Galaxy vs. Smurfs - Playoff Game 1- Nov. 1, 7pm at Victoria Street, pre/post-game [R]

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by Topper, Oct 29, 2003.

1. Topper

Topper BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 19, 1999
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

GALAXY PLAYOFFS KICK-OFF THIS SATURDAY AGAINST EARTHQUAKES

The 2002 MLS Cup champion Los Angeles Galaxy open their run in the 2003 MLS Cup Playoffs on Saturday, November 1 at 7 pm when the host the San Jose Earthquakes in the first leg of their home-and-home, aggregate-goal Western Conference Semifinal series at The Home Depot Center. The return leg of the series will be played at Spartan Stadium in San Jose on Sunday, November 9 at 6 pm. The two-match series concludes a string of four consecutive matches between the heated rivals, with the Galaxy managing a home win and a road tie in those contests.

2. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What more can I say than "We gotta win!"? C'mon LA!

3. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Will Sasha be fit to play? I thought he was an impact player in our 3-0 win.

4. g fan man

g fan man New Member

Oct 17, 2003
    i thought so too.

5. jscott23

jscott23 Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Jan 24, 2003
    Poway, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Torres has to start. The Smurfs have had no answer to him. My line-up (not the fat man's)

GK-Hartman

D-Bo
    D-Califf
    D-Marshall

M-Pete
    M-Simon
    M-Cobi
    M-Torres (Right)
    M-Sasha (Left)

F-Ruiz
    F-Moreno

I would let Sasha go as long as he can, and bring in Albright to mop up. I would bring Cien in for Torres late and move Cobi wide, unless we're behind and then I let Cien replace Simon and push Torres up top. I agree that this first one is must win, and when we do the series is over. A draw makes it harder, and a loss is unthinkable to those ba$tards! See you all at Victoria St.

6. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with this, though I don't think Sigi has the cajones to start Torres over Albright.

7. WHOLMAN2

WHOLMAN2 New Member

Dec 4, 2000
    Lahs Angeleez
    If the Dudes play the 'quakes in these next two matches like they did in the last two, I'll be more than satisfied.

Go GaLAxy!

8. Topper

Topper BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 19, 1999
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. PZ

PZ Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Michiana
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone else been checking the weather report for tomorrow. Last I saw, it should be wet tonight buy should clear up by kick off tomorrow night.

10. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    It says TBA for the yahoo platinum, any one have any more information? I'll be angry if I can't watch or listen to the games....

11. 100_Fires

100_Fires New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    so cal
    How about Lalas instead of Bo? - Playoff experience and Offensive power

12. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    at this point i think it's best to stick with bo. the constant rearangement of the backline this season contributed to our poor season.

after watching the last match against the smurfs i was impressed with the back line (apart from the opening 5 minutes of the first overtime and the goal). waldo over at mlsnet.com says the players from san jose said they were going through the motions in the last two games... maybe the second game, which meant nothing, but then again the galaxy obviously didn't take it too seriously either bringing off ruiz at the half. the first game though i don't buy that for a second. the josers wanted the shield...

not to mention i don't think any team about to play a 4 game series would intentionally "take a break", it can be demoralizing, i can't imagine the smurfs were happy with either of the last performances and will want to make ammends... often times that can lead to a team trying to hard and screwing the pooch (sort of like LA this year in a lot of games).

i'd ove to see a carbon copy of the past fortnight, go for the big win tomorrow, then another in san jose. i'll settle for a 2-0 and 0-1 though :)

c'mon LA.

13. 100_Fires

100_Fires New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    so cal
    OK, I'm with you, go LA

14. SPECIES 5618

SPECIES 5618 Member

Mar 3, 1999
    Los angeles
    The team's goal has always been to win the Cup. This year is no different, but the season was the worst we have had. If this is an indication of the Galaxy's potential in the play-offs, then the future does not look good.
    If the Gs cannot reach the final then it's best hope in the play-offs is to play spoiler. Eliminating San Jose, and if posible Chicago, would be a bright spot on a dismal season. Go Galaxy!!! And kick Smurf ass.

100_Fires? Is this me' ol' friend? If it is, good to see you back. If not, welcome to our boards newbie.

15. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Hell Yes!

HELL YES!

2-0.

16. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
    Isn't it good to be wrong once in a while? :D

Thanks for the birthday present LA!

..no really...today is my birthday...

17. Femfa

Femfa New Member

Jun 3, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Yay! Go Galaxy! Turned it on when it really had to happen.

I had a feeling this season was due for a turn around - especially with the 3-0 scoreline - after we've had a hard time finding the goal all season.

MLS champs don't go down easy. We'll take it to the finals.

18. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    the only way we could eliminate chicago is in the final :)

i'm not getting overly optimistic, it's tough to tell if san jose is playing really badly, or la is playing really well.

first half was pretty even. second half we started a bit slow, but i thought otherwise we controlled the game.

the beer shower was uhm interesting. good thing i had a spare pair of clothes in the car :)

surprised the baby jesus didn't get a card for his elbow on cobi.

19. WHOLMAN2

WHOLMAN2 New Member

Dec 4, 2000
    Lahs Angeleez
    Lalas was a spectator, while Marshall played on the left in a 3-back line. Maybe Sigi is saving Big Red for the road leg?

Anyway, 1 goal allowed in three matches against the 'Quakes bodes well for the Dudes in their match at Spartan.

Go GaLAxy!

20. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A boring first half, but a great second half. It could have been 4-0. The goal by Sasha was flukey, but I'll take it. Ruiz's goal was great. Good heads up play by Bo to send that long pass to Ruiz for the finish. Marshall looked like a liability. There were occasions where I'd ask "What are you doing?".

Even though DeRosario was subbed, we still had Mullan to contend with, who kept lurking around to pounce on the attack.

A good win for us and dejecting to the Quakes. I'm feeling great!

21. NICDT Coach

NICDT Coach Member

Jul 17, 2000
    Cd'A, Idaho
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Delicious! Our best game of the season.

22. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Definitely the latter. The G's just seem to be ... clicking, whereas b4 they weren't. Not all season long.

I see the G's in the final.

23. PZ

PZ Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Michiana
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fish vs. Dayak.

This was posted over on the LARS boards by Chris Wode who seems to be (based on previous posts and his claims) a G staffer.

24. paulocesar

paulocesar Member

Oct 4, 2000
    Wasn't Dayak the guy that won Comeback player of the Year award after he broke his leg or something?

(Then he ends up winning the header that eliminated the Fusion in 2001...heartbreaker for me that one was)

Personally, I hope one of LA's hacks breaks Dayak's legs...I wouldn't shed a tear.