Galaxy 2008 Season Seats On Sale

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by Itsakitnotajersey, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just heard from my ticket rep. Tickets in my section were $780 at the time I bought them, and are going up to $960. The increase is 23%. And that's the way it is - my section is a bigger increase because it's reclassified to "Sidelines" and it used to be one step down.

He didn't give any explanation for what Lalas said last night.

2. Ludwig77

Ludwig77 New Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And here I thought I was the only Galaxy/Cubs fan....PRAISE BE I'M NOT ALONE!!!!

3. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So Lalas is a liar. Or, disconnected from reality.

What is the incentive to renew your seats at this time? Are there any perks to putting in a deposit by a certain date? In the past they've given vouchers which essentially are free tickets. What's the benefit now? If it's just to not lose your seat, I'll hold off and reconsider my seats closer to March.

We know that they will still be selling season seats the beginning of next season.

4. Chupacabra

Chupacabra Member+

Aug 2, 2004
    Westwood, NJ
    Actually it's both - Lalas is a liar and he's disconnected from reality.

I really feel bad for you guys. As much as I miss the HDC, I don't miss being consistently gouged on season tickets, parking, etc. This season, to satisfy my live soccer fix I paid about $460 a seat for fifth row center (albeit at Giants Stadium) for Red Bulls season tickets - that included a free parking pass, a great warmup top, and the opportunity to see a team that wins occasionally. I could have easily sold my Galaxy/Red Bulls ticket for as much as I paid for my entire season ticket package, but there was no way I was going to miss the Galaxy's only visit to NY. Ironically, I probably saw more of Beckham than anyone in LA who has only attended regular MLS games as a season ticket holder.

Next year it will be $528 (about what I was paying for 200 level season tickets at the HDC before I moved here). Prices will probably go up astronomically when Red Bull Park finally opens, however. I guess this is what we get for demanding that MLS teams pay the price for marquee players. And let's not forget that in 2007 the schedule only had 15 season home games, while in 05 and 06 there were 16 regular season home games.

5. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know of any incentives. There isn't a deadline for keeping your current seats yet. I want to move, so I decided today to go ahead & reserve them. I'm hoping to get to the front of the line for better seats, but no guarantee of that either.

6. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well the beauty of the HDC (And probably not from the FO's point of view) is that every seat is actually very very good. I spent the whole Superliga final standing above the general admission section on the walkway and I think that it might just be my favorite view in the whole stadium. This is above the cheapest section.

The only reason I buy in the Riot Squad is the discount and I tend to be the loudmouth fan so its nice to be surrounded by fewer young kids. However, I'm always considering just buying GA season seats.

7. Mrs. FlapJack

Mrs. FlapJack Member

Apr 8, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    as a new season ticket holder in section 135, putting a deposit down in December (pre Becks announcement) we paid $770. If you renewed for last years price you paid less, if you bought after they turned all the sidelines into one section you paid $880.

so $960 is a hefty increase for us and our 4 seats.

My rep definitely quoted $960 for returning tickets, no break just cause you had tickets this year.

I'll have to email him about Alexi on the phone in show.

if anyone else gets a response on that, would be very interested to hear.

8. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just got an e-mail from my rep announcing renewal prices are not going up.

Unsure if that means the Riot Squad stays at $460.

They also say it includes 19-20 matches, meaning if there are only 19 the per ticket price has gone up.

By omission, it also looks like all ticket exchange is gone.

9. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Section New Plan Price RENEW Plan Price (by Oct. 15)
    Club $4500 $4500
    Field-side $3300 $3000
    Sidelines $980 $880
    Corners $750 $660
    200-Level $640 $560
    Endline $550 $480
    General Admission $430 $380

10. Topper

Topper BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 19, 1999
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just got this from my ticket rep.

Of course, they turned all of my section into "sideline" tickets, so if they kept my ticket prices the same as what I paid for 2007, they would be $33.50 each. Instead, they're $44 each.

