Galatasary bankruptcy- Do you think this will affect German teams?

Discussion in 'Germany' started by The Old Lady Hertha, Dec 31, 2005.

1. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I think that the Galatasary financial crisis will affect some Bundesliga teams. Many players of international class, like Hasan Sas may now turn to the Bundesliga and other foreign leagues.

2. Jaison

Jaison New Member

May 6, 2005
    Tristan da Cunha
    Interesting, I haven't read much about their financial state. I can definitely see this happening, though I could see Fenerbahce and Besiktas raiding the club as well.

Too bad really, though. Gala was on the up and up a few years ago (esp. after their UEFA cup win and their domination of the Turkish league in the late 90's), but Fener has leapfrogged them now. It seems to be similar to what happened to Leeds, Lazio, and BVB.

3. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It will affect us (BVB). We're supposed to play them in a pre-season tournament on Saturday!!! ;)

In a story published back on December 29th, Eurosport says the Galatasaray players are threatening to boycott their training, due to begin tomorrow, if they aren't paid.

Galatasaray Players Threaten Training Boycott

The tournament story is on the German page at the official BVB website.

I edited the translation earlier today, but I think our guy hasn't had the chance to post it yet. I'm sure it will be on the English page in the morning if he isn't still up now. :cool: