Gallup: 63% feel Bush has clear path for Iraq

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Ian McCracken, Jun 30, 2005.

1. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Get those nooses ready.

Up To The Challenge

A CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll released after last night’s speech by President Bush shows a very positive response to his message.

74 percent had a “positive reaction” to Bush’s speech. 63 percent now feel Bush has a “clear path” for Iraq, compared to 56 percent before the speech.

2. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone with a brain in their head knows that his speech was nothing more than a pep talk [people from all over the political map said it before and after]. People needed to hear from the President to know that everything is A-OK. 7% (plus or minus) now feel just a bit better.

3. servotron

servotron New Member

Mar 4, 2004
    St Paul, MN
    In related news, at least 80% of all people in america could just disappear, and I wouldn't give a rat's ass.

4. verybdog

verybdog New Member

Jun 29, 2001
    Houyhnhnms
    I think this is really what's in Bush's mind except he isn't as brave as you.

5. verybdog

verybdog New Member

Jun 29, 2001
    Houyhnhnms

Can you tell me what's the party affiliation of these people who responded to the poll?

6. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    I think Bush has a clear path in Iraq. He wants to steal their oil, and he doesn't care how many people die along the way.

Nothing, but nothing, about our Iraq policy makes a damn bit of sense without realizing that Bush and Cheney want to control Iraq's oil reserves. They want the honey, and they've conned the nation into sticking our hands in the hive.

7. Mel Brennan

Mel Brennan PLANITARCHIS' BANE

Paris Saint Germain
    United States
    Apr 8, 2002
    Baltimore
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nothing, but nothing, said here about our Iraq policy has made more sense. If, in fact, Bush and Cheney want to control Iraq's oil reserves, then nearly EVERYTHING they've done makes sense.

8. Barbara

Barbara BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Freaky. I can't find any other source to back up the information in the blog entry you posted.

In fact, I found this:

So, Ian, I call bvllsh!t.

9. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You call bullsh!t on a CNN/Gallup poll, but then cite a poll from Zogby...the biggest loser in the 2004 election sweepstakes? I'm still awaiting the Kerry landslide that Zogby predicted THE DAY OF THE ELECTION.

10. biggyv

biggyv Member

May 18, 2000
    PGH PA
    http://mediamatters.org/items/200506300008

Yep.

Bullsh!t.

11. Barbara

Barbara BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You could back up your post, but you haven't. Until you cite another source I don't believe that such a poll exists.

12. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Well, if you pay the $95 fee you can go read it on Gallup's website.

13. biggyv

biggyv Member

May 18, 2000
    PGH PA
    Or you can just look up one post to the link I provided, showing that it was a flash poll of those who saw the speech, 50% of whom identifiy themselves as Republicans, and 23% of those who identify as Democrats.

So yeah, it's a bullsh!t poll.

14. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Barb said the poll didn't exist. It's not a bullsh!t poll, it's a poll of viewers of the president's speech. How are they supposed to do a poll on the president's speech...by asking non-viewers of it? The poll is what it is: 63% of those who heard Bush's speech feel he has a clear path for Iraq, and 74% of them feel good about the speech. That's not bullsh!t, that's the facts of the poll.

15. biggyv

biggyv Member

May 18, 2000
    PGH PA
    And while I'm here, let me debunk the rest of your post:

Again, these are the people who watched the speech. 50% GOP, 23% Dem for those scoring at home.

Among the public at large, it's a different story:

http://www.tucsoncitizen.com/index.php?page=opinion&story_id=063005b4_edits

So, on Tuesday morning, before the speech, 56% of the people who saw the speech thought Bush had a clear plan. Out of everybody, 61% thought he didn't.

So, yeah, bullsh!t.

16. biggyv

biggyv Member

May 18, 2000
    PGH PA
    But you conveniently left out who was polled. What's the point of starting a thread saying "Kool-Aid Drinkers Still Think Bush is A-OK"?

You intimated that Bush's support is considerably better than the liberals on here have claimed, hence the "get those nooses ready" quip. The poll is pointless, and so is this thread.

It's called intellectual dishonesty Ian.

17. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    In other news, the majority of those polled outside the courthouse during the Michael Jackson trial believed that Jackson was innocent. Clearly, America believed in Jackson's innocence.

18. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    So, let me get this straight. To debunk my post, you cite an "opinion" piece from an obscure Tuscon newspaper?

19. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Intellectual dishonesty? I cited a link, and then posted the ENTIRE ARTICLE from that link.

20. biggyv

biggyv Member

May 18, 2000
    PGH PA
    It's an opinion piece that cited the poll results.

I didn't want to make anyone register.

Here you go. It's the Boston Globe, but it's a news piece:
    http://www.boston.com/news/nation/w...29/bush_urges_patience_long_view_on_iraq_war/

Perhaps the Globe is such a liberal rag that they make up the same numbers as the obscure paper in Tucson, who knows.

21. biggyv

biggyv Member

May 18, 2000
    PGH PA
    "Gallup: 63% feel Bush has clear path for Iraq"

The article, from the National Review, BTW, does not denote that the 63% who felt Bush has a "clear path" all watched the speech.

I apologize for calling you intellectually dishonest. You merely copied and pasted the National Review's intellectual dishonesty.

22. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    YEAH THOSE FVCKING 63% PROBABLY AREN'T AND HAVEN'T SERVED OVER THERE. THEY DIDN'T CHOKE ON ********ING KUWAITI AND IRAQI SAND FOR 6 ********ING MONTHS EITHER. LET THOSE CHICKENHAWK ********************S GO OVER THERE FOR HALF A ********ING YEAR AND THEN 'POLL' THEM IF THERE'S A ********ING CLEAR PATH!!!!!! MOTHER********ERS

23. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    First of all, don't post when you're f-cking drunk. Second, turn off the computer.

For the sober folks, did I miss the Constitutional Amendment that allows for a President to serve more than two terms?

24. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    HEY HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS DRUNK? BUT WHAT I SAID WAS TRUE, I'M JUST NOT SO BLUNT WHEN I'M SOBER

25. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Your post smells like cheap Jim Beam.