Galaxy @ FC Dallas 3/15 Pre/During/Post [R]

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by profiled, Mar 10, 2008.

1. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    This is the make up game for Beckham being a no show during last years Super Liga shootout, and is free to anyone who had tickets to the game last year.

It's also a big game for the Galaxy as it's the first real test against a MLS opponent so far this pre-season.

Plus rumor has it Capello will be there to see if Beckham is in shape enough to get called up to the English National Team for his 100th cap.

I'm not sure if there's going to be any way to watch this game, but will update the post if more information becomes available.

I'll be there supporting the good guys, is anyone else planning on being at the game?

2. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm there! Looking forward to it.

3. iride_mybike

iride_mybike Member

Mar 31, 2004
    DFW
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The wife and I will be there. In fact we are skipping the St. Patty's Day parade on Lower Greenville that day because we know if we go to that we will not be in any shape to attend the game.

4. Spry

Spry Member

Apr 25, 2006
    Pasadena
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    One of many Ruud awakenings for Gullit. Dallas is going to be tough this year.

5. rtdavide

rtdavide Member+

Apr 20, 2005
    Whittier, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had posted this in the offseason thread, but it applies here as well....
    this will also be FCD's first test against an MLS side

Since their has been some issue over the strength of the opponents we played during the preseason and how much we could take from it, i thought i'd do a little comparison with Dallas, since they are our next game.

Dallas preseason
    2-0 over University of Memphis
    1-2 against Tigres UANL of Mexico
    0-0 draw with SMU
    2-2 draw with Atletico Paranaense U-20
    2-1 over Malucelli a Brazilian seria C1
    2-0 over Atletico Paranaense Brazilian 1st seria A
    1-3 against Avai FC Brazilian Seria B

LA Preseason
    0-1 to Gamba Osaka
    2-1 over Sydney FC
    1-1 with FC Seoul
    3-0 over Shanghai
    2-2 with Hong Kong United

Dallas obviously played in a lot more games during their preseason, they also had pretty mixed results, the best being the 2-0 over Atletico Paranaense from the Brazilian seria A, but then losing to a Seria B side 1-3, though that last result sounded questionable at least according to the press.

They played 2 games against other first league competition, losing to Tigres and winning against AP, but in the other Brazilian games against 2nd and third tier competition, they managed a win, a draw and a loss.
    In the two early games against college sides, they won one and drew one.

We played 4 games against first divisions teams from the J, K, A-leagues and the HK league and then whatever that team was in shanghai.

I’m not sure what to think about Dallas results and how they compare to ours, I guess we’ll find out where we are respectively on Saturday, but I don’t think our schedule looked comparatively weaker than theirs.

6. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tough, but spotty. I do not know why it is true, but every year I think FCD is going to break through to the upper echelons of the league. Almost every year for the last few years they have been my dark-horse pick to reach the cup finals. And every year FCD finds a way to self-implode. It's one of many reasons I gave up trying to predict anything in this sport.

BTW: I am glad to see so many LAG hard core fans and BS regulars are going to represent at the game. Here's to you, guys!

7. Thrash13

Thrash13 Member

OKC Energy FC
    United States
    Jan 17, 2008
    Lawton, OK
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't really speak for how the game against Serie B side was called, but I've heard it was pretty shaky at best. That being said, I can say that most of the projected starting XI didn't play until late in the second half. We played the young guys for the most part.

From what I've seen in the pre-season of both teams (Galaxy on TV and Dallas from reading reports), the two teams aren't too far off from each other. LA's offense is probably better, but Dallas' defense is probably better. It should be a fun match for sure. I'm hoping the Beckham presence can somehow get this one on TV, but I haven't heard anything yet.

8. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe.

