Galliani's Best Season!

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by Spartak, Aug 31, 2002.

1. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In the past I have criticized Galliani for making some questionable transfers. But this transfer season he as made up for it with a great season. He has done his job well, almost perfectly. About two months ago Inter made an offer of about $40 Million plus Concecio and another player(I can't remember) for Nesta. Lazio rejected it. Now Milan buys Nesta for only $30 Million dollars. Inter can have Cannavaro. :)

On closer inspection you can see how great this transfer season was. For a total of about $32 Million, Milan have got these players:

Rivaldo
    Alessandro Nesta
    Jon Dahl Tomasson
    Dario Simic
    Clarence Seedorf
    Sam Dalla Bona

2. bestianera

bestianera New Member

May 21, 2001
    Valvasone
    i'd wait for a confirmation on the numbers of the Nesta deal...

your calculations however seems erratic: Simic,Seedorf and Dalla Bona didn't come on free transfer (what about Tomasson?) and they can't possibly have been bought for a mere $ 2 millions,if Nesta's $ 30 millions price tag is accurate

3. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Your right about Simic(exchange w/ Umit) and Seedorf(exchange w/ Coco) but Tomasson was free on a Bosman and Dalla Bona only cost about $2 Million. And Milan also sold Javi moreno to Atletico Madrid for more than $10 Million. So I don't think Milan are spending as freely as many people will say in the next coming days. I'm ready for all of the criticism of Galliani and Berlusconi but it is not justified. Last year maybe but not this year.

4. cpwilson80

cpwilson80 Member+

Mar 20, 2001
    Boston
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Redondo getting hurt two years ago, Pippo and Rui Costa battling injuries and form last year...

Yeah, I think we made out the best this year!