Galaxy to participate in 1st ever soccer event at SoFi stadium

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by crookeddy, Apr 14, 2022.

1. hav77

hav77 Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Love Herc repping the Gs and defending that LA is still belongs to the Galaxy.

FlapJack, skydog, JPAR and 4 others repped this.
  2. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Enjoyed watching that game and seeing our second teamers mixed in with first team. The Perez story was fun. Grandsir looked particularly bad in the times I was watching. Hope Vanney can mix these players and select the right formation to up our success for the rest of year.

skydog, Neubill, JPAR and 2 others repped this.
  3. crookeddy

crookeddy Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    Club America are shooting fireworks indoors...

4. Neubill

Neubill Member

Los Angeles Galaxy
    Jan 26, 2005
    Southern Kelehfornya
    Yes!

I’ve watched several matches this season and have been impressed with Judd. He holds the ball up well like a target forward should and has great finishing skill.

I watched the CONCACAF U-20 qualifiers and thought Neal was clearly one of the best defenders of the tournament. …and while Perez wasn’t spectacular when playing for El Trí, he seems to shine when he puts on the Galaxy kit.

Although our position in the standings is subpar, the future looks bright!

The Beautiful Gamer and skydog repped this.
  5. 73Bruin

73Bruin Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Torrance, California
    I felt the same way about Dick Enberg. He got his start doing UCLA Basketball games and was there 10 years before NBC made him an offer to big to refuse.

hav77 repped this.
  6. crookeddy

crookeddy Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    Twellman was ridiculously annoying during the second match talking about how the first match was so dull compared to the second. In reality the matches were about the same quality, with the galaxy one probably a bit better.

7. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tough for Chivas fans, losing two games in a row.

8. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    Long night for them. LAFC do well in regular season matches but still goat a real problem with performing in high end matches. They had the muscle to win but choked again.

download-10.jpg

ShortyMac, The Beautiful Gamer and hav77 repped this.
  9. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    Now that all the excitement is over I am still trying to process how Galaxy gets up for these meaningless matches (except for PRIDE!) but not for regular season games, overall. How come Vanney can't find that button that motivates these people more consistently?:thumbsdown:

ragbone, napper and TrickHog repped this.
  10. The Beautiful Gamer

The Beautiful Gamer BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With the beat down we handed Chivas I thought our game was way better. We dominated that match from open to close. Our midfield kids in the 2nd half were outstanding. Twellman is just a hater.:D

Geneva, hav77 and 73Bruin repped this.
  11. napper

napper Member+

Jan 14, 2014
    Fullerton
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, fun game to watch. Loved seeing Saldaña, Jalen and Judd out there. Sick finish from Dejan. Great to have 2nd team finish Chivas off. Galaxy!

12. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Did they wax the bench;)?

13. 73Bruin

73Bruin Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Torrance, California
    I really enjoyed watching Sasha play with the kids in the 2nd half. A definite coach on the field. The interchange play was definitely better between the GIIs then it was between the senior squad midfielders early in the game.

14. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    To be fair to TT (in spite of toadying to LAFC "name" marketing strategy), he made a remark (wish I could remember exactly how he put it) about how Galaxy just looked so much more comfortable in the 3cb shape.

I guess Vanney figured he had to go that way with a younger guy coming on in the back in Neal.

The Beautiful Gamer repped this.
  15. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    I think Vanney used this friendly in a productive way to try out some different formations in live action. He went with a 4-4-2 in the first half and a 3-5-2 (or really 3-6-1) in the second half. The 3-6-1 really depends upon someone like Judd to play hold-up as a target, as well as be able to offer a speed option, and he did that quite well. It's a different look you could definitely see the team go to at times, although probably not as a regular formation.

The Beautiful Gamer and 73Bruin repped this.
  16. crookeddy

crookeddy Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    3-6-1??? Sampson has returned???

The Beautiful Gamer and 73Bruin repped this.
  17. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    Well, Vanney probably wouldn't describe it as a 3-6-1, but it sure wasn't clear who was the second forward in the 3-5-2.

As for Sampson, he actually announced his retirement from Cal Poly SLO earlier this year on account of medical issues, but they worked out a way for him to stay while he deals with his issues, so, in a way, he did return (to Cal Poly SLO)!

18. Dawdler

Dawdler Member+

Apr 2, 2005
    Los Angeles,CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so whats going on here?

[​IMG]

MPNumber9, ProudNatRN, ShortyMac and 2 others repped this.
  19. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Boys will be boys.

The Beautiful Gamer and TrickHog repped this.