Game vs. China?

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by gousa9, Sep 8, 2003.

1. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    hi guys-

i heard that the freedom will be playing a game vs. china this friday ... has anything heard anything similliar?

elaine

2. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Interesting. I'll check with my sources. Is the Chinese team here now? I think I read somewhere over in the WWC forum that China was going to be playing a game at RFK sometime before the WWC.

3. StarCityFan

StarCityFan BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I ran into the woman who served as the translator for the Chinese players last year at the Freedom's post-FC homecoming, and she mentioned that the Chinese national team would be training in the DC area. So it's at least a possibility.

4. SCCL

SCCL Member

Oct 31, 2001
    That might be difficult for the Freedom to do because most of the players have probably dispersed to the four winds. Plus, why would we want to tune up China?

Keep us informed though if you can.

5. silentbob

silentbob Member

Aug 17, 2003
    Maryland
    Club:
    DC United
    Yeah, no kidding.

Much as we love the Freedom, playing China without Abby, Mia, Siri, Steffi, Sandra, or Kelly? Yikes. Even I wouldn't want to watch that.

6. gousa9

gousa9 New Member

Aug 28, 1999
    Canada
    i know that keeper nicci wright returned to BC a few weeks ago and is heading back to DC in the next day or so to join the team to play this game...and i'm pretty sure the game is this friday. not sure of when and where etc. and who'll be able to make it ...

elaine

7. #1HoosFan

#1HoosFan New Member

Nov 15, 2001
    Indeed - some of the Freedom players will be playing China this Friday at 11:00 a.m. at RFK, together with some Philadelphia players, Darci Borski, and others. I believe there will also be a practice on Thursday evening.

8. #1HoosFan

#1HoosFan New Member

Nov 15, 2001
    Indeed - some of the Freedom players will be playing China this Friday at 11:00 a.m. at RFK, together with some Philadelphia players, Darci Borski, and others. I believe there will also be a practice on Thursday evening.

9. GoFreedom

GoFreedom New Member

Mar 24, 2002
    I think there are 5 or 6 Freedom players that live locally and should be available for the game. Lindsay, Stoecker, Beard, Skate, Grubb, and CMoore all should be available. I expect China to win, but should be a competitive match. A team fielded of WUSA players is probably better than many national teams outside of the top five. Many Freedom players have had national experience at some point, whether full team or U-21 experience. In fact Grubb and Beard have caps with the full team, all though not many.

10. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Any word from this game today?

11. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
  12. StarCityFan

StarCityFan BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not that much of a surprise: the full Chinese national team against a makeshift Freedom lineup isn't much of a competition. I would expect a Freedom loss even if it were the full time, though it should be a more competitve match.

13. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    From the latest Women's Soccer Insider newsletter: