FYI - Major traffic delays starting on Friday

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Ricky_DCU, Jul 12, 2005.

1. Ricky_DCU

Ricky_DCU New Member

Feb 1, 2001
    Somerville, MA
  2. Section106

Section106 Member

May 1, 2003
    Hampton,VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any advice for someone comming from Hampton? Other than leave early, of course. Thanks.

3. Sundevil9

Sundevil9 Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Reston, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You'll probably be OK. The game starts @ 730 on Friday, and they won't start messing with the bridge until 800. And you'll be heading away from the traffic afterwards.

I assume that you just take 95N to 395N. An alternative way is to take the US301 bridge over the Potomac down by Dahlgren, to MD RT 5 just north of Waldorf and that'll get you back to the Beltway, and you can take 295N to 395S and catch the RFK ramp. The downside is that there's a modest toll, it's a two lane bridge, and there's like 75 traffic lights.

4. Red&Black

Red&Black Member+

Aug 30, 2001
    Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Burkina Faso
    you'd be faster to stay on branch (md5) all the way to the district and take the left at pennsylvania ave and there to the stadium. back to 295 would be a long way around the beltway whereas this would save you at least 20 minutes.

but i don't think going back via 395/95s will have a problem

5. Section106

Section106 Member

May 1, 2003
    Hampton,VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the advice. I tried to rep Sundevil9 but I must spread it around...

6. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Section106, check your PM's.

7. griffin1108

griffin1108 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 5, 2003
    Virginia
    My next door neighbor says that the 8:00 PM start is not accurate. The changeover will begin earlier. Anyone coming from the south on I-95 should stay on 395 over the 14th Street Bridge.

8. TOTC

TOTC Member

Feb 20, 2001
    Laurel, MD, USA
    This is going to fcuking scuk. I am planning on heading to Va Beach this weekend, and the return trip will be a btich.

9. dsylvest

dsylvest Member

Jan 18, 1999
    DC
    use metro this weekend, folks. and if you need info to make bus links, go to http://www.wmata.com