Game 11:- Gallos Blancos v PUMAS....

Discussion in 'Pumas de UNAM' started by Disco Dale, Sep 29, 2006.

1. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    Well, off to the lovely old town of Queretaro this afternoon, haven't been there for years, and very excited, and not just for the only Museum of Mathematics in the world, but also for a small matter of a "bottom-of-the-porcentaje" match... should be fun... no need to say how important this game is for us both....

Queretaro 12 from 10 1.2000
    PUMAS 91 from 78 1.1667
    Santos 89 from 78 1.1410

A loss sees queretaro with 1.3636 (about 10th place) and us on 1.1519
    A draw: them 1.1818, us 1.1795
    A win:- them 1.0909, us 1.1899

My first time at the La Corregidora, a world cup stadium.... scene of Inspirational Gordon's goal v Germany.....

2. John Jagou

John Jagou BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 8, 2006
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Re: Game 9:- Gallos Blancos v PUMAS....

Ahh, yes mr. strachan. Is there another team in the world with worse luck than scots? It was also the sight of the vuitre's 4 goal masterpiece vs. the danes. Who saw that coming?

I will be prepping for our Texas broadcast, but since we don't go on until 5:30, and I really don't want to watch the aggies vs. the high plains aggies, I will be sure to tune in.

I am confident, even though this is a must win for Pumas.

3. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8

Did you know that in three consecutive world cups ('74, '78 and '82) they missed out on the 2nd round on goal difference? That 1978 was a great side, but it "woefully underperformed" ("home before the postcards"). Not sure if you young 'uns ever saw Dalglish play.....ooooo he was something.

Yes, I am pretty confident. Sancho should be back, and I think we will see 5-3-2 with Gonzalez and Scocco up front, I will be happy with that..build the pressure, they will crack...

4. John Jagou

John Jagou BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 8, 2006
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM

I don't remember him per se, but I do remember seeing archie gemmil's jewel vs. Holland. Even as a youngster, I knew that was a special goal.

It's good to see sancho back. Scocco has been a great find, and parejita has been playing lights out this year.

5. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8

ah ha, the "better than sex" goal.... talking of which Dalglish's passes were beyond football, beyond art, beyond sex... they were so good they really could turn you on.... he was that good....

Its well documented my admiration for the poaching of "Coco" from Newell's Old Boys, a great spot from someone at the club. I like Sancho, although sometimes I think he need to be a bit more positive, but thats being picky. And as for the lad Pareja, for me he has come of age, I have been so impressed with him, his work-rate as well as his skill and determination, for me he is a different player from the pre-Christmas 2005 flimsy show-boating version...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    NB, sorry about the title of this thread (I'm an idiot), but I've notified a mod to change it
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

6. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Queretaro up 1-0 at the half.

7. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Ariel Gonzalez with a beautiful play off a pass from Israel Castro makes it 1-1.

8. El Kapitan

El Kapitan New Member

Aug 28, 2005
    What a goal by Gonzalez, definetly a beuty.

9. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003
    Chicago
    That goal was so cool. :)

10. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Bernal just made a terrific save off a header by Gerk.

11. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    1-1 final. Third draw in a row.

12. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    Sorry, was rather drunk during the match, so can't give very clear thoughts. I thought Tuca got it wrong tactically, was viciously disappointed first 20 mins or so, and thought that Chupa Lopez was very poor. Great, great goal from Gonzalez, though.

Whilst it extends our unbeaten run to 5 games, we do need to start winning again, teams like San Luis and Veracruz are getting away from us in the table, although Santos do seem to be in deep danger.

Bottom 5:-
    1.2658% Veracruz 100pts from79
    1.2532% UAG 99pts from 79
    1.1818% Queretaro 13pts from 11
    1.1646% UNAM 92pts from 79
    1.1392% Santos 90pts from 79

Any idea whats going on with Sancho, he was only supposed to miss one match.....