife
    while in Philadelphia. Seventeen years later in Las Vegas, he signed it.
    "Do amigo, Pele"/
    Have thought of selling it, but don't know the value of it.
    More info available, to serious inquiries.
    Thanks.

15. robertdiez10

robertdiez10 New Member

Jan 20, 2007
    couldnt open your page. i have some mls jerseys for trade or sell if interested. thanks