Galarcep's 23 man roster

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by keller4president, Apr 15, 2006.

1. Ghost

Ghost Member+

Sep 5, 2001
    I'm clearly rooting for Mr. Albright, but if he gets left off, it won't completely ruin my day or anything. What bugs me is the crap that people post about him on these threads with scant or zero evidence. Can't play defense? Then surely he's been responsible for a goal, probably more than one as a National Team defender. But no one can identify that goal. Because there hasn't been one. He's beeen playing defense successfully for two-plus years now. He's probably the best outside back in MLS. And people slag on his defense like the only example of it is the Jamaica game, because that's the only game they bothered to open their eyes for. Does anyone mention him shutting down Pando in Guatemala in a qualifier that meant everything to Guatemala? A game in which he would have had two assists if Taylor Twellman hadn't been on the receiving end? Drives me nuts.

2. Zeppelin

Zeppelin New Member

Jan 24, 2006
    but he is the only one who will represent Hawaii, so i think he will go ... make Hawaiians proud baby !!!!

3. Cweedchop

Cweedchop Member+

Mar 6, 2000
    Ellicott City, Md
    Don't get me wrong, I don't have problem one with either Albright or Spector making the WC squad over Hejduk/Berhalter.

I just think that Bruce Arena really values experience over emerging talent. For all the faults that Hejduk seemingly has, he has been lights out in representing this country when we need it the most. To my recollection, he hasn't had a bad step in any WC matches he has played in (98' and 02'). That goes a lot further than what Albright can bring to the table.

And remember that both Hejduk and Berhalter are very well respected inside the locker room. Don't underestimate the importance of that. Remember the "Our Way" DVD and the personal pep talk that Hejduk was giving Landon prior to their match to Portugal? Shit like that is priceless and needed from tested WC vets.

Again, I wouldn't be shocked to see both of Albright/Spector make the final 23.

Nor should anyone be equally shocked when Berhalter/Hejduk make the squad.

4. Ronaldo's Idol

Jun 13, 2004
    As of this current moment, I agree with Galarcep's picks 100% as who Bruce will choose.

But there is time left...and the most likely to be replaced IMO are Olsnen and Twellman. Either of those is teetering on the edge. I think Ching, Casey, or Rolfe can unseat Twellman. And Olsen I think could be dropped for a player like Noonan or Ralston who don't even play his position. But Olsen is covering for Mastroeni, who could potentially be covering for or covered by Reyna or JOB. So dmid isn't that thin IMO.

But I still think Bruce is thinking this is the lineup as of right now, and the two spots up in the air are Olsen's and Twellmans.

With Spector's injury this weekend, Hejduk is battling with Albright but Hejduk will win out with experience for sure.

5. BenfromUSA

BenfromUSA Member

Jan 20, 2006
    Minneapolis/St. Paul
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thankyou :cool: