game against Germany originally planned??

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by Hecho en Chivas, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    The game against AC Milan was played in the L.A Coliseum.. :)

Rafael Marquez shut out Dario Hubner who was at the time Serie A's scoring sensation and had joined AC Milan on trial.. The Rossoneri were also scouting Marquez which they wanted to recruit because of their aging backline.. Maldini, Stam and Cafu are on their way out so i wouldnt be surprised if they made an offer for Marquez..

2. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    Well really they played at the Rose Bowl because AC-Milan didn't want Mexico getting home team advantage for the fact during those times Mexico always played at the coliseium so the Rose Bowl was both teams decided on!

3. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    A newbie a day keeps the doctor away... :D

BTW Welcome to Bigsoccer! Come back often... :)

4. mexicano

mexicano New Member

Dec 19, 2003
    Templológico
    what about Houston? we have the reliant stadium and MX has played here against the US.

BTW, i was watching Super Estadio last night and i heard Alberto de la Torre saying that they were negotiating with the Argentinian federation for both NT to play once a year for three years. anyone knows about this? :cool:

5. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

Thank you very much I am very happy to be here! I hope we can share different information about Mexican and world soccer once again thank you very nice!

6. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

Yeah Houston stadium is not a bad place they get their share of Mexican fans their, see I think the whole point is to make money for the teams that play in whatever stadium and in this subject Mexico Does have alot of fans in Houston!

Now on the thing on the argentine and Mexico nt games one game every three years thats a great idea good exersice for both teams but I dought this will happen because argentina feels that they have an image to keep so if we beat argentina in most of those games argentina would feel hummiliated because Mexico never won any world titles I think I'm right on that!!!

7. Otaku

Otaku Member+

Dec 9, 2003
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Welcome to Big Soccer Mosco

8. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    Thank you!!! I'm glad to be here!

9. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    Does anyone know the line-up of the Mexican national team vs Swedan coming up???

10. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    The game is slated for January. The line up usually appears 2-3 weeks prior. Stay tuned.

11. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    Do you think Rafa Marquez of Barcelona will want to play this friendly or will he be able to at that time??? Meaning Barcelonas season will be over for the year at that time so that way Rafa can come play with Mexico?? I also heard that Larsson from Swedan is injured from surgery recovery and will be out So will this not make an intresting friendly or Swedan doesn't really use Larsson anymore because he is old??

12. Tecos

Tecos Member+

Apr 8, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    Tecos UA de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Larrson is still important...he retired from international competition but had to be brought back...still they have some other good players like the Juve foward Ibrahimovic or whatever and Lundjberg from Arsenal abong others....if they go it will be a very good game...I think the spanish league will be on break for the game, we'll see if rafa goes and if torrado is called up

13. SoulflyTribeFC

SoulflyTribeFC New Member

Mar 24, 2002
    I doubt Sweden brings any of those guys. You'll probably see a team like Denmark's that played the US at Home Depot Center last year. I don't think any of those guys were on Denmark's Euro 2004 team.

Sweden will probably bring a team full of their home-based players and not their top stars.

14. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    One player does not necessarily change the scope of a game, nor its interest value.

The friendly will be in Los Angeles, I hear, so the possibilities of Marquez coming back are a bit split. Off the top of my head, I can't tell you if the Spanish winter break will be over by then so hmm. If his latest interview is any indication, I'd say he's not going to travel half way around the world just to play a friendly, but you never know. Had the game been scheduled in Europe, then that'd be an easy answer.

Henrik had been playing for Sweden again after announcing his retirement some months back but with the injury, obviously he wont be participating. Does it devalue the game? Obviously not. Sweden is a good side with plenty of talented players. Zlatan is a fresh striker to look at.

I just hope a good squad is selected and not just another B- European side.

15. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    I know beacause alot of european teams dought the strength of Mexico I know what your saying, also I was in the scandanavian soccer forums and read some of the Swedish fans comments that they were going to bring just the swedish players that play for various scandanavian clubs but not their top guns! I really don't like this because I live in southern california and I want to go see ahigh paced hard playing game but atleast Mexicos B squad along with some exceptions will get some practice and for some reason I think Rafa Marquez will be around for the games against costa rica and usa!!! Because those games are crucial to Mexico So they need to enforce the point!! of concacaf world cup qualifing positioning meaning they want first place!