Galaxy Preseason Question...

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by midwestsurfer, Jan 27, 2006.

1. midwestsurfer

midwestsurfer New Member

Jun 7, 2005
    Honolulu~Tulsa
    Have they released a schedule yet? Or any dates besides that of their Champions Cup matches?

Most specifically I am interested to know if they will honoring their commitment to play a preseason cup in Hawaii, or if qualifying for the Champions Cup has altered that.

Any information would be great. thanks in advance.

2. ashaman112

ashaman112 New Member

Aug 30, 2004
    Moreno Valley, CA
    All that has been released from what I've seen is the following...

-Friendly against the Korean National Team on February 8th.

-Saturday, February 11, Scrimmage (Reserves) against Chivas USA, 10:00 a.m.
    -Wednesday, February 15, Scrimmage against Chivas USA, 10:00 a.m.
    http://www.paddocktalk.com/news/html/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=26723

-L.A. Galaxy vs. Deportivo Saprissa (Costa Rica) Thursday, February 23 at 8:00 p.m. 2nd game on March 22 in Costa Rica.

-L.A. Galaxy vs. New England Revolution Saturday, April 1 at 8:00 p.m.

The full season schedule will be realeased sometime, no date has been set.

3. ashaman112

ashaman112 New Member

Aug 30, 2004
    Moreno Valley, CA
    Here is more pre-season information for the Galaxy...

Looks like there is no Hawaii trip this year.

http://www.mlsnet.com/MLS/news/mls_news.jsp?ymd=20060118&content_id=50587&vkey=news_mls&fext=.jsp

4. elknco1

elknco1 Member

Aug 20, 2004
    wuts with those 2 games against chivass? is that the freeway series of the MLS? we should call it the hallway series... :p

5. Burden

Burden Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And dont forget those (3:eek: ) highly competitive matches against world heavyweights Loyola Marymount...? Really. FCD will be going to play and train in Spain and England and we will be playing Loyola Marymount. Add a few games in with Chivas Jr. and you got yourself a prety... weak... preseason. The only quality games here will be S. Korea today and our 2 CCC games. And the Korea game will be a half and half group. Those TBD games better be some quality.

6. Esco

Esco New Member

Aug 1, 2005
    Long Beach
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Today - aka - Wednesday, February 8th, 2006, 8 pm. :)

7. Burden

Burden Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sorry tomorrow ***hole. It doesnt change my complaint.:D

8. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the CCC games nixed any plans to travel in the pre-season. We can't be traveling all over the place when we have a really important match here at home on Feb. 23rd. So we have to take whatever games we can get right here in LA.

Let me put it this way - I bet the competition we'll get from Saprissa in that home and away will be more intense than any pre-season friendlies that FC Moo plays in Spain.

9. Burden

Burden Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I dont think that 2 games against Saprissa will negate the fact that we play 5 games against Chivas and LM.

10. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    So obvious. So goddamn obvious and it took forever for somebody to point out... :eek:

11. Esco

Esco New Member

Aug 1, 2005
    Long Beach
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Someone had to correct you, I'm sure Boys Town dosen't have that many newspapers on hand for you to verify the schedule.

How's that Knotts Berry Farm part time job going? Are you still pushing little kids around in Camp Snoopy?

Good Grief!

and to keep it soccer related............

The South Korea national football team has been Asia's most successful national team since they made their debut at the 1948 Summer Olympics. It has participated in more World Cup finals than any other Asian team, even reaching the semi-finals in 2002.

G'day

12. Bailamos

Bailamos New Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Well, we did already play Hammarby, so we're undefeated so far in the Galaxy preseason. :)

What I'm wondering is, if we're facing college teams, why LMU so often? Why not UCLA or Cal State Northridge?

13. Soccerglue

Soccerglue Member

Jul 24, 2005
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, didn't the Galaxy beat Hammarby, because the Hammarby website has the result 2-0 with the Galaxy losing.

14. Rodneyd444

Rodneyd444 New Member

Aug 28, 2004
    La Habra, CA
    It is my understanding the people in Hawaii did not want to have the game, at least this year. It was supposed to be G's v. Smurfs, but as we know no more Smurfs.

I went to Hawaii last year and had a great time; however, there were not too many people at the game, at least to make it profitable.

15. crookeddy

crookeddy Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    ????

There was over 10k there and the game was considered a big success despite bad weather from what I read...

16. midwestsurfer

midwestsurfer New Member

Jun 7, 2005
    Honolulu~Tulsa
    14k by my own estimates, and 16k by what the papers said. and ya, it was cold and wet (well for hawaii anyway).

I figured the CCC would cancel the plans out, and the Cup website hasn't ever been updated. I just had the newspaper from last year to go off of, and they mentioned a J-League opponent and 5 year deal.

I wasn't sure if they received any profit either, but was under the impression it was a charity game as they talk about $$ raised by the game. (After all, the university pays over a million a year to host 5-6 games at the stadium, no telling what the cup payed out).

Very sad. Hopefuly they come back sometime, it was great.