FYI - column on Lavolpe

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by anderson, Jul 13, 2005.

1. jlscrub

jlscrub New Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Toronto
    I dont get what you are saying.

Read btwn the lines?

The article says nor implys nothing about LaVolpe wanting naturalized players?

About the record. Yes this article and most print media lately are marveling at the way the NT is playing. Justly so. Who cares about his overall record. He has made huge strides with the NT. And most would agree, even the most critical people (aka Hugo) that the NT is playing very well. This consensus cant be seen on a stat sheet.

The sad part is people like you dont want to give credit to LaVolpe for what he's done. That is turn Mexican soccer into a work of art. You can tell me you dont smile when you see El Tri making sweet as touches.

bean counters like you will never understand that.

2. PanchoM

PanchoM Member

Nov 3, 2001
    PalmsPlace
    You really beleive that Mexico played bad in the Confed cup ?
    Pathetic in the Copa America ?

When you post your Stats you fail to mention that the losses are mostly during friendlies

Except for Brazil in CA ,Argentina and Germany in Confed Cup,which where damned good efforts his record as a coach IS impressive .

South Africa beat a relaxed new Mexican team not a big deal really,

You are the one that mentioned that you had "Given up hope" for the Mexican team , so perhaps you're trying to justify your previous posts by
    Stating that Mexico played bad in the Confed Cup .

What can Lavolpe Do as a coach that will satisfy you ?
    Nothing , not even winning the world cup would allow your ego to accept that Mexico has a Damned good team and is a product of "El Processo" that you despise, The Mexican defence has been built from scratch by LaVolpe ,The Mexican midfield has a much faster transition with LaVolpe then it ever had , Forwards we are lacking but the job isn't done yet ,we'll get there ;) .

3. jlscrub

jlscrub New Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Toronto
    Spread some rep around.

classic post.

classic.

4. PanchoM

PanchoM Member

Nov 3, 2001
    PalmsPlace
    Mighty beholding to you cuss......

5. Pottermaniac

Pottermaniac New Member

Nov 28, 2004
    RGV, texas
    great article, i think lavolpe should go, but i dont agree with Hugo in one area, the game against Brazil was won thanks to Lavolpes tactics not by luck.

6. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    You really think that being the 4th best in an 8 team tournament is something to brag about?

You really think that the tactics that Mexico chose against Argentina were the best? I know that retrospect has 90/90 vision, but even I knew those scared as tactics of his would fvcking bite us. You guys that protected Lavolpe for the Copa America win against Argentina where we bunkered for 70+ minutes and it payed off... well... bunkering is not a higg percentage tactic and it showed.

DOnt act like we have never done well in group stage, but Lavolpe does not have the mental capacity to take them over the grouo strage. MExico playes scared.

OH yeahhh we played a great game against Germany.. Was there pressure? FVCK NO... they were already eliminated

Just because Beckenbauer says something nice about the Mexican NT, you guys get hard on. What you guys dont realize is that you need that blood back in your brain to realize the truth.

THANK YOU.

IF that is the case. If we are doing so fvcking good, why threaton to call up more naturaized players?

4th place is not impressive. SOme of you guys (i dont want to name names) ciriticize the MLS because 8 out of 10 teams make the playoffs...4 out of 8 make the playoffs in the confeds.

South Africa beat a relaxed new Mexican team not a big deal really,

You are the one that mentioned that you had "Given up hope" for the Mexican team , so perhaps you're trying to justify your previous posts by
    Stating that Mexico played bad in the Confed Cup .

HE is a loser. Always has been a loser. Always will be a loser.

Mexico has always had a good team. You guys act as if this is the 1st time Mexico has ever won the Gold CUp. You guys act as if this is the 1st time we led the WCQ.

It shows.

7. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    What a surprise brainiac.

I am implying that the author (if you want to call him that) finished with "Lavolpismo has games if not heart" is beyond idiotic?

What is Lavolpismo. Lavolpismo is a school of mediocrity and choke artist. Mexico have always been choke artist. We want to get away from that, and we embrace a school that chokes?

Lavolpe is a coach that never amounted to shyt as a club coach in Mexico. 16 out of 20 years, he failed or had subpar seasons. In Mexico, where the liguilla can have mercy on a team's substandard season, he has even failed to produce there. 22 season and 1 title to show for? HOW IS THAT A GREAT COACH?

Those who would be influenced under his bullshyt would talk about intangible accomplishments (player production, debuting players, stlye, etc). At the end of the day, what matters is winning. You can tell me "oh, but his style is pretty and he produces a lot of players" And the follow up uestion is, "OHH okay, how many titles has he won?" then they respond.."Oh, its what he has tried to impose on his players and implement within his system"

They credit this fool for shyt?? big deal. Why was Lapuente, Trelles, Cardenas, Marik, etc all measured by wins and results and why isnt that the same for Lavolpe? How can a coach in Mexico (that isnt even Mexican) be allow to fail 10 seasons and still be a coach in Mexico?

Again.... what Game is the author talking about?

He makes Lavolpe seem like this mastermind that likes to have people guessing and that likes to p1ss people off (players, coaches, press, etc) to ignite a fire under their asses. OHH YEAAAA what a crock of shyt. A great motivator he is.... CMON!!!!!! dont spit on my back and tell me its raining outside

If you were to ask me, "Is your team complete?" and if I were to say, "Yes" It would be safe to assume that the team is fine. But when you say that your team is complete and you still look for other players... your actions imply that your team isnt complete.

SO... using that logic....

If you say that you hve debuted and produced a lot of players, why critizie that Mexico doesnt have any???

If you say that the proceso is great, why look for players that are not Mexican?

If La Volpe says that the proceso is great, that they are winning, that they have few losses....why take drastic measure as to call up a naturalized player? Why threaton to call up as many as he sees fit?

Do you still not see the irregularities in his statements. Lack of confidence permeates unto others.

The consensus was saying America was playing bad. They were wrong.

We have always been able to pass. Did Lavolpe reinvent the 3rd fvcking wheel while I was gone or something?

And mental midgets like yourself embrace mediocrity because they dont know anybetter.

8. PanchoM

PanchoM Member

Nov 3, 2001
    PalmsPlace
    Mexico did not play scared against Argentina -
    The Tactics where to disable the midfielders and disconnect them from the forwards ,and it was done beautifull ! . The game plan worked out . A lapse in concentration by the Argentinians nettet us a goal (great play by Salcido) ,but then a lapse in concentration on our part costs us a goal
    The Penalties are a coin toss and we lost BFD

Mexico held Brazil down and it worked !
    Nobody ! (perhaps France in 98 ) has been able to shut down the sapaces in the middle like Mexico did ,We never opened up ! it was a frustrating thing for the Megastars to experience . We had plenty of chances offencively on the sides and it bothered the hell out of them ! it was fu<king great man ! .I still get exited thinking about that game :D

Mexico Opens up and scores 3 on Germany IN GERMANY !
    The problem with playing like this is that the other guys may score more :mad: . If we accept that offensively we are not close to Brazil's Fab 4
    or Argentina's depth ,the tactics in those games were perfect . Against Germany we allowed more spaces and matched them offencively I would call this a more even game then the game against Argentina .

Being 4th behind Brazil,Argentina,Germany is not as bad as you make it out to be :) .

Anybody noticed lately how all the bounces go our way when we play a lesser team that knows us ? Like against Guatemala . This is a product of them being intimidated by us , such as we once had all the bounces against us when we played Argentina and Brazil in previous years nothing would go our way . I dont attribute this to LaVolpe , is just that the mentality of our younger payers is that of Great acomplished players .

RDL things are looking up for our team and the glass is half full and we already ordered another one , so keep your chin up man ......

9. PanchoM

PanchoM Member

Nov 3, 2001
    PalmsPlace
    Hey on a side note ,

Doesn't it make you guys kinda proud to hear Zinha sing the National Anthem
    the little dude took the time to learn the verses and sings the heck out of them before the game ! :D Welcome Zinha , Si eres Mexicano Cabron !

10. Sakuragi

Sakuragi Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    No. Not for me. I wish he was out of the national team.

11. PanchoM

PanchoM Member

Nov 3, 2001
    PalmsPlace
    A ti te anda buscando el Zacatecano :D

12. Sakuragi

Sakuragi Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Lo traigo loco, en cada "thread" me menciona... :D

13. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Are you trying to say that after we scored on a counter, that the tactics we chose were to disable the midfield?

I fail to see how kicking (clearing) the ball to the other side of the field and giving the ball back to the opposition disables the midfield? I failed to see how allowing the opposition's defensive line advance to the halway marker disables a midfield.

I could have sworn Brazil attacked and attacked and even walked in a couple times into our area with some pretty high percentage shots.

We can play Brazil in Group stage (WE ALL KNOW THAT), can we play them when loser goes home and winner advances? You know... when the pressure is one?

Being in the top 10 of your graduating class is something to be proud of when 500 other fvckers are graduating with you. being in the top 10 when its a graduating class of 15 is like a dubious honor... dont you think???

i fail to see that and not because I want to, but because history always repeats itself

14. Pottermaniac

Pottermaniac New Member

Nov 28, 2004
    RGV, texas
    Jesus, soulfly tribe, i didn't u admire me so much, but u are right, it'll never me possible to be as smart as me. :D

15. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Que es todo este Jibba Jabba ?

[​IMG]

16. jlscrub

jlscrub New Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Toronto
    haha.

RDL didnt like being called a beancounter.

Sometimes ignorance is bliss :)

17. RafaMarquez

RafaMarquez New Member

Dec 28, 2004
    Rosarito
    Who hasn't counted beans before ?

[​IMG]

18. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    i dont care what you call me.

you said the following

either you are a fvcking idiot or you havent been watching Mexico for a long time. Which one is it? I KNOW WHICH ONE IT IS TOO

What has he done?

