Future MLS Stadium Renderings Thread

Discussion in 'MLS: Expansion' started by jade1mls, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Ranka

Ranka Member

Apr 1, 2005
    As discussed in many treads... the first thing Yallop did as a coach is change the size of the field, it was too wide for the Galaxy, one way to better up your defense is to shrink the playing field. :rolleyes:

2. FC5280

FC5280 Member

Dec 21, 2003
    :D
    Dice gotta disagree with you on this. But with respect.

1. HDC
    2. Rapids Stadium
    3. DC United
    4. RBNY (for some reason I just don't think its going to be as great as everyone says. Just a hunch that's all)
    5. Toyota
    6. Pizza Hut Park
    7. Crew Stadium
    8. Kansas City
    9. BMO
    10. Fake Salt Lake (if they ever get it built, plus its Salt Lake so I have to rank them this low on principle alone :D )

3. Moaca

Moaca Member

Mar 8, 2006
    Actually it will be a 13,000 seat stadium (expandable to 18,000), possibly even smaller than the original 13,000 seat plan because of some rethinking of the idea.

The location photo previously posted is no longer correct as the stadium will no longer be at Technoparc; the Impact have now been given free land near Olympic Stadium.

Also the graphic of the stadium is an older one as a roof is more conspicuous in the latest graphic below.

[​IMG]

Stadium articles
    http://forums.soccerfansnetwork.com/showthread.php?t=35436

4. wreckedmachine redded

Aug 15, 2006
    new monterrey mexican team stadium comin soon to monterrey. with an upscale apartment complex.

[​IMG]
    ownage.

5. Martica-pat

Martica-pat New Member

Sep 24, 2006
    Philly
  6. Crew14

Crew14 Member

Apr 11, 2000
    Brunswick
    For being a "knowledgeable soccer writer", that article is absolute garbage.

7. slimjim21591

slimjim21591 New Member

Aug 1, 2006
    what an idot lol

8. Chowda

Chowda Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    As a Chivas fan, I'm surprised you didn't go with the "stadium in the ground" that your club is building:

[​IMG]

I wonder if CA supporters are coming up with songs about burying them twice?

9. scarshins

scarshins Member

Jun 13, 2000
    fcva
    he should have gone to college :D

there's factual errors:
    " In 1996, the league was started by a group of business men and none of them knew what soccer is. All they knew is that soccer is the number one sport in the world and it should be number one in the U.S as well. They did not know that the United States is a very challenging market for soccer where jealousy and fear of the success of soccer is still very strong."
    Hunt had NASL experience, yes? Lots of people invoved with this league knew exactly what they were doing...did it go 100% right? No, but that's why they insisted on deep pockets...

and then there's uninformed opinion. and, give me a break, the guy's a scout? played semi-pro? bah. his opinions give him away as very naive.

10. Chowda

Chowda Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    He made a generalization where there were obvious exceptions. Yeah, that was sloppy. However, most are saying his point is wrong because of that or because he's an "idiot".

I actually agree with his point, but would shoot the messenger.

11. NYFC

NYFC Member

Jul 30, 2006
    Brooklyn
    LOL LOL LOL He puts the Rapids Stadium as the second best in the league LOL LOL LOL Rapids Stadium if gonna be better then Toyota Park huh? Not to mention Red Bull Park? Jeallous much??? Colorado's stadium will only be better then Crew's, Dallas' and Toronto putting them no higher then 7

12. ossieend

ossieend New Member

Apr 3, 2005
    derby u.k.
    We don't know whether or not Rapids stadium will be better than TP. I suspect it'll depend on the circumstances, the Rapids seems to have more of a roof which in burning sun or rain has to be a plus. As for Red Bull Park, the drawings look great, but that's all they are yet, drawings.

13. NYFC

NYFC Member

Jul 30, 2006
    Brooklyn
    I don't know how much the Colorado roof covers compared to Toyota Park's, but Toyota Park's is much nicer. The Rapids roof is cheap metal shingeling on a few beams.

14. ossieend

ossieend New Member

Apr 3, 2005
    derby u.k.
    Yeah, whatever.

15. HardHatMike

HardHatMike DOOOOOOOOM!

Traktor Nebraska
    Aug 31, 2005
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All these fancy new toys for people to have a pissing contest over. Yet, we'll always be the first.....

[​IMG]

16. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First to what, not make the post-season? Since that's not Lockhart, I know you don't mean first MLS club with a soccer specific stadium.

:D

17. Tdotsoccer

Tdotsoccer Member

Apr 23, 2006
    I think you guys will be somewhat surprised with BMO field. It is right beside the city (you'll see skyscrapers) and it's on the lake.

18. wreckedmachine redded

Aug 15, 2006
  19. NYFC

NYFC Member

Jul 30, 2006
    Brooklyn
    We all know it's a great location. It's the stadium itself that is unimpressive.

20. Tdotsoccer

Tdotsoccer Member

Apr 23, 2006
    I'd rather have a decent stadium in great location, than a souped up stadium in the middle of some unknown suburb. It adds to the atmosphere.

21. metros11

metros11 Member

Sep 11, 1999
    Highlands of NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lockhart was not built for soccer. Therefore it is not the first.

22. metros11

metros11 Member

Sep 11, 1999
    Highlands of NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I concur.

23. sj_oldtimer

sj_oldtimer Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Clovis CA
    I would also agree with that idea. For whatever reasons, and I think there are many, professional soccer seems to fit into an "urban" environment better than anywhere else. I do not mean to suggest that it is always true. It just "feels" better..IMHO.

In the end, the ONLY important issue is that soccer stadiums get built, and that they are built to a size, and in locations, that are appropriate for the future of the game in this country. The reality, in the 21st century, is that new stadiums have a life of about 20 years, more or less. The amenities that were "state of the art" in 1985 fall far short of what is expected in 2006. In 2025, these new stadiums are going to look and feel outdated in most cases. The good news is that some of these facilities that are being built in the suburbs may well be in a far more "urban" setting 20 years from now.

24. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually it won't be just because of location ;)

The USMNT will be playing more European teams, and well New Yorks always been the place to play. New York is the United States its the Major city here, yes LA is too but its all about location..

25. AlecW81

AlecW81 Member

Oct 20, 2005
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    State of the art doesn't matter when it comes to soccer... Highbury was still packing them to the rafters till Arsenal moved to Emirates, and United still packs in RFK. It's about atmosphere. I recall going to Redskins games at RFK when the entire stadium was literally rocking and bouncing. It's not the same at Fed Ex, even with 40K more people in the stands.