Galaxy VS. Dynamo 9/16 (the long & winding road)

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by shirteesdotnet, Sep 15, 2007.

1. shirteesdotnet

Feb 13, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its time to move on from the Chivas debacle. Dynamo is basically in first place with Chivas at 42 points. Another tough game for us.

Is anyone that was laughing in the box last game going to be healthy tomorrow or is Harmse/Jazic gonna whimp out on us so they can play with their little........... blackberries?

I thought we had a decent starting lineup for last game. Apparently not :cool: Hopefully things will turn around for us and we get some spark going.

So, LETS GO GALAXY!

I start the thread with the lyrics to the Beatles song
    "The Long and Winding Road"...

The long and winding road that leads to your door
    Will never disappear
    I've seen that road before it always leads me here
    Leads me to your door

The wild and windy night that the rain washed away
    Has left a pool of tears crying for the day
    Why leave me standing here, let me know the way
    Many times I've been alone and many times I've cried
    Anyway you'll never know the many ways I've tried
    And still they lead me back to the long and winding road
    You left me standing here a long, long time ago
    Don't leave me waiting here, lead me to you door

But still they lead me back to the long and winding road
    You left me standing here a long, long time ago
    Don't keep me waiting here (Don't keep me wait)
    lead me to you door

Come on Galaxy, dont keep us waiting, let us know the way!

2. Dammit!

Dammit! Member

Apr 14, 2004
    Mickey Mouse Land
    It's hard to imagine a Galaxy win with Gordon and Pavon starting and with our complete lack of wing play. Cobi and Martino can pinch in ONLY if the outside backs make good runs down the wings. And they sure didn't on Thursday.

It really feels we are out of options at this point. There's no reserve tank. Time to rely on faith and...

I Predict a Victory! 2-1. Just because!

3. shirteesdotnet

Feb 13, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At this point I like Randolph better than Jazic. I like speed on the back sides and Jazic has just been plain slow as a slug, always caught out of position.
    I miss those EZ days with him sprinting up the sides and crossing it in. Randolph feels like a very young EZ and makes it up to midfield, but never really goes all the way to make a nice cross yet. Klein as right back... hes too slow. We need Albright back in there ASAP! Hes still not world class, but hes our best choice.

4. ssanchez

ssanchez Member

Oct 15, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since our season is pretty much over all I can hope for is Klein being benched and sold in the offseason to the railhawks for some of their nifty thundersticks.

5. Cyclonis

Cyclonis Forza Juve

Jul 12, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yes, bring on the champs! I'll be at the game tomorrow.

I have to admit that I was still suffering from the derby blues, but watching some WWC and Serie A this morning has got me excited about soccer again. People say we don't have anything left to play for, but I disagree. I brought some buddies of my to the Superclasico, and they loved it so much, they want to start going to more games. They didn't even care that Beckham could possibly miss the rest of the season. If these last couple games could help draw fans that can support a team no matter what, then there is something left to be played for.

6. Lolonearbyyolo

Apr 17, 2006
    Section 138
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Obviously you don't see it the same way, but Klein has been one of the bright spots despite often playing out of position. I'm not digging at you ssanchez, just saying I don't think he's the problem.

I WILL say that I'd give him back in a hot second to get Irish and Sturgis back.

7. Cyclonis

Cyclonis Forza Juve

Jul 12, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Let's go Galaxy! The faithful need something to cheer about. Let's beat the Dynamo.

8. shirteesdotnet

Feb 13, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sturgis sucked too! He was worse than Jazic IMHO. Klein is OK, I think he's better as a midfielder moving up the flanks, not a defender without speed and not a defender moving up the flanks either. He has gotten better since he arrived. I remember Kleins first couple games he gave the ball away and passed to no one. OK, he still does that, but not as bad.

9. Cyclonis

Cyclonis Forza Juve

Jul 12, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Klein is so versatile. Think we've used him as a striker, midfielder and defender this year + don't forget about that awesome bicycle kick that kept us in the the Superliga final.

