Game 13:- PUMAS v Tecos

Discussion in 'Pumas de UNAM' started by Disco Dale, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    Not won in last 4 matches (just 3 points), last win 3-0 in the drizzle v Monterrey.

Ref we have is Germán Arredondo Ramírez, in his career he shows a red every other match and over 5 yellows each match. He's had ten games this season, our only one being v Santos. (remember the Pikolin disallowed goal for a non-foul by Veron... we've had at least 3 fair goals disallowed this season... as well as the on-side one Chivas scored against us....). he also took the Chivas America match.

Enough about the ref.... Bernal is out 6-8 weeks, and Veron will also miss this match... clearly an absolute must-win....do we have anything to fear from them? And anyone know if Sancho will be back?

2. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    Medio Tiempo says that Sancho is fit, but not guaranteed a start, because he is not match fit after a months lay off

3. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...more bad news for us i guess...we will see how we do against these tecos team with new coach...more to come...

4. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    Pikolin says he is ready to assume reponsibilty in the central defense... the official website is rather to eager too point out that he will be the most experienced central defender we will have.... as I say, better swap him with Castro, and have castro in central defence. He does look confused here, doesn't he?
    [​IMG]

5. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    He does, and i don't think I'll be able to trust him without someone like Veron to back him up. I just have a bad feeling about this game.

6. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    Yeah, leon... I agree, and if we see 4-3-3, with castro back at right back and Espinoza as def-mid... with Pikolin and Moreno at centre backs, that makes us very flimsy right through the middle....

And, please god, I hope he doesn't play Chupa.. I think we might see Gonzalez, Scocco and Reinaldo starting today.

I think Reinaldo has got something, we just haven't really seen it yet. Lopez has not, however.

7. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Pumas lead 1-0 with Scocco hitting a PK at 59'.

Tecos playing with 10 as Urieta picked up 2 yellows in the first half.

8. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Castro to Ariel Lopez puts Pumas in the driver's seat, 2-0.

9. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Pumas take it, 2-0.

10. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...yeiyyyaaa!!!...

...did not see it...having a garage sale in davis...sucks but i am making some cool cash...:)

/...cheers for universidad!!!!....

11. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    ..well, franco, mate, don't get too excited, it was still a pretty lack-lustre performance overall.. but the result that counts.

Pretty sure the pen was a pen, but it felt that we needed that little something, a stroke of luck or something, to break through, well taken pen, his first goal with his feet since the penalty v Peñarol in the pre-season friendly. Don't get why Tuca took him off?

So, against the leakiest defence in the league, we could not score until they were down to 10 men, and we got a penalty. But there are still flashes, Sansho is clearly not 100% but already we looked a better shape with him, also their strikers look lively, and although should have hit the target more Moreno and Pikolin can think of it as a job well done today.

12. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
  13. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Lack-luster? Thats putting it nicely. They were getting booed out there until the penalty came along. But they were dominating for the most part, and simply ********ing up where it mattered. Then again all of Tecos minus Casartelli were defending. Oh well, 3 points, why complain?

14. Piedraias

Piedraias Member+

Feb 27, 2005
    Califas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I think Tuca's done an incredible job of buckling down and getting the necessary points to avoid relegation but the team is playing the most boring football in the league. It sucks and today's game was no different, despite the result... which is still cool. We're only 4 points away from Tecos and we've increased our lead over Santos to 4.

Next week we play our arch-nemesis in a pretty nice match up since we're neck and neck... There is no way this game can be boring, no matter how we're playing right now.

psyched.

15. FMF_LFP

FMF_LFP Red Card

Aug 19, 2005
    Piss Peru
    To be honest nothing new with Pumas. Their games throughout this year and somewhat of last year have been pureboredom especially when playing at el CU.

16. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    Whilst I agree that the last few games have not been exhilarating, I am getting increasingly annoyed by the Mexican press slagging Pumas for being "boring". It seemed to start around the time of the draw with Toluca.. which was a very enjoyable game, I thought....

It seems that some people in Mexico do not always understand football that well, and see a nil all, and think "that was dull". not always. And the way Tuca plays the team is intriguing, I enjoy it (not loads yesterday, to be fair, esp 1st half)

Really needed that win, so bad, here's the bottom five:-
    1.2716 Atlas 103 from 81
    1.2346 Tigres 100 from 81
    1.2222 Tecos 99 from 81
    1.1728 PUMAS 95 from 81
    1.1235 Santos 91 from 81

17. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...i totally agree with you about the mexican press disco...in general, they dont seem to have very objective comments about teams, neither players...very few have the ability to look back at other games and see the progress players are having or just maybe notice a team's attitude change...i am afraid members of the press receive bribes from left to right to get favorable/unfavorable comments for the player(s) all the way to the president of the team...

...as far as pumas playing style, i have already made comments on that...tuca is doing it ok so far, but i was already getting worried about our consecutive no so good results for the past few games...

...anyways we are closing down on tecos...brilliant victory but maybe ugly game...

...who's next?...:cool: