Galaxy FO

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by srosenbery, Nov 10, 2004.

1. srosenbery

srosenbery New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Perris, Ca
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I think that congratulations are in order for the galaxy front office. Al least someone from the team did their job and excelled. Too bad we can't put a group of over acheivers like that on the field. Congratulations to Doug Hamilton, Michael Hitchcock and all the Galaxy front office.

2. Man Utd

Man Utd New Member

Aug 31, 2004
    Over achievers, are you serious?

How exactly did they over achieve.

3. NICDT Coach

NICDT Coach Member

Jul 17, 2000
    Cd'A, Idaho
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gee Doug what with you putting all your energy into destroying the team and driving away fans I wouldn't think you had time to post on soccer message boards.

4. Grad Student

Grad Student New Member

Apr 5, 2004
    Having close to five sellouts in 2004 is a pretty remarkable task. Show me a MLS team that has done that since 1996. Galaxy basically had twice the attendance than any other team without doubleheaders. Props should be given to the FO, even though you don't agree with Hamilton's player and coach decisions.

5. slarockk

slarockk New Member

Feb 19, 2001
    Southern California
    Yeah lets fire a first place coach and leave the club in disaray for the last part of the season and then not even have your own home team play in the final. That is really looking to play "attractive" soccer IMO. If this is good business then every company should fire their employees when they lead the competition.

6. cl_hanley

cl_hanley New Member

Sep 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa
    So your assumption is that with Sigi still in charge, the Galaxy would be in the final?

7. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, after this season, I'm all for telling them to F--- O-- as well.

That was a joke, people. Just a joke.

G for life...

8. PZ

PZ Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Michiana
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, it's good to know that FC Entertainment can consistantly win something.

9. Grad Student

Grad Student New Member

Apr 5, 2004
    I would have fired Sigi after last season, but firing him mid-season didn't bother me. Sigi's record the past two seasons was 9-12-9 in 2003 and 9-6-7 in 2004. When he got tossed, the team only won just 3 of their last 10 games and only scoring nine goals of those 10 games. His road record was terrible. Maybe the team was already in disaray before Sigi's firing.

On the same token, Sampson isn't the answer either. He's just a Sigi that's PR savvy that speaks Spanish well.

10. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    we can never know what would have happened with sigi in charge, all we do know is that with sampson we aren't. even if sigi hadn't made it, how much easier would it have been to sack him? missing the final at home 2 years in a row. i don't think there's a fan out there who would have objected to his dismissal. i bet the animosity towards sampson would have been a great deal less as well. he would have a nice clean slate next april; instead, he too has a big black mark next to his name. this was a colossal failure by the FO.

11. budalabutt

budalabutt Red Card

Nov 4, 2004
    Chi-town

A ten percent increase in your average attendance from last year jacknut!!

Oh wait I guess there is only excelling going on when someone from Manure United has a bowel movement on the field.

12. cl_hanley

cl_hanley New Member

Sep 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa
    Just pointing out that Sampson's appointment to the coaching position doesn't automatically equate to Sigi getting this team to the finals in an alternate universe...which was the direction a previous post was going.

13. Going Mobile

Going Mobile Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Heres the problem with that stat, The galaxy ran far farn more promos this season, 2 for 1 family packs and youth soccer fund raisers, even though they may have had a 10% increase in total sales they have been flat or even (-) in actual revenue from ticket sales. We know they had a 25% increase in revenues from sponsorship, as they were up 25%.

The general feel is the core fans are less happy with the FO that in previous years. by core I mean season ticketholders mini plans fans that have been with the Galaxy for 2+ years. ext year will go along way in proving how good these guys are. You also need to look at turnover and happiness of the staff. How many FO staffers have been there over 2 years ? These questions need to be asnwered before we know how good they did and are doing.

14. Man Utd

Man Utd New Member

Aug 31, 2004
    Sorry, didn't realize it was a massive ten percent.

Attendance figures are healthy but to be expected in a brand new facility right in the middle of LA and OC, I know that is probably hard for you to comprehend from shite town but unless the FO work harder at putting an entertaining product on the field the novelty will soon wear off and the attendance figures will start to drop just like any other club in the world who consistently play like ******** and that is just the reality of the situation.

I am glad you think a 10% attendance increase is overachieving but there is a lot more to it than just that you wanker.

15. slarockk

slarockk New Member

Feb 19, 2001
    Southern California
    I will give them credit for creating one of the most professional soccer environment (besides DC) in MLS and managing the beautiful HDC.....I remember trips to KC, SJ where there are little annoying sound effects, and corny announcers and the stadium seemed like you were attending an amateur game.
    The FO staff I talked with were always very helpful.

I just didn't like the coaching change. If Sigi would have been in last place, fine get someone new. But he was in first place....they were stuglling but I think the team would have worked its way out of their slump and with not much time left in the season it did more harm than good. Either way the Galaxy had a bad record on the road and that was their undoing.

16. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I like Pho', the Vietnamese soup.

But I hate the Galaxy FO. :D

17. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Same here!

18. mickeymac

mickeymac New Member

Mar 11, 2004
    Paso Robles, CA
    Does anyone know why almost all Pho restaurants seem to be called "Pho" followed by two digits: e.g. Pho 83, Pho 68, Pho 45, etc?

Signed, a Curious Non-Vietnamese Guy.

19. fillmorejive

fillmorejive New Member

Jan 14, 2004
    LA
    A Vietnamese friend of mine told me that indicates the year the restaurant was established. Pho 83 = established 1983. (i.e. FC Dallas 96)

Signed, a fellow non-Vietnamese guy

20. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That'd be correct, although I've seen Pho 2000 back in the late 90s just to differentiate themselves. If you see a Pho 54, it's signifies the date of the split between the north and south.

Signed, a Vietnamese guy

21. Going Mobile

Going Mobile Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am so confused. whats the difference between PHO and PHUC what if the name is PHUC PHO or PHO PHUC ? what does that mean

22. Dammit!

Dammit! Member

Apr 14, 2004
    Mickey Mouse Land
    Phuc is a first name. Pho is the name of the food.

I think some restaurants use the number because it has meaning. Others just copied pho99, which was the first successfull pho## restaurant.

Stay away from pho69. You never know if the food is coming or going.

23. NICDT Coach

NICDT Coach Member

Jul 17, 2000
    Cd'A, Idaho
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pho rules! Although I'm more of a Bo Xao Xa guy.

Signed, a guy that has eaten a phuc load of Vietnamese food.