Win the GOLD CUP.

Mexico won it in 93,96,98... Is the Gold Cup now a bigger accomplishment? Why? Because Lavolpe's supporters say so? How is it bigger when he use to ridicule such tournament?

OHHH... but lets judge him on things that cant be measure. YEAHHHH... lets measure him on heart and style... YEAHH... real convenient. Call me a fvcking bean counter because I only can count to one... that is right... ONE league title in 22 years in Mexico as a coach

Lets judge him on tactics, style, players he has brought up... BUT lets stear away from the things that really matter like wins, important games, tactics during single elimination games, etc.

You fvkers think football is some some beauty pageant where what matters is in the eye of the beholder. BULLSHYT! Football is about winning. Plain and simple. Mexico needs to win and needs to impose tactics that increase their probability of winning.

But, When you have a pr1ck for a president like De La Torre (which you guys criticize) who sets the bar at being within the best 8 backs up this fool for a coach... things arent looking fvcking too good.

I have never heard of going into a game or tournament with the intention to be mediocre. NEVER! ONLY in Mexican football does that shyt happen because we have people that dont want to put people that know what it takes to win.

19. Numero_9

Numero_9 Member

Mar 31, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    look guys..just give up trying to argue RDL...its kinda obvious that he hates Lavolpe and hes never gonna be pleased.

20. jlscrub

jlscrub New Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Toronto
    Your right. I have only been following El Tri from the 2002 WC. Not nearly as long as you.

Remember I am no personal fan of Lavolpe either. We are talking soccer. You look at things as black/white win/loss. This isnt baseball. I'll get back to this in my final paragraph.

But you want to talk about facts. I can go to 10 nacos on the street and 8/10 will say EL Tri is playing good. And its because of LaVolpe's tactics.

THese so called X-statistics dont register in your computer I see. You keep living your life like that, your gonna give yourself a heartattack.

Yes winning is important. Are u sure you arent German?

The thing is. You, me, we all know that winning is what counts. LaVolpe and the team said this after the Confed Cup. The point is they are playing soccer the right way now (high skill level, beautful passes, fast pace).

THe single elimination games will come. THe process takes time. How fast do you want it? There still an entire year to make the final touches.

That is why I dont understand this fuera LaVolpe. You guys are a bunch of envidiosos.

Added the fact that their mentality has switched to a "we should win" from a "I hope we win".

They have one rung left. Which is to consistently win the big games. I think they need to gain strength against other physical teams.

I may not know about previous teams in the past. I do have a good read for the pulse of a team. And all the nacos I talk with have positive thoughts about El Tri.

Winning the Gold CUp
    C'mon that is the fire you all anti-LaVolpe people bring. This doesnt need to be answered. Just turn on the TV and watch them play beautifully.

Oh, I forgot you dont know what beautiful is. How is it that you played organized sports/soccer? Soccer is the only game I have ever seen (and Tennis) where the opposing team can score a beautiful goal and the other team will applause. Because that's how soccer is. ANybody who played soccer understands this.

21. SoulflyTribeFC

SoulflyTribeFC New Member

Mar 24, 2002
    I couldn't have said it better myself.

It will never me possible indeed.

22. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    whether i like him or not... is irrelevant.... show me that he is successful?

what important tites has he won and how many of them?

23. Sakuragi

Sakuragi Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    How many titles does Lavolpe have in Mexico (club teams)? The only title I can remember from him is in Toluca. But, that's when Ojitos Meza *panics* left him that winning team. All Lavolpe had to do was sit down and enjoy his team play and win.

24. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Then shut you trap then if you dont fvcking know

nacos. PLEASE what do they know? They believe in indian prophecies that America is the only rich club. They dont know shyt because they dont take the time to get informed. Go ask your nacos

If you want to play for recreational purposes, fine. If you want to play competitively, winning is what matters.

No I am not German, but I have a high regard for their mentality. In 1949, their country is in shambles and thier cities are destroyed. In 1954, they win their 1st WC. No excuses with them. How many excuses have we listend to in Mexico? Infrastructure, support, etc.

Show me the link.

Because I could have sworn that Lavolpe said that not winning the Gold Cup would not be considered a failure. IIRC, the gold cup was played after the COnfed Cup

Give the process more time.... what a cop out.

Did it ever occur to you that the indian rain dance worked because they just danced till it rained.

Jealous of what? 1 title in 22 years as a coach in Mexico? provided sub par seasons 16 years out of 20 years as a club coach?

that is not true

great... king of the nacos

I saw the game. They played beautifully?

maybe that is how you do things in Peru, but I sure as hell dont fvcking root for the opposing team. Respecting them and applauding them are 2 totally different things.

You are so fvcking clueless with Lavolpe it isnt even funny. I have seen this fvck p1ss away clubs (mine included in 1996) and blame everyone. How he still gets job in Mexico is beyond me. We must be fvcking idiots to allow a loser to coach our team.

25. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    93 atlante...

he only has one title