Galacticos Cinematicos

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by La China Poblana, Nov 8, 2004.

1. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003
    Chicago
    David Beckham is to make his feature film debut - the England captain is to play himself in Goal!, the $100m (£54m) trilogy which stars Y Tu Mama Tambien's Diego Luna.

"It's no secret that I want to be involved in youth coaching when I finally hang up my boots, and I believe that the Goal! trilogy will provide a positive message to kids around the world," said Beckham.

Variety reports that Beckham and fellow Real Madrid superstars Zinedine Zidane and Raul have all agreed to play themselves in the trilogy, which will be directed by Danny Cannon.

http://film.guardian.co.uk/news/story/0,12589,1346197,00.html

2. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Might not be the best of moves, because I got the akin sensation that these movies are going to be bad. I might be pleasantly surprised....I hope....for them, with them being associated with this trilogy.

3. Arwel

Arwel New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    Crewe, UK
    I can't think of any footballing movies which were worth the admission price -- even Pelé couldn't save Escape to Victory ! :D

4. kraayzizou

kraayzizou New Member

Sep 20, 2004
    St. Louis
    You can't think of any footballing movies worth the price of admission? Heard of "A Shot At Glory" or "The Mean Machine?"!?!? There are two for you more than worth the price of the DVD and then some...brilliant films!

5. Pazarius

Pazarius New Member

Jan 10, 2004
    England
    Save it? I thought Pele (and others) were the main things wrong with that movie. Pele wasn't acting, he was just playing himself; which begs the question, what exactly is Pele doing in a German POW camp in world war 2? I spent the rest of the movie trying to figure that one out.

6. totti2madrid

totti2madrid New Member

Jan 9, 2004
    FL, USA
    i think he was supposed to be from Trinidad in that flick.

7. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003
    Chicago
    [​IMG]

Undated handout photo issued in London Tuesday March 15, 2005, of from left-right, Spanish soccer star Raul, Mexican actor Kuno Becker, England's soccer captain David Beckham, French soccer star Zinedine Zidane on the set of the movie 'Goal!'. Beckham and England soccer coach Sven-Goran Eriksson have both been filmed for roles in Hollywood's first soccer movie Goal! . The England captain and head coach were in London Monday March 14, 2005 for filming along with Beckham's Real Madrid team-mates Zinedine Zidane and Raul. (AP Photo/ PA, HO)

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/050315/482/03151911

8. edogg

edogg Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    I thought that Escape to Victory was a decent movie...Pele was an English POW in that movie, and he was not playing himself

9. halamadrid101484

halamadrid101484 New Member

Feb 17, 2005
    Bahamas
    I do think these movies are going to be bad but we have been missing a good football flick in a long time . It should be better then ladybugz hopefully lol :)

10. ise_bashis

ise_bashis Red Card

Feb 18, 2005
    Portland

also football factory was decent

and there is another one... a chinese one with flying monks playing soccer... cant remember the name but its a movie you can definitely take the piss out with your mates

11. Real_Madrid_for_life

Feb 3, 2005

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0161220/

look no further.

12. Real_Madrid_for_life

Feb 3, 2005

Shoalin Soccer, that movie is off the hook, definitely the best football movie ever, matrix meets football, also very very funny. I recommend that if you can get your hands on a copy do so ASAP.

13. MADRIZ

MADRIZ New Member

Jan 11, 2002
    CALIFORNIA
    they found themselves a new job since they can't play decent football anymore. may be they can leave and take florentino so he can be their agent.
    it's just another galactico crap to make more money and generate publicity in the very sleazy style so dear to florentino.

14. Una Grande Libre

Una Grande Libre New Member

Nov 20, 2004
    what's it to you?!
    actually i heard about tis a looong time ago... i dont think they would have done it if the team was like this (or at least i hope they wouldnt), but this started out a while ago sooo... still a bad move

Arriba España

15. icy55

icy55 New Member

Jan 4, 2005
    Singapore
    i highly doubt that it would be a success. i am sure that it wont be like the lord of the rings trilogy! that totally rocks.