Just read that Ching and Waibel are questionable for the game. Good news for us. However, I think a Houston win, will clinch them a playoff spot. We must beat the Dynamo!

10. Lolonearbyyolo

Apr 17, 2006
    Section 138
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are indeed entitled to your opinion on this, and I will not contradict you...but I would guess that you are in the minority here on this point.

OMG, did I just say something racist!???

11. Koz

Koz New Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Jaqua scores then this team really is cursed.

12. yeritsia

yeritsia New Member

Aug 9, 2007
    Does anyone know if the match will be available through Sopcast or elsewhere on the Internet?

(EDIT: Actually, I just checked rojadirecta.com, according to which it will be available on Sopcast Channel 14391; either way, if you know of any other links in case that one doesn't work, please post them. Thanks!)

13. shirteesdotnet

Feb 13, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yah, usually our LAG brother "Dysreflex" will stream all the LAG games on sopcast channel 14391 . Make sure to PM him and thank him otherwise we'd all be listening to it on CASH 1700am. :D

14. Cyclonis

Cyclonis Forza Juve

Jul 12, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ah, nothing quite like match-day morning... Some people are driving all the way from Texas for this one.Let's give them a memorable stay in the City of Angels, but only AFTER we beat their team... Go Galaxy!

15. gethomas3

gethomas3 Red Card

Aug 3, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    Line-up I would like to see:
    5-2-2-1

----------------------Cannon-------------------

--Randolph---Harden---Xavier---Jazic---Albright--

----------Donovan---------------Jones----------

--Harmse------------------------------Martino--

---------------------Glinton--------------------

I pick this one so Randolph and Albright could push up Harmse and Martino during offense. On defense, they can just go back to their original positions. With these, we can assure long balls will be out of the Dynamos strategy. It also tends to zap offense like no other. The major weakness in this is that build up could be a bit slower. Obviously, I left the huge stacks of shit that are called Gordon and Pavon out to let some of the new guys try out.

16. El Paisa

El Paisa New Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Palmdale, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it's going to be pretty much unavoidable to have an ex-Galaxy player score against us so get ready for it: Ching, Jaqua, Mullan, Ngwenya, Waibel.

17. Cyclonis

Cyclonis Forza Juve

Jul 12, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Not bad, but I'd prefer a 4-5-1 with a holding midfielder to break up their midfield play (Jazic for Vagenas maybe). Otherwise, depending on the flow of the game we'd have a huge hole in the middle. Donovan and Jones are good players but neither really strikes me as a midfield enforcer

18. Esco

Esco New Member

Aug 1, 2005
    Long Beach
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Jaqua is going to get served three lovely crosses from Dero and score a hat trick.

Vagenas will have a wide open shot in the second half only to kick it into the tennis courts.

Cmon Frank you built this team, you should know how to take it apart.

Go Galaxy!

19. illjazeera

illjazeera New Member

Jan 20, 2007
    uh, isn't Albright still out?

20. gethomas3

gethomas3 Red Card

Aug 3, 2007
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    My bad

Line-up I would like to see:
    5-2-2-1

----------------------Cannon-------------------

--Randolph---Harden---Xavier---Jazic---Roberts--

----------Donovan---------------Jones----------

--Harmse------------------------------Martino--

---------------------Glinton--------------------

21. RossUSA

RossUSA New Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Anaheim Hills
    Dude, you are so gay.

22. Cyclonis

Cyclonis Forza Juve

Jul 12, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Sorry man I'm not like you, I dig chicks. But welcome to LA, we tolerate just about anyone here so long as you can afford the high mortgage rates.

Go Galaxy!!!

23. Koz

Koz New Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe you're the one who's gay. What was wrong with what he said?

24. New Mexican

New Mexican Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Roberts in the line-up?. We might as well have 10 players. He is a real liability and a player with no skills. Why play defensively?. How are we going to win?.

25. New Mexican

New Mexican Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Glinton the only striker?. You have to be kidding?. He is just as bad as Pavon and Gordon.