Galatasaray v. Olympiacos [R] 21/10/03

Discussion in 'Turkey' started by SoccerFan8270, Oct 21, 2003.

1. SoccerFan8270

SoccerFan8270 New Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Pennsylvania
    FINAL:
    Galatasaray-1
    Olympiacos-0
    Goal: Cihan Haspolatli

2. yeniceri

yeniceri New Member

Oct 16, 2003
    chestnutridge new york
    this was a very big game for both teams
    in my opinion this was basically a qualifier to see who gets to the uefa cup

3. galafan

galafan New Member

Mar 14, 2003
    Massachusetts
    huge win for gala. I ordered the uefa.com action pass, so i got to see it (DFH lets us down again). Mondragon came up huge for gala in this one. Conversely, sukur let gala down, as he should have netted 1 or 2. I was very impressed with the pressing play of olympiakos. Now I know why Juve and Sociadad had trouble with this team. Hopefully they don't attack with the wraith they attacked gala with in the second half when we play them in greece. our defense barely held together in that second half, and when it actually broke, they squandered the chance or mondragon saved a shot. I'll be holding my breath for 2 weeks till we meet them in greece.

4. The2ndMouse

The2ndMouse New Member

It was a very good game indeed! Olympiakos could easily get more from the game as much as Gala could get it over earlier! Many missed chances!

Oly fans are delighted thanks to their team finally performing well in Europe, but sadly this is not enough! You can be sure the Athens Match will be very tough too! At least the two teams played a very nice and most importantly CLEAN match!

5. Manny

Manny New Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Denmark
    I thought we (galatasaray) played a horrible match, but I was also impressed with Olympiakos.

Btw am I the only one who thinks Urs Meier is a sh!te referee? The match wasn´t dirty but he still whisteled for 60!! freekicks.

6. molosztash

molosztash New Member

Aug 17, 2003
    Istanbul, Turkey
    congratulations to Galatasaray

Galatasaray played well in the first half. But I think Olympiakos' efforts should have been awarded with a draw. Pity for Galatasaray for giving too many chances to opponents although they played defensive.

I don't think Galatasaray will win another point on CL.

7. yeniceri

yeniceri New Member

Oct 16, 2003
    chestnutridge new york
    There is something i have noticed on the boards when it comes to turkish teams playing in european competition. The posters who happen to be supporters of certain teams seem to be ultra bias. For example it seems as though besiktas fans seem to get pleasure out of seeing gala lose and the same goes for gala fans with besiktas. If you look at it objectively a win in euro is good for turkish football in general. It gives the league respect and more importantly opens up extra champions league and uefa spots for the next year.
    So please as turkish fans, regardless of which team you support domestically lets all get behind our teams in euro competition and keep the rivalries where they belong in the DOMESTIC league

8. molosztash

molosztash New Member

Aug 17, 2003
    Istanbul, Turkey
    No, taking the two teams into account, I realize that I like Olympiakos more than I like Galatasaray. So I don't, actually I can't support Galatasaray in Europe. I don't like their coach, players, especially captain. I can't find a reason to support Galatasaray.

But, if the subject is Fenerbahçe, it changes. I support them in European matches. Also, I support Gençler, Antep and others, but not Galatasaray