Gale Agbossoumonde: On Track at Eintracht Frankfurt (loan) (R)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Gorky, Sep 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deeneaus

Deeneaus Member+

Aug 29, 2007
    America/Deutschland
    Club:
    Arminia Bielefeld
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Keep doing what you're doing, as your information is super relevant and extremely insightful. Love reading your posts. Anyone with sense knows the perspective you're operating from.

2. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so would he go lottery or senior USMNT style. if its the later the Whitecaps will have been able to double dip on acquisitions this offseason. Dont think Vancouver would waste two seconds picking him up and putting him next to Demerit.

3. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Funny, by the time that roster got put up on mlssoccer, it had been changed:
    I suspect it was a typo... wasn't some other YNT kid at Estoril Praia last year? Maybe somebody got confused.

5. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Greg Garza and Tony Taylor.

Gale was at Braga.

6. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gale was training at Estoril when he didn't have a club

7. sakibomb523

sakibomb523 Member+

Oct 13, 2009
    Orange County
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. Tardis

Tardis New Member

Jan 15, 2012
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
  9. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. arsenalfc08

arsenalfc08 Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Good points but how much of this is Traffic once again? I'm pretty sure Traffic owns Carolina now or helps out financially a lot. IMO it makes more sense for him to go a Traffic affiliated team than MLS.

Hopefully after a year he will be in a more stable club situation.

EDIT: Bryan Arguez was with Traffic and played with Ft. Lauderdale last year. He signed with Montreal earlier in the year on a free transfer. I'm assuming he has left Traffic as I doubt they would have let him go for free if he was still under contract.

11. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As long as he's playing..

12. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He will always have an offer if he can play. Whether that offer approaches more than 50k is the question.

13. minya

minya Member

Mar 27, 2008
    san diego, ca
    The first MLS offer he rejected was around $150K. He was offended.
    This one is probably around $50K. He is surprised.
    The next one might be for a water boy position. Would he take that?

14. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From the Ives link

I'm not sure what the range or Generation Adidas contracts are, but typically GA contracts are six figures. My guess is the next offer is going to be 30k or whatever around there. Gale seems to want nothing to do with MLS however.

15. minya

minya Member

Mar 27, 2008
    san diego, ca
    Unfortunately it seems than nobody else wants to do anything with him.

16. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which is what I don't get. Okay, maybe the reason that teams don't want to sign him is that his traffic deal is so expensive. I'm obviously not privy to any details of that sort, but so far nobody wants to even play him on loan. Yet the one place that keeps offering him a spot he looks down on.

Kid seems completely delusional or something.

17. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That may be the problem; he may think more of himself than others do. Hince the reason he hasn't stuck with a club. If he was worth the effort some club may be willing to deal with all the B.S. that comes with Traffic.

18. jakepc42

jakepc42 Member+

Mar 26, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or perhaps he knows he can start and play 90 for an NASL team and that is important to him. I think we're not thinking logically here. Why would he turn down a ton of money (for a kid) to play in a lesser league for less money? That doesn't sound like an ego issue, at least not to me.

19. robdawgie

robdawgie Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Indianapolis, IN
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    IIRC, Junior Flores turned down an offer of a $30k base salary with a $100k signing bonus. I'm guessing Gale's base offer was similar with less of a bonus. And he's locked into that for 4 years. He's probably making more with Traffic right now.

Smart decision on his part to wait for a free transfer next year.

20. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My guess is he actually makes more money playing on his traffic contract than with MLS. The initial reason he signed with Traffic was to make more than the low six figures MLS offered.

21. trophy case

trophy case Member

Feb 8, 2008
    new york
    He makes money with NIKE and Traffic contract. This is a tough situation because the level he is going to be playing at is too low for his development. The MLS contract is too long and the money is too little. A lot of those GA contracts are well below 100,000 but the MLS combines sign bonus and other things to make the contract look bigger than what it is.
    Gale is a good kid with great potential but this move really baffles me.

22. El Michael

El Michael Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Club:
    DC United
    I think what he's doing makes a lot of sense. By playing out his contract with traffic he is guarantted a nice salary. If he sold out to MLS he would be locked in possibly for another 4 years; in the big picture not a good idea. With the olympics coming up and all the variuos national training camps he will have plenty of opportunities to get seen by scouts and coaches a like.

Before his most recent injury he was cited by Ives along with Boyd, lletget and Gyau as the players who have really stood out from the rest. So while not in the best situation I think he's working through it in the best possible way.

23. Otergod

Otergod Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    indianapolis
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you are of course assuming he makes the 18 man olympic squad. No room for errors and if he goes to Carolina and does not perform well with the U23's then it's VERY likely he'll be left off.

I guess at this point, club ball isnt the concern as is the U23 camps. He could play horrifically with the Railhawks so long as he does well with the U23's and goes to the Olympics.

24. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think it's too hard to read between the lines of Agbossoumonde's career to date.

25. arsenalfc08

arsenalfc08 Member

Mar 14, 2005
    He's with Traffic so going to Carolina is just like him going to Miami FC/Ft. Lauderdale. Traffic owns or helps out financially with almost all of the NASL teams. IMO I think Gale is going to Carolina because they are a Traffic team just like if he was going to Estroil or Desportivo Brasil. I think its a way to get more US based clubs under the Traffic club umbrella.

Stefan Jerome is without a club now right? I'm curious to see where he ends up. NASL possibly? Have their been any current Traffic players in MLS? I don't think Arguez counts as I'm not sure he's with Traffic anymore.