FYI..Phoenix will get some big international club exhibitions in the future

Discussion in 'Phoenix' started by Absolut Fire, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Absolut Fire

Absolut Fire Member

Jul 22, 1999
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    From Venues Today.

As for Texas, Lone Star Sports and Entertainment, the group which manages the Houston Texans NFL team, have also announced a one-year agreement with Global Spectrum to help with the booking of five annual events at Reliant Stadium. In exchange, Lone Star will help book some MLS and International Soccer events at Cardinal Stadium in Phoenix, also a Global Spectrum managed account.

2. wufc

wufc Member

May 1, 2005
    UC Irvine
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This doesn't surprise me. Cardinals Stadium by design seemed destined to be the premier stadium in America, and it was getting attention internationally. Too bad no one ever tried to play soccer at Sun Devil Stadium (in terms of big matches as far as I know).

3. wreckedmachine redded

Aug 15, 2006
    hell yeah, i drive by the cardinals stadium everyday to work. the stadium is amazing, it has a very euro futbol soccer stadium style. like the seats are really close to the field and any seat you get in that stadium has a really good view. love the stadium, i just hope a mexican team comes here and puts a team, cruz azul, atlas would be nice ;] or an original mls team would be nice to.

4. FuzzyForeigner

Oct 29, 2003
    WA
    Club:
    Seattle
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. frenil

frenil Member

Mar 11, 2004
    Lund
    Niether Cardinals Stadium or Emirates stadium are beautiful.

The person who designed Cardinals Stadium probably drives a Hummer H2.

6. MannyMayhem

MannyMayhem New Member

Aug 4, 2006
    Studio City, CA
    I dunno, Bundesliga stadiums are AWESOME. Westfalenstadion(BVB Dortmund) is mindblowing.

P.S. Cardinal Stadium is essentially a copy of a Veltins Stadium (Schalke 04) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veltins-Arena see the catering and venues section

7. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    ... and architectural style.

The Magpie

8. jade1mls

jade1mls Member

Jul 9, 2006
    Seattle

So they ripped off the stadium of the most famous ex-Nazi football club. Nice! Go Cardinals!

9. Sundevil9

Sundevil9 Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Reston, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The National Team played two pre-1994 games there in like 92 and 93. Norway, and maybe Switzerland. Among the notable experiences were one of Lalas' first caps and one of Reyna's first goals.

I remember when Lalas came on in one of the games, a little kid 5 or so rows above said "I didn't know they let girls play.":D

But Sun Devil Stadium at the time was too narrow, and they weren't going to play any night games in 1994, so it was crossed off the list of venues for WC94.

And the Cards stadium is supposed to resemble a coiled up rattlesnake.

10. Gioca

Gioca Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Hartford
    Club:
    US Città di Palermo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think both Arena auf Schalke and the one in Phoenix are pretty ugly. They're only beautiful to the people whose pockets are filled because of them, but for a fan, no way.