Future Residents of Manchester... The Arsenal Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by ThreeUpTop, Aug 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flyerhawk

flyerhawk Member

Feb 5, 2006
    Hoboken NJ
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If we got M'Villa and Sahin then this was a very successful offseason regardless of the RVP and Song moves.

2. Rewinder

Rewinder Member+

Jun 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    We would still need one more goal threat to really round things out, or we will be in for many more games like yesterday's.

3. gunner0007

gunner0007 Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    Bahamas
    I think Wenger was saying something about the balance being off by playing too many strikers up front. Therefore not being creative enough. By hearing what he was saying I can see him putting Cazorla out wide and Ramsey in the AM spot or something to that effect. I really hope it won't happen but you never know. Also, getting Sahin means more creativity in midfield right? I think our problem with creating chances as well was that Diaby wasn't sharp and the midfield chemistry, although Cazorla was MOM, wasn't where it will be. I think once the midfield clicks, we will see tons more chances.

4. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Song hasnt signed for Barcelona yet. Arsenal usually waits until everything is complete before taking players off the site.

And Lansbury didnt set the world on fire at Watford either. I dont know if he will have a good premiership career tbh. He hasnt really had a good championship career. He may develop into it, but right now he doesnt look to be ready. And he certainly isnt good enough for Arsenal.

charlie15 repped this.
  5. flyerhawk

flyerhawk Member

Feb 5, 2006
    Hoboken NJ
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The twitterverse is abuzz with claims that a loan deal has been agreed to with Real Madrid for Sahin. 2 million Euros.

charlie15 repped this.
  6. pats1237

pats1237 Member

Oct 28, 2006
    The District
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With an option to buy for 6 million*

*Twitter rumors

7. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good point. Thanks. I will give the webmaster his credit back!

8. ArsenalGooner

ArsenalGooner Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    If Sahin and MVilla come here, even with the departures if Song and RVP, I think it makes Arsenal the strongest from top to bottom that we've seen in a while. My problem with Wenger all these years is that we've always had a strong starting 11, but the backups/reserves were kids with zero experience (hell, some of the starters were kids with zero experience but at least you could tell thy had a boatload of potential). Now, we've got veteran cover all over the field, sans the full back positions it seems.

Honestly, I can't say I'm really all that upset with how this offseason has gone. This is a team with a more solid core than in recent memory, even if our attacking options are arguably worse at an individual level.

Also, I'd be all for Dempsey. He's a hard worker and dude score goals in all sorts of different ways. He's always seemed to have had an attitude issue, but I think that's a misread of his personality and that something about him just gives off that vibe. I don't believe it's true.

And, finally, the young German fullback someone asked about a few pages ago? Would it have been Moritz Volz? Left Arsenal and played successfully for Fulham for a while.

9. flyerhawk

flyerhawk Member

Feb 5, 2006
    Hoboken NJ
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not much cash for a guy that is supposed to full of so much ability. I have never seen him play so I have no idea as to how good he is but that does seem like a small sum.

10. gunner0007

gunner0007 Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    Bahamas
    If we even had the option to buy, it definitely won't be 6 mil. I would see it more like 20+. Also, Mourinho just said there is no way Sahin would be sold.

11. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Moritz Volz! Forgot all about him. It's funny how players come and go in and out of the league and you don't even notice.

12. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That buyout number can't be right. Sheesh, if it is, pay it now.

13. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  14. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DaPrince84 repped this.
  15. gogunners14

gogunners14 Member+

Dec 6, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    DaPrince84 repped this.
  16. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    yea:p

17. gunner0007

gunner0007 Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    Bahamas
  18. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    not very. Unknown website with the likes of Caught Offside

19. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    In the pregame show for Bordeaux and Rennes on ESPN UK, they were talking about the M''Villa situation. It seems like Rennes are trying to get a player to replace M'Villa. In a way it reminded me of the deal with Nasri. Hleb to Barca, Nasri to Arsenal, and someone(Afra?) to OM. So it might be the deal is just waiting on Rennes to get their guy and then everyone signs the dotted line.

M'Villa is playing btw.

20. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Orstein is very reliable ( the Oracle of Islington). He is usually spot on...

21. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LMAO......
    Come on...cut him some slack..I am sure he meant Orsntein. :)

22. gunner0007

gunner0007 Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    Bahamas
    Good thanks.

23. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was Ben Arfa... (OM to the barcodes)

24. Arsenalkid700

Arsenalkid700 Member

Aug 9, 2011
    New York City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think from the description it is safe to say that Lansbury is the Juan Agudelo of English football. Touted to be a future star but sadly washes away at club level.

25. ambro

ambro Member

Dec 9, 2011
    USA
    Ahh, didn't know that one. Good to know.

Even still, why make it such ridiculous numbers? Obviously they can sell for less if they agree to but it's just a joke the way they structure those clauses for their players.