For this garbage? No thanks.

Topper

:D :( :D

11. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A few other little things:

I was told Riot Squad will be at "endline" prices so for renewals that will be $480, only a $20 increase. Pretty good value imo.

Also, the online ticketing managing program will no longer be free so everytime you e-mail a ticket to a friend or whatever you'll be paying ticketmaster for the privledge

The vouchers we used to get for renewing early are gone forever.

12. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And a final thought,

Why are they going backwards on the sideline seats? They used to be all considered one section but they rightly changed that in HDC season #2 and recognized that people in section 136 should pay $980 a season seat when someone in 137 (a few feet over) should pay $750

13. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    $880 is better than the $960 than Mrs. Flapjack & I were quoted. I hope it's true. Maybe Alexi put them on sale today! I'm a sucker for this team & already reserved for 2007. I feel kind of used right now, oh, well.

14. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now that is a big step backwards. A big mistake, IMO.

15. KingsQueen949

KingsQueen949 New Member

Apr 13, 2007
    I'm a season ticket holder and have not received any notification about renewal. My so-called Rep left early on in the season. I was promised he would be replaced and he never was (surprise, surprise).

I suppose I have to go out of MY way and contact them because they don't have their She-ITE together and spend time on hold while they run around wondering who they should pitch me to!

It's GREAT to be a STH! :confused:

16. 2ftstomp

2ftstomp New Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    I understand all season ticket holders will receive formal notification regarding 2008 season tickets in the next week or so. Am I renewing? Of course.

17. canammj

canammj Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    CHINO, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is a big mess and I am very torn on what to do.. I went to 95% of all games at the Rose Bowl without a season ticket due to no problem in getting tickets.. When we moved to HDC, I got a season ticket as a reward to myself for our new stadium and hopefully a new era and what I thought would be much harder to get tickets. I was willing to take the bump in price, as the seating and atmosphre is so much better in a SSS> .. We have generally sucked since we moved to Carson.. The double in 2005 is still a mirage... I then let the ticket go, as I had fewer times to attend. I live over 60 miles away and its a chore, especially weeknight games.. Then Becks is anounced. So I call my ticket rep. from the first year, get back basically the same ticket.. I can't find my invoice form from the first year at HDC, but i know it went up.. Then all the internationals are announced.. Dispite our generally poor showings, the games against Rangers, Chelsea, Pachuca - 3 big clubs, has offset some of the disappointment of Becks.. I understand injuries, i am ok with that, but the team has generally folded the tent... They are even worse than last year and that is saying something...
    =========
    So now what do I do?
    There is no way AEG and to a lessor extent, MLS, going to let the Galaxy suck 3 years in a row. It just can't happen... What if they are going to really upgrade the team next year? How do we know if the upgraded rooster susports the prices ? Is a healthy Becks all year worth the cost?
    -
    I did hear LEXI say 2 things on the Fox PHone show.. The schedule will be done differently next year - so hopefully, more favorable to us and we actually get to see Becks at home for more than a handfull of games and he also said the tickets would not go up in price to that viewer. He told him to call his ticket rep and 'he would be surprised'
    =
    I just sent an email to my rep. to see what my exact seat will cost next year.
    I too am a soccer sadists.. I guess I could go see Goats games, but that will never happen
    I think the options for me and may be for many others- drop down a price category or buy a half-season ticket etc...

---

18. Carson Galaxy

Carson Galaxy Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Downey, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    THIRD combo fan

there's only one 23 in Chicago for me
    RYNE SANDBERG

It's amazing how I'm much more interested in baseball this year thanks to the fortunes of both of these teams.

19. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just got confirmation from my rep that sideline season seats are down to $880 for renewals. Same rate as 2007, unless you renewed early. I'm happier - now down to a 13% increase from what I paid in 2007, plus I'll probably get better seats. I'm amazed, but Alexi must have gone home from that FFF show & made some changes. Good job whoever complained to him on air.

20. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or legal tore him a new one for opening up the Company to all sorts of liability for making false claims on television and they decided the easiest response was to give in?

Probably not but funny to consider...

21. hocho

hocho New Member

Sep 14, 2005
    Braintree
    Will they still be called the Galaxy? This is from Novemebr 2006

Malcolm Glazer is extremely happy with the way his team, Man Utd is playing and he wants to share the wealth. There are reports that he is now trying to build his Manchester United soccer empire on both sides of the Atlantic Ocean.

The Glazer family has been discussing a joint venture with the Anschutz Entertainment Group (AEG) the owners of the LA Galaxy, in which the Galaxy will become the flagship of a combined Manchester United and MLS association. Reports are that David Beckham will be the player that the franchise will be built around. Part of the deal is that the Galaxy will have to give up its name.

The move could boost the popularity of MLS games. Nielsen Media Research ratings show that MLS games this season averaged a 0.2 rating, unchanged over the past three years. However, the average number of households watching MLS games declined 4 percent over the past year, from 196,000 to 188,000.

The MLS Cup championship, which aired Nov. 12 on ABC, drew only a 0.8 rating against NFL games and a NASCAR race on other networks.

Beckham is being courted by MLS to come and play in the USA and they are relaxing the salary cap for designated players in the MLS franchises, in what is popularly known as the Beckham Rule.

22. Mrs. FlapJack

Mrs. FlapJack Member

Apr 8, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    yes, I also got the $880 email today, and renewers are first in line for better seats. still not sure what we'll do, since we need that 5th ticket and all. We kind of like our front row seats for the kids...but I doubt we'll get a 5th seat right there. Maybe we'll try to move to the back row...always good NOT to have people on one side of you with them!

For anyone who is looking for a GOOD rep- ours is andrew
    310-630-2239

or ageist@lagalaxy.com

He even placed a full page ad in my daughter's HS soccer program last year. Considering the team shite is not really under his control, he has been good to us.

23. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's almost a year old. You are still asking? It obviously didn't happen.

And given the rebranding that took place this year, it ain't going to happen either.

24. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting related comments in the Marc Ziegler article today...

Relevant Portion:
    With that dubious backdrop, the Galaxy begins its season-ticket renewal campaign to the very constituency that has arguably been injured the most in the whole affair. One sports marketing expert privately compared Beckham's signing to a “Ponzi scheme,” because while MLS received unprecedented publicity and its clubs sold unprecedented numbers of tickets and adidas sold more than 200,000 Beckham jerseys and TV networks got record ratings, the one entity that didn't receive full value for its expenditure is Joe Ticket Buyer.

Internal MLS attendance documents indicate that the Galaxy is the one club with a legitimate fan base, the one club that doesn't have to rely on thousands of complimentary tickets or legions of AYSO teams paying $5 a head to fill the stands. Now that loyal fan base is in danger of eroding, either from paying a sizable chunk of its disposal income to see Beckham play a single regular-season game or from having to watch a woeful Galaxy outfit for the other 14.

“They have a chance to turn this PR problem into a customer service opportunity,” USC's Carter says. “You have to go back to your fans and hope to communicate that you were really trying to deliver value, and you weren't trying to just get into their pocketbooks.

“But you only get one shot at customer service. Blow it, and you could lose them forever.”

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/soccer/20070905-9999-1s5socpage.html

Agree? Disagree?

I think football (soccer) fans, in general, are hopelessly addicted and have such a deep love and passion for their chosen teams that some of the regular economic theory or rules may not apply. Got to feed the addiction, no matter what.

25. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just what we've all been saying. I think the Galaxy does have an opportunity to blow it big time with its loyal fan base. I think it's probably an exaggeration to say the Galaxy is the one team with a legitimate fanbase, though. They have the biggest one, true, but there is a good base in Toronto, DC, Houston, RSL, probably some I'm forgetting.