.:Galaxy vs. KC Game thread:. (R)

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by Topper, Nov 1, 2004.

1. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you are looking at Paul G with very limited college coaching experience, here are two more LAG alums that should go in the hopper for considration: Cap'n Dan Calichman coaching out at Claremont and Jorge Salcedo coaching at UCLA.

Frankly, while I like all those guys, I really think it would be worth the money to bring in an experienced professional coach before you turn over the franchise to an unproven commodity. With the player turnover we can expect for next year, this is not the time to experiment.

2. cleschke

cleschke Member+

Aug 16, 2004
    Fullerton, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Spot on. We should have the best manager our budget can afford. I dont currently think we are in that positition and should therefor be searching to remedy the problem. If we currently do have the best manager our money can buy, we are in a world of hurt, thats for sure.

3. Carson Galaxy

Carson Galaxy Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Downey, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Calichman would be an interesting move. Salcedo with his UCLA experience is someone to look at. I thought Caligiuri was at the Claremont Colleges...is he working with Calichman or did he move on?

Experienced professional coach? Define that. Hankinson is now available. If you define that by someone with results in Europe/South America, I don't think MLS has the clout or cash to bring that person in yet. There is not really an American coach ouside of Arena that would be so high profile.

Hey, I'd love the Galaxy to go Steinbrenner on MLS...bring in Bianchi who coached Boca in Argentina (not there anymore, right?).

EDIT: Caligiuri is at CSU Pomona

4. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dear FO,

Please notice that with less than half a season under his belt, the most intelligent and in-depth conversations going on here at LA Galaxy Bigsoccer is who should replace Sampson as the next coach...

Sincerely,

Your Fans (ie those annoying pests that have the audacity to demand that personnel decisions be based on what's best for the team)

5. Crimen y Castigo

May 18, 2004
    OakTown
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cap'n Dan!

Well, he would win my sentimental vote in a heartbeat. But I honestly don't know jack about his coaching or management skills.

But .. Cap'n Dan!
    Still love sayin' that. And I still blame his capricious yellow card in the '96 playoffs for costing us the first Cup.

On that tangential note --
    Let me just say that while DC have been playing some of the most attractive ball in the last few weeks, and Moreno and Co. certainly seem to deserve a victory, I hope everyone associated with that organization will accept my earnest invitation to throw themselves under the multiple axels of a rapidly moving 18-wheeler hauling Coalinga's finest cow manure. A thousand such deaths would be insufficient. Peace out.

6. The Cadaver

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    YES!!!! DCU is the spawn of Satan and needs to be consigned to the lowest tier of the netherworld. Here's hoping Nick Garcia treats The Freddy with all the care he normally gives to The Fish.

7. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Comparing DogCrapUnited to the Spawn of Satan is a slap in the face to Mr. Spawn and I hope that he immediately files a cease and desist order, followed up with a libel (or is it slander?) lawsuit against you, Bigsoccer.com and Al Gore (the inventor of the internet).

I just want a good game this Sunday since I paid a crap-load of money for my tix and can't afford to just flush them down the toilet (which was my first instinct following last Friday night).

8. mojo8001

mojo8001 New Member

Apr 10, 2001
    Missouri
    I'm back to apologize. Still riding high on our win at the time I guess.
    and I go insulting our hosts :/
    The Galaxy is a great opponent and I look always forward to the match ups.
    I can't wait to visit the Shed on Sunday and I hope you guys are around to party with us.
    Peace and Love from Kansas City

9. The Cadaver

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh Topper, please unsticky this. I really don't want to be reminded of this debacle everytime I come to the boards. Its old news and an old wound - let it sink peacefully to the bottom of the thread pile.