But it looks like everybody else's is too. :(

9. EL GATO SOLITARIO

EL GATO SOLITARIO New Member

Aug 28, 2007
    I thought these three were worth adding:

LA Preseason
    7-0 over Loyola Marymount
    4-1 over UCLA
    0-1 to Gamba Osaka
    4-0 over Houston Reserves
    2-1 over Sydney FC
    1-1 with FC Seoul
    3-0 over Shanghai
    2-2 with Hong Kong United

10. rtdavide

rtdavide Member+

Apr 20, 2005
    Whittier, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    interesting too is that you guys took an extended road trip for your preseason like we did, playing against unknown competition. i've always found that harder than playing against guys you know.
    DC on the other hand stayed here and played strictly MLS for thier preseason.
    I didn't check any other teams preseason schedules to see what they did.

11. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy

It's easy to be hardcore when you only live 10 minutes from the stadium ;)

12. Hushx

Hushx Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You live in Texas? Never would've figured. Then again, you DO have a picture of Lee Harvey as your avatar :D.

Anyway...

[​IMG]

Come on, get on it Cyclonis. Where's Tiki?

13. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Yeah i've lived here for the past two years or so, it's really not that bad of a place ;)

As far as Lee Harvey, well it's was there because during our playoff push last season everyone kept saying it was a league wide conspiracy to "fix" games to get the Galaxy into the playoffs, so I thought it was rather fitting..

14. shirteesdotnet

Feb 13, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did I read someplace Texas has no state income tax? A few people I know have moved there and like it. Actually, anyone who has left California likes it better wherever they end up :)

15. iride_mybike

iride_mybike Member

Mar 31, 2004
    DFW
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The myth of no state tax....it's true Texas has no state tax but they more than make up for it elsewhere. Texas is ok if you don't like the ocean or mountains. I miss them both. Luckily I work for an airline and can leave whenever I like.

16. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    The sales tax is higher here, and the property tax is definately higher, but that comes down to the ratio of your income vs. home value, if your house is very expensive you could come out worse off vs. your income, but if you make way more then you're paying on your house it's a win, from my personal experience anyway.

17. Skincoug

Skincoug Member

Jul 12, 2007
    Santa Monica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Any word on whether or not it's televised anywhere?

18. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This the match that will prove the most

19. Galaxy Steve

Galaxy Steve Member

Jun 15, 2007
    PASADENA AREA
    The word that I have is that it is/was Dallas' job to get this game televised and they have not done so. I do hear that they are working to stream on the internet. When I have more info I will post.
    -Steve

20. Galaxy Steve

Galaxy Steve Member

Jun 15, 2007
    PASADENA AREA
    From Galaxy Home page:
    Galaxy in FCD Charity Game Saturday

On Sat., March 15, David Beckham and the Galaxy will play in the FC Dallas Foundation Charity Game. Together with the Galaxy, the FCD Foundation will donate all money raised to UNICEF, the Frisco Miracle League, and an LA charity of their choice. Watch the game for free right here!

(I am sure that there will be more details)

21. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Excellent.

22. Baysider

Baysider Member+

Jul 16, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    That's great! Making these kinds of games available to us is something I really appreciate.

23. Ben7

Ben7 Member

Jan 14, 2007
    brilliant news ! :)

too bad not ALL galaxy games are available via the net (some are, but crappy resolution)

I'd pay for a service (MLStv quality is fine by me) which would cover all Galaxy games live availale on their website.

24. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All right. The Galaxy had a practice today. Is there any way at all they're going to let us know if Donovan is fit enough to go to Dallas and play in this game? The picture that accompanies the little write-up about the game says Landon Donovan, Chris Klein and the Galaxy will take on FC Dallas. But the little write-up says David Beckham and the Galaxy will take on FC Dallas.

I just want to know if I'm going to get my money's worth** out of this charity match and get to see the whole Galaxy (of Stars) (sans Buddle, of course, and Jazic) in this game - (**seeing as how the tickets were free. ;) )

I mean, is it too much to ask for just a little info? My daughter is chomping at the bit to see both Becks and Donovan on the pitch together....I wouldn't mind it myself, either. :)

Plus it might be kind of fun to see how the team might actually lineup this season. I mean, I want to see Beckham, Donovan and Ruiz all out there together.

25. Dr. Foosball™

Dr. Foosball™ New Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Hot Springs, AR
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Remember: The less people that know about this game being streamed online, the better the video quality will be for those of us that do know.