Game 2: Smaller but better

Discussion in 'KC Supporters Clubs' started by BenC1357, Apr 6, 2009.

1. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC

2. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I can't see myself ever supporting the opponent during the game. I know that wasn't your intention, but that's what it is nonetheless. I'll try not to yell my disagreement next time if people are wanting to do it.

3. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    Yeah, but no big deal. It was more tongue in cheek than anything. There was a quiet moment, Nick was close to the end line, we'd just finished a different chant and the masses were catching their breath. I thought that it'd be funny, silly and die. Instead people started doing it.

I'm less concerned about this stuff than negativity in our section. The biggest issue first game was the cursing chants and drunkeness leading to aggression. Last game the thing I noticed the most was sarcastic mockery and the issue with some people being upset about a random "US" where "Wizards" should have been used. I'm not sure what was going on over on Jeff's side, but even though most people ignored the issue on our side I know quite a few people who thought it made things a bit uncomfortable.

4. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't even hear people saying USA instead of Wizards, but I was on the opposite side of the section.

5. KCRovert

KCRovert BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Neither did I, that was news to me.

6. TasteTheRainbow

Aug 22, 2007
    Olathe, KS
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess someone a couple rows behind the drum freaked out about it. Like it was said, we all just got back from supporting the Yanks, and when you take a US chant and make it a Wiz chant, slip ups are going to happen. No big deal, nothing to get rrriiiiillled up about!

7. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    The last line was mumbled because I think I had it wrong. Using the original lyrics on that line sounds good to me.

I love you Davy
    and if you score tonight
    I love you Davy
    it'd be quite all right (or "you keep me warm at night" if that's where we want to take this song again.:D)
    I love you Davy
    Trust in me when I say
    (repeat)

8. EricKingh8sTheFire

EricKingh8sTheFire New Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Kansas City!!!
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think instead of ''Trust in Me when I say''...it should be ''You mean everything to Me''..because in all reality, he does....To the tune of ''whose your daddy referre''
    Jimmy Conrad
    Jimmy Conrad
    He's the grrreeattest in the land
    Never gets beat
    Always Clean Sheats
    And better, than Ferdinand...

Or for Kevin Hartman, to the tune of ''He's got the whole world''
    "He keeps the whole ball, out of the goal
    He keeps the whole ball, out of the goal
    He keeps the whole ball, out of the goal
    Keeps the whole ball out the goal.

Just trying..

9. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    I like the Jimmy chant a lot, the Hartman one a little less so, but it's fine too. Hartman Bottles of Beer went well, so if this one works, we'd have something like 4-5 Hartman songs.

On the I Love You Davy, I was singing You mean everything to me, but that's what people couldn't understand and get down no matter how many times I tried to tell them. It's a combination of the extra syllable you have to smash in, and the consonants making it tough to hear.

10. TasteTheRainbow

Aug 22, 2007
    Olathe, KS
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I support the Jimmy Conrad chant, Eric. Maybe we can break it out at the next tailgate to getr people familiar with it.

11. BloodEagle

BloodEagle Member

May 19, 2007
    Kansas city
    i think also on the i love you davy chant we should do the part right after, that goes llike dadadadadadadadada you know the tune or whatever. or i guess it would be right before we say that part.

12. EricKingh8sTheFire

EricKingh8sTheFire New Member

Feb 2, 2009
    Kansas City!!!
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Indeed, sounds like a plan.

13. Evidica

Evidica New Member

May 19, 2008
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I admit I kept slipping up too. Ben is right, it's wired into your brain after chanting it for 10 hours.

14. Chairman Mau

Chairman Mau Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Birdland
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa

i was touching myself the whole game. is that too much?

15. SamPierron

SamPierron BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 30, 1998
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It does all have a hint of Faith + 1 to it.

16. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did Nick acknowledge you guys when you did it that night?

I'm always all for spreading and showing the love. Players are just people, and it's good to let them know when they're loved, game or no game. I hate the Yankees, but one of the most wonderful, tear-jerking things I ever saw was when their fans were chanting Paul O'Neill's name during the World Series before